Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

18+ cars w/schrader DIY Fuel Drain

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I was seriously considering the HHP kit with the relay bypass switch and hose for Drag Week use but after handling charges and tax we were looking at 75 bucks shipped. A little harsh.

Found the relay for 18 bucks shipped. The schrader on the 18+ cars is the same size as the common AC gauge set hoses. Had a set with a busted low side gauge so we stole the yellow hose off it (you can use any of the 3) and threaded it right up.

Ignition on...and would you look at that! Fuel starts rolling into the can.

New hose sets are on Amazon for anywhere from 16ish for 36" hoses thru 25ish for 60" lines (full set) and the relay is 9036-1 small spade. IPA sells for 14.50ish plus shipping. A savings of 30 bucks or more depending on if you already have a hose to steal or not.

You don't even "need" the relay...just a jumper wire like the OST kit for non-schrader cars.

Now I have a quick & easy way to swap fuels during the week. I think my last big issue is laptop securement.

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I was seriously considering the HHP kit with the relay bypass switch and hose for Drag Week use but after handling charges and tax we were looking at 75 bucks shipped. A little harsh.

Found the relay for 18 bucks shipped. The schrader on the 18+ cars is the same size as the common AC gauge set hoses. Had a set with a busted low side gauge so we stole the yellow hose off it (you can use any of the 3) and threaded it right up.

Ignition on...and would you look at that! Fuel starts rolling into the can.

New hose sets are on Amazon for anywhere from 16ish for 36" hoses thru 25ish for 60" lines (full set) and the relay is 9630-1 small spade. IPA sells for 14.50ish plus shipping. A savings of 30 bucks or more depending on if you already have a hose to steal or not.

You don't even "need" the relay...just a jumper wire like the OST kit for non-schrader cars.

Now I have a quick & easy way to swap fuels during the week. I think my last big issue is laptop securement.
Are you doing HRDW this year?

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Are you doing HRDW this year?
Yessir. Planning to be in darlington first thing Sunday morning the 17th for tech & testing.

I am switching classes however. I plan to run street machine eliminator which is the 10.0 index with smallest weekly spread.

I never was able.to get the the track to get my license this year so no sub 9.99's - car is consistent 10.4's on the flex tune & 2.95 pulley and consistent 10.1's (dumping boost at the top end) with the E85 tune and the 2.5 so I can attack it two ways. I want to try to make one more T&T before darlington to play around with which setup will work best.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yessir. Planning to be in darlington first thing Sunday morning the 17th for tech & testing.

I am switching classes however. I plan to run street machine eliminator which is the 10.0 index with smallest weekly spread.

I never was able.to get the the track to get my license this year so no sub 9.99's - car is consistent 10.4's on the flex tune & 2.95 pulley and consistent 10.1's (dumping boost at the top end) with the E85 tune and the 2.5 so I can attack it two ways. I want to try to make one more T&T before darlington to play around with which setup will work best.
We're going as spectators so we'll see you there. What color is your Charger?

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
We're going as spectators so we'll see you there. What color is your Charger?
Plum Crazy on Forgestar D5 beadlocks. I anticipate being the only PCP car there (I usually am the only charger period locally lol)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Plum Crazy on Forgestar D5 beadlocks. I anticipate being the only PCP car there (I usually am the only charger period locally lol)
Probably. There were 2-3 at Sick Week.
How did you get in?

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Probably. There were 2-3 at Sick Week.
How did you get in?
Sheer luck. I did the entry on my phone and didn't even have an alarm set. They took a few minutes to sell out this year vs RMRW and Sick that sell out in seconds.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Sheer luck. I did the entry on my phone and didn't even have an alarm set. They took a few minutes to sell out this year vs RMRW and Sick that sell out in seconds.
I never get any kind of notice about it and we attend a few other of their events each year.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I just ordered this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402706529485

If I understand correctly, I can fit this to the fuel Schrader and attach a hose. I plan to disassemble a fuse for its contacts and make a fuel pump switch. Hey, I have said many times I'm CHEAP!

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
I just ordered this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402706529485

If I understand correctly, I can fit this to the fuel Schrader and attach a hose. I plan to disassemble a fuse for its contacts and make a fuel pump switch. Hey, I have said many times I'm CHEAP!
You might want to reconsider/cancel that order. I believe the Ford rails use a different size/thread. Essentially ours are 4an - same as GM.

Grab a hose off an old set of AC Service gauges. Same fitting. No adapter needed. That's what I did. Or otherwise make sure any adapter you grab specifies Mopar/GM/4an/etc.

Last edited: