Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2.4Ghz Wireless Switch

Trader history for Diboblo (1)

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Need to get switched power into the engine compartment, or trunk and dont want to run tons of wires to do it?

Well, now you can.

I've put together a completely wireless 2.4Ghz switch package that supports up to four simultaneous zones.

The transmitter sends to a wireless receiver coupled to a 10 amp relay package.

Press your momentary switch once and the relay stays energized until you hit the switch, again. It's pretty slick.

The transmitter is as small as a Saauegia dollar and takes direct 12 volts. Two passive wires are the used to trigger the transmitter, via a momentary switch, of your choice.

The receiver/relay package is housed in a waterproof box, takes 12 volts for power and has two relay leads to work with (COM and NO). This configuration allows you to hook a 12 volt direct source to the COM wire and out to your load (such as an under hood light, smoke screen, oil slick, death ray, etc.), via the NO wire. NOTE: you can hook up any source to the NO wire, or even a data signal source.

Turn time is about 2 weeks, right now... as I am building to suit. If there is demand, I will stock up on parts, to support the community.

Cost: $100, for one single zone package. Free shipping within the CONUS.

Additional zones are +$25.

Let's mod!

Bob
Riverside, California

OP
Diboblo

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Thread Starter #2
Just sold a kit, with paddle mod.

This one's going to be a fog light switch. Owner installed a 2015 SRT wheel in a 2010 Charger. Since the paddles are just for looks, he asked if I could help him out. I modified the left paddle, to work with my kit.

This is what we came up with:

The box contains a wifi receiver, power supply and relay. It's wired to constant hot, and the relay wires can be connected up to a 10 amp load. The relay is wired in an NO configuration.

Works like a champ. I'll try to get a short video, after installation.

I'll have to do more testing, but it looks like I can modify the paddle for four different nodes (the 3 radio control buttons and the 1 paddle switch).

Bob
Riverside, California

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US