Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

10.06 new PB stock boost

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I haven't been posting much anywhere but I have still been at the track. Unfortunately mother nature seams to have forgotten what the weather is supposed to be like up here. Making it hard to try to improve times. I have been stuck at 10.10 -10.20 for most of the fall. Which has not been fall like weather.

Yesterday morning the weather looked good but only early. Then the weather would turn to crap. Yaya I know a bunch of you would love
-400 DA. Up here that is normal for sometime in September not the end of October.

Yesterday I took the car out for my usual warm up drive. It didn't warm up nearly as quickly as it was about 30f out. Then I loaded up and went to the track. Once there I ran down the 1/8 mile track to warm up the car again. After 4 runs at moderate throttle to get the car to warm up more. I lined up first in line waiting for the go ahead. Once we got the ok to run I had to walk over and put water down. Then line up and do my usual.
Off I go and the boards show 1.46 so the 60' is good. Then 6.45 is the next I noticed which meant the 1/8 was great and I new this was going to be good. So I come back around and line up again as now everything is properly warm. I do my thing and due to a bunch of street cars ran after me I lined up off to the side. The little test hop was ok so I should be good
NOPE, spun bad so I let out and cruised down the track. So I screwed up and put myself to far over into the new glue and due to the cold it might as well have been water. So I screwed up a likely better pass than the first.🤦💩
I park at look at the slip. Holy crap a new PB. 10.064 . Then the weather warmed up and DA climbed so the car ran a little slower every attempt afterwards.
Hopefully I get another shot at improving and maybe see a 9 sec pass on stock boost this year.
I will ask the track owners to keep the street tire guys off the prepped lane until I get back around and make my second hit.
That second pass could have been interesting if that was the case yesterday.

Attachments

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Why don't you do a private track rental so that you can test under event conditions?

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Why don't you do a private track rental so that you can test under event conditions?
I did go in on one last week. But as usual the weather was not what you would expect. Much warmer and DA wasn't great.
Unfortunately for me the prep king at the track and his brother are going to Maryland to race. So this week is out. The weekend coming may be warm again and or rain. Maybe Sunday will work. After that they go by weather.
To rent the track here isn't easy even in season. Here $250 is apparently too much for a rental. The rental is $2500 for the day with radial prep. This late in the year most cars are put away. Last Friday it was a race series from up here that rented the track to test for Maryland. I was the only other that joined in and I was the tenth car.

So unfortunately it isn't that easy.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Congrats!
I have been able to get a back to back passes at the FAST race and I will pick up .05 or more. I was waiting for the lanes to go empty after they drug the track and went up. I make my pass and get back to the starting line and there are 2 pair ahead of me and they are stopped because they are spraying the track. I'm thinking you just drug it why didn't you do that then so I went back to the pits, 2nd pass was ruined

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Congrats!
I have been able to get a back to back passes at the FAST race and I will pick up .05 or more. I was waiting for the lanes to go empty after they drug the track and went up. I make my pass and get back to the starting line and there are 2 pair ahead of me and they are stopped because they are spraying the track. I'm thinking you just drug it why didn't you do that then so I went back to the pits, 2nd pass was ruined
Thanks and Congrats to you too btw. 😎
I try to do that when the weather is great for new PB's. My car is also quicker the second pass. A couple of years ago when it was stock it ran 10.40 then came back and ran 10.37. it did that 3 times that day.
Unfortunately yesterday by noon I was walking around in a T-shirt. So there was no hope to improve.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Congratulations!!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Good stuff to read, Jim. Congrats!

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Taking the passenger seat out would be about all you need

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Taking the passenger seat out would be about all you need
So you keep telling me.😂😂
I don't think you know how stubborn I can be.
The fact that I'm actually thinking I may have to do that means you are getting through 😂😂

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Congrats man!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Nice run! I'd love to know what mine would run in that kind of air.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
-400 would be nice. We would have been there last Friday if they would have started by 10:30 instead of 11:30 which was 0 da. 0 was about the best we had this year. My best pass from Friday was 500 da

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
-400 would be nice. We would have been there last Friday if they would have started by 10:30 instead of 11:30 which was 0 da. 0 was about the best we had this year. My best pass from Friday was 500 da
We'll usually get some negative DA here in January or February every year.
Many times the track will lose heat and it becomes sketchy.
Like what happened at Bradenton last Jan and they had to stop the event when people started hitting the wall.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah it's hard chasing weather. Stars have to align around here so a cool day, low breeze and sunny to heat the track up. Then I have to hope they'll prep on a TNT :rolleyes:

A "good" weather day here is 500DA. I'm usually at 1500 - 2000.

When people add their times to the fast lists I think DA should be a mandatory metric as it matters more than people think. I'm told every 1,000 feet of DA costs .1 in ET.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Yeah it's hard chasing weather. Stars have to align around here so a cool day, low breeze and sunny to heat the track up. Then I have to hope they'll prep on a TNT :rolleyes:

A "good" weather day here is 500DA. I'm usually at 1500 - 2000.

When people add their times to the fast lists I think DA should be a mandatory metric as it matters more than people think. I'm told every 1,000 feet of DA costs .1 in ET.
It really affects the mph too!

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
Thanks Speedy.
Unfortunately the weather changed quick and we had a slight head wind. The track usually gets a tail wind.
A couple of weeks ago I was trapping 138mph.
If I had not over thought it at the line I would have likely run quicker on the second pass.
My third pass 20 min later the DA was 200' higher and 25 min after that another 200'.
Then my last pass was -650.
So I went home as I'm shooting for a number at this point.
This spring the car went 10.07 in -1420&-1350' so I'm hoping I can run quicker.
Simon ran a 10.04 in his blue car tuned for race gas before he went E85. So if I can match that on a street tune I will be happy.
I possibly could have on my second pass if I didn't over think it and try to go offline.🤦

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If the stars align you may hit a high 9.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats @moparjim !
You da man !

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #20
If the stars align you may hit a high 9.
That is the plan but the stars have gone to crap here. I was hoping Sunday was going to be the day maybe. Now the forecast is for a high of 70f. The low will be warmer than the high was supposed to be.
If I'm really lucky I might get a chance the weekend after. Last year they were open until Nov 20 but that was the first time in 46 years they were open that late.
I was joking with the owner on Sat that we would be at the track on Christmas. 😂