Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hood scoop modification

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
has anybody looked into modifying the inside of the hoodscoop to better direct airflow to the filter. i will post pictures in a minute of what im talking about

Last edited:
OP
HMBRGLR

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #2
So this area just allows air coming in the scoop to just go into a void behind the plastic that mates to the airfilter box. I would "think" if this was blocked off it would allow a rate of airflow into the filter area. Idk im no airflow expert. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

OP
HMBRGLR

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Idk something like this

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
My wild guess is: As long as enough cold air is entering the airbox to feed the SC and it is not sucking hot air from the engine compartment, it does not matter one bit. I do not know the air flow values so I cannot be sure, but since SRT engineers did such a good job on everything else, I would expect it is fine as is.

Back in the day with NA engines, increasing air flow to increase pressure at the carb might make a difference.

OP
HMBRGLR

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
My wild guess is: As long as enough cold air is entering the airbox to feed the SC and it is not sucking hot air from the engine compartment, it does not matter one bit. I do not know the air flow values so I cannot be sure, but since SRT engineers did such a good job on everything else, I would expect it is fine as is.

Back in the day with NA engines, increasing air flow to increase pressure at the carb might make a difference.
i deff. agree that it probably doesnt make a bit difference. just curious if anybody else had wondered this or looked into it.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
has anybody looked into modifying the inside of the hoodscoop to better direct airflow. i will post pictures in a minute of what im talking about
Airflow to what? Lol

OP
HMBRGLR

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
There is a ton of time and money spent to optimize the airflow in all new cars. I’m sure there can be minute improvements but I believe even CAI on newer cars only offer slightly modest improvements.

OP
HMBRGLR

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
There is a ton of time and money spent to optimize the airflow in all new cars. I’m sure there can be minute improvements but I believe even CAI on newer cars only offer slightly modest improvements.
agreed