Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jailbreak Redeye's coming soon

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Maybe you can order other custom pastel colors. :D
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No, the pink one is great. It'll go with my "Barbie Car" theme :LOL::LOL:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So people can say they have a "1 of 1" car kinda like the people that wanted a paisley vinyl top in the 70s? :ROFLMAO:
Hey now, my dad does own a paisley vinyl top Dodge:)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So people can say they have a "1 of 1" car kinda like the people that wanted a paisley vinyl top in the 70s? :ROFLMAO:
I want the Avocado SP seats from SEMA.

But I also loved the VW GTI plaid seats as well. Yeah im a nerd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My take on this is you have to pretty much order a car right now to get one so why not let people get anything they have already done in the past?. I know a guy that ordered a Redeye back in April and just got it last week

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Hummmm...Jailbreak? The concept of ordering different color combos and opening up a bit more HP is okay, but, Jailbreak???

I'll wait for the Nutbreak or Ballbuster edition...maybe the end of the line Dead Cat Edition with 807.5 HP

Sorry for being cranky. I'm just tired of hoping & waiting for a Helliphant version with that badass engine and great logo. That's All Folks!

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Hummmm...Jailbreak? The concept of ordering different color combos and opening up a bit more HP is okay, but, Jailbreak???

I'll wait for the Nutbreak or Ballbuster edition...maybe the end of the line Dead Cat Edition with 807.5 HP

Sorry for being cranky. I'm just tired of hoping & waiting for a Helliphant version with that badass engine and great logo. That's All Folks!
Yeah man, Demon was the all-time top ICE just like Tim said it would be. No super stealth Helliphant or Ghoul or Angel coming. The next phase will involve fast as hell golf carts. I'm a hard pass on that no matter the hp and 1/4 mi time. I want a car I can smell, hear and feel. As ppl on here said earlier, I'm just REAL happy I got what I got years ago. Ain't ever lettin' go...

For those who missed out, these Jailbreak cars are STILL 800+ and pure ICE. In a few years u wont be able to get any ICE. So buy em and drive em like ya stole em!

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
It's called clearing out the parts bins folks.
Seeing that the 2022 "Holy Guacamole" sports a 50th anniversary badge, I'd say you're right.

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.56.10 PM.png

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Seeing that the 2022 "Holy Guacamole" sports a 50th anniversary badge, I'd say you're right.

That's 11 minutes I'll never get back...

oh and that guy should not give up his day job!

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's 11 minutes I'll never get back...

oh and that guy should not give up his day job!
Same goes for every moment of your life... Choose wisely.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
It's called clearing out the parts bins folks.
With all the parts shortages and stuff there really are no 'parts bins' to empty out. FCA was all about just in time delivery from suppliers before Covid. Stellantis is even more hardcore about it. They don't have piles of unused HC motors or WBRE facias laying around. This is more about easy/cheap promotion and maintaining enthusiasm about an old product, encouraging more custom orders (since that's the only way you'd get one at this point anyway), and keeping the plant (somewhat) busy as others have already pointed out.

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
JIT stock began back in the early 1990's. The Japanese had been using it for years. A stipulation to the Ford/Nissan partnership was the implementation of JIT and Team Concept. JIT worked fine... Team Concept, not so much. Seeing parts being flown-in by helicopter was an awesome sight.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #33
With all the parts shortages and stuff there really are no 'parts bins' to empty out. FCA was all about just in time delivery from suppliers before Covid. Stellantis is even more hardcore about it. They don't have piles of unused HC motors or WBRE facias laying around. This is more about easy/cheap promotion and maintaining enthusiasm about an old product, encouraging more custom orders (since that's the only way you'd get one at this point anyway), and keeping the plant (somewhat) busy as others have already pointed out.
When we say parts bin emptying it’s not meant literally lol. It’s just another way to profit by rearranging existing parts designs. No new designs. Pretty sure no one thinks there are truck loads of blue calipers or ugly gray seatbelts. Or DO they…lol

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, economics aside, it's undeniably all about BAD TASTE in this case, lol...

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
When we say parts bin emptying it’s not meant literally lol. It’s just another way to profit by rearranging existing parts designs. No new designs. Pretty sure no one thinks there are truck loads of blue calipers or ugly gray seatbelts. Or DO they…lol
Some people actually do, lol.

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Like Harley Davidson in 2003, some may look back and say 2022 is when Dodge jumped the shark. Holy Guacamole! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Why is any of this bad? If they unlock ALL the colors and let you build what you want, you get a happy customer and Dodge makes more money. This may even pull some people out of their current car (sell it at today's high prices and order the combo they want for 4-5% under from Koons, DC or Chapman). Id guess this may eventually trickle down to the lower models. Yeah I bet there are going to be some abominations per people's opinions but eh, its their car. If they make it unsaleable its on them.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Jailbreak model ? BLM ought to like that :LOL:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

I agree, & I just bought a Helliphant hat that would go with a new model of that.
When will it happen ?...I guess when there's nothing left to throw a hellcat or RE engine in.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

That shaker needs to be black.