Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1.2 Miles. 200.66mph and a Big Thanks to Josh of HHP and Laim my tech and good friend

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
If you have seen some of my other threads you will know I have just finally got around to tuning the hellcat.
Litens 2.85. Demon Injectors. 180 stat.
My good friend and tech Liam had a nightmare getting the pulley off during the week but he managed it.
We had booked Josh of HHP to carry out a remote tune yesterday. Josh supplied the start up tune of course.
9am your time. 2pm my time.
What a headache. The dyno shops PC crashed and took a while to sort out.
The internet connection was abysmal and kept dropping in and out.
That made it a nightmare to send the logs to Josh and then upload them once he emailed them back.
The Diablosport Trinity can take and age to talk to the car every time you switch it off.
I really thought we were never going to get it done.
Got back home after grabbing some dinner I emailed Vmax 200 as they had an event today.
I got real lucky as they had a cancellation just 10 minutes after I emailed them.
I only got 4 runs in as I had to leave early. But I achieved my goal. 200.66mph. Two runs in the 200mph. 1.2 mile runway to the speed beam. No burnouts. Awesome job, very pleased :):):)
They gave me a good number again
IMG_7734.jpg

Average mpg prior to a run
IMG_7733.jpg
Then after a run.
IMG_7740.jpg
There was a big mixture of cars there. All sorts of stuff. Must get a better phone mount as it shakes about at high speed. Apologies for that. On the 4th run I kept going a little way after the brake point just to get that 200mph in the saved top speed. Had to be done. That would be about 205/6mph. Awesome :):):)
IMG_7749.jpg

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Very, very cool. Just awesome. Well done.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Fantastic job🤘

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Congratulations! It does not seem that many guys with HC’s who have done top speed runs have reached 200 in that short a distance?

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Congrats, quite an achievement there!

OP
Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
many thanks for all the positive comments. I am really pleased. 200mph is a big number.
My saved 0-100 time was 7.5 and the saved 1/4 mile was 11.3. This was from when I ran at Santa Pod on a prepped track an 11.2 at 124mph a couple of years back.
My 0-100 time dropped to 7.2 and the best 1/4 time was 11.4. Pretty good. The Toyo R888R's definitely help. Second gear launch seems to be the best way to minimize wheelspin.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Awesome!

That windshield wiper aint gonna last long at 200mph haha.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Congrats!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I wood be athankin these guys but kudoes to the tire gods. These guys can get you there but the tire guys keep you from getting killed. I have been on I 75 racing and when I reached over 160 mph all I thought were the tires. Not to place a spoke in your att a boy,, but atta boy,, great tuning and a run. All 4. Congrats.

OP
Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Much appreciated Hickster and I hear you. We are still running the original Dodge TPMS valves, in fact I put them back in as not all TPMS valves are warranted to very high speed. Liam told me about that. Something I had not thought of. The Toyo R888R's have a 186mph plus speed rating. It is the reason why I did not go with Nitto 555G2's which I run on my Lightning

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just in the back of my little er brain since I had a friend 5 years ago. Coming off the Skyway Bridge at 6 am, no traffic, water and cool air, perfect for the new ZR1 to come down the stretch hill hitting 180. Blew a tire and all left was the cage. Him and the rest of the car destroyed. Cage didn't help a bit when the tire blew. All ways in the front lobe of my pee wee brain.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Congrats! That’s awesome.
any idea what your 1/2mi is on that setup?

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Great job!

OP
Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Congrats! That’s awesome.
any idea what your 1/2mi is on that setup?
No idea I am afraid. My 0-100 time was my best at 7.2. The 1/4 was 11.4 on the gauge

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
If you have seen some of my other threads you will know I have just finally got around to tuning the hellcat.
Litens 2.85. Demon Injectors. 180 stat.
My good friend and tech Liam had a nightmare getting the pulley off during the week but he managed it.
We had booked Josh of HHP to carry out a remote tune yesterday. Josh supplied the start up tune of course.
9am your time. 2pm my time.
What a headache. The dyno shops PC crashed and took a while to sort out.
The internet connection was abysmal and kept dropping in and out.
That made it a nightmare to send the logs to Josh and then upload them once he emailed them back.
The Diablosport Trinity can take and age to talk to the car every time you switch it off.
I really thought we were never going to get it done.
Got back home after grabbing some dinner I emailed Vmax 200 as they had an event today.
I got real lucky as they had a cancellation just 10 minutes after I emailed them.
I only got 4 runs in as I had to leave early. But I achieved my goal. 200.66mph. Two runs in the 200mph. 1.2 mile runway to the speed beam. No burnouts. Awesome job, very pleased :):):)
They gave me a good number again
View attachment 22804

Average mpg prior to a run
View attachment 22805
Then after a run.
View attachment 22806
There was a big mixture of cars there. All sorts of stuff. Must get a better phone mount as it shakes about at high speed. Apologies for that. On the 4th run I kept going a little way after the brake point just to get that 200mph in the saved top speed. Had to be done. That would be about 205/6mph. Awesome :):):)
View attachment 22807
Killed it. Awesome. Don't worry about the shaky mount - software can smooth that out easily. Talk about a perfect storm of opportunity and being ready. Congratulations.

Anything else in the same price range run as fast?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did they rib you about having an American car?

OP
Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Killed it. Awesome. Don't worry about the shaky mount - software can smooth that out easily. Talk about a perfect storm of opportunity and being ready. Congratulations.
Anything else in the same price range run as fast?
There were some very quick late M5's there but they are 4 wheel drive. I will post up the results when I get them.
Did they rib you about having an American car?
No. I did not speak to many people as I don't know anyone. Pretty much everyone there will know what a Hellcat is and everyone loves the fact it looks like an old school muscle car. You hear the comments of people walking by. A guy I do know runs a modded 997 Turbo S. His wifes runs a stock 991 Turbo S cabriolet. They both agree along with their children it is the meanest looking car there on the day. They absolutely love it :)

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Surprised. I thought most Europeans, especially that crowd (high end porches, Bmw's, etc) would think that's an overdone, bawdy American car. You did represent well and show these cars are not posers. Thank you.

OP
Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
Surprised. I thought most Europeans, especially that crowd (high end porches, Bmw's, etc) would think that's an overdone, bawdy American car. You did represent well and show these cars are not posers. Thank you.
That is a good point. No one came over to chat with me except for the guy in an Aventador S that I beat on my 2nd run. His words were. Bloody hell that car is quick. Most of the guys running at the big end were either tuners or customers of the tuners. So they would not want to talk to me. I'm not going to spend any money with them. Plus which I did not initially realize is that apart from a couple of Mclaren 720S's and an Aventador SVJ that were a touch quicker they were all running race gas or ethanol. I was on pump gas with a 93 tune.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
There is the element of intimidation that played a role. As for the "he's not going to spend money at my place I'm not going to talk with him" I think that's complete BS. I'm all for competition (and making money) but I'm also about the passion for cars and speed. And sharing that with like minded folks. I'm not interested in dealing with schmucks that are only in it for the money.