Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Cold Air Intake

2020 Indigo

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vista
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Why can I not seem to find a cold air intake for a 2020 Charger?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Any of them that work for a 17+ will work for a 20

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Any of them that work for a 17+ will work for a 20
Not 100% on that. I believe they changed the valve cover breather to intake tube hookup. It now runs through a solenoid ('18-'19 change I believe) and the intake tube hookup is not just an elbow/breather tube that's pushed in. Its impossible to get it apart/out. The CIA will physically fit but your going to have to run your valve cover or solenoid to open air (meaning cut off the tubes from solenoid to valve cover and put on breather) instead of back to the intake in front of throttle body. So this means you'll have the CAI with a breather on the motor but still have all the solenoid junk hanging around doing nothing instead of running pressure/vapors from the engine back into the intake stream. It can be done but it's just not a pop in deal and the extra evap/emissions stuff is just something extra in the mix. @Hunter had problems with this awhile back. Maybe he can chime in.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Not 100% on that. I believe they changed the valve cover breather to intake tube hookup. It now runs through a solenoid ('18-'19 change I believe) and the intake tube hookup is not just an elbow/breather tube that's pushed in. Its impossible to get it apart/out. The CIA will physically fit but your going to have to run your valve cover or solenoid to open air (meaning cut off the tubes from solenoid to valve cover and put on breather) instead of back to the intake in front of throttle body. So this means you'll have the CAI with a breather on the motor but still have all the solenoid junk hanging around doing nothing instead of running pressure/vapors from the engine back into the intake stream. It can be done but it's just not a pop in deal and the extra evap/emissions stuff is just something extra in the mix. @Hunter had problems with this awhile back. Maybe he can chime in.
With the aFe Power CAI they include an adapter for this. C5876F48-D48A-4C6F-AED4-1D6959E761DD.jpeg

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Yours is a '17. The valve cover tube goes straight from the valve cover to the elbow on the intake, correct? No solenoids or evap stuff in between right.
Correct Sir

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
With the aFe Power CAI they include an adapter for this. View attachment 48039
This is why I said that. There should be adaptors for different years so they work. I have noticed some have that thing on the shock tower and other don't. Can't believe they made so many changes

I also noticed they may make 3 different stock air box lids. There is a 15-16 for mass air then one without it then I saw another that had a barb for a tube like the 5.7/6.4 cars have for the valve cover tube just in a different place

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
19+ have that emissions solenoid. 15-17 have a maf so different intake tube. 18+ have speed density so a different tube. The AFE comes with the hose and fittings for the 19+ emission junk..

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
15-16 mass air I believe it changed in 17

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The AFE comes with the hose and fittings for the 19+ emission junk..
That whole fu^&**! solenoid on the tower with the tubes and wires running to it drives me crazy. It just looks like a clutter of sh*& to me. I wish someone would make a 'jumper' so we could plug it into the solenoid harness and tuck it away behind the motor and ditch the whole ugly mess. It really is an eye sore when you pop the hood. Did I say, I HATE THAT FU^&**! THING?!!!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't know if the new chargers come with the same CAI that the new challengers come with.
Got any pics of your Charger stock intake?