Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Lineup Across the Board (all makes) Doesn’t Excite

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hell, my wife's DSRT was more than my HC...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Trackhawk at 100k is overpriced...
Maybe so, but if it's $100K it's by choice. Spending an extra $12 on options over base price doesn't make it any faster or quicker.
Slower, heavier, and more complex, yes.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The answer is a hard no. I dont care what comes out, a Demon 2, a new Cuda, supercharged 426, - don't care, not spending $100k for a toy. I’m sure I’m in the minority but new and exciting wont sway me. The Demon wouldve been the one and even that didnt.
But, then why were you so convinced new special models were coming? Are we living vicariously through other people's poor financial decisions? Because that's what these "improvements" represent... somebody is on the hook for it.

And with all the unsold HCs and THs and Power Dollars it is obvious FCA misread the market. As did Chevy and to some extent Ford. The target market isn't paying that kind of coin... and it's not like you are coming in with $100K dreams and settling for an $80K compromise. $100K car people aren't buying a Dodge, 700+hp or not.

But, yeah - $50-60K is achievable for some. Thanks Power Dollars!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
But, then why were you so convinced new special models were coming? Are we living vicariously through other people's poor financial decisions? Because that's what these "improvements" represent... somebody is on the hook for it.
Oh in my mind they're coming regardless. FCA will definitely do something big to end the ICE age. I’m just not a buyer in the $100k range no matter what they bring.
The answer to your question is yes. Ive lived the Demon life here vicariously through the people who jumped onto the hook and if it’s another 90-100k Dodge, I’ll do it again lol.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Oh in my mind they're coming regardless. FCA will definitely do something big to end the ICE age. I’m just not a buyer in the $100k range no matter what they bring.
The answer to your question is yes. Ive lived the Demon life here vicariously through the people who jumped onto the hook and if it’s another 90-100k Dodge, I’ll do it again lol.
I secretly want Dodge to blow the roof off the muscle car world again too.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I secretly want Dodge to blow the roof off the muscle car world again too.
I'm not sure a convertible version would look good.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Maybe so, but if it's $100K it's by choice. Spending an extra $12 on options over base price doesn't make it any faster or quicker.
Slower, heavier, and more complex, yes.
x5M on a dinan factory tune goes neck and neck with a trackhawk and has stuff like hud, massaging seats, have you seen their instrument cluster? it's amazing. Luxury wins at 100k, an x5M is probably a good 10k-15k more but at that point you are the top end of your budget. I think you can afford it Jimmy and bonus points it's a bmw so people just think it's fancy and don't know what it can do, sleeper lol. But yeah it's all what you want and like, some prefer the higher mod-ability of the hc platform.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
x5M on a dinan factory tune goes neck and neck with a trackhawk and has stuff like hud, massaging seats, have you seen their instrument cluster? it's amazing. Luxury wins at 100k, an x5M is probably a good 10k-15k more but at that point you are the top end of your budget. I think you can afford it Jimmy and bonus points it's a bmw so people just think it's fancy and don't know what it can do, sleeper lol. But yeah it's all what you want and like, some prefer the higher mod-ability of the hc platform.
Sorry, 2pac, but I think the BMtroubleyous have gone ugly lately. Aside from that, I'd pay extra not to have massaging seats and such.

Actually, I couldn't care much less about luxury. That may be one reason I like the pedestrian looking Trackhawk; it's basically a Grand Cherokee with a bitchin' engine to me. Unfortunately even they do come with stuff that I don't like, mostly the adaptive cruise and its ugly "bulb" in the grille.

Now, an HUD display could be a good or bad thing. Bad for me, because with one I would definitely know how fast I'm going..

Yeah, I remember seeing a photo of a convert Challenger, and I prefer the coupe. Guess I've had far too many convertibles to care for them anymore. Both in real life and, for the most part, from a design standpoint.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Sorry, 2pac, but I think the BMtroubleyous have gone ugly lately. Aside from that, I'd pay extra not to have massaging seats and such.

Actually, I couldn't care much less about luxury. That may be one reason I like the pedestrian looking Trackhawk; it's basically a Grand Cherokee with a bitchin' engine to me. Unfortunately even they do come with stuff that I don't like, mostly the adaptive cruise and its ugly "bulb" in the grille.

Now, an HUD display could be a good or bad thing. Bad for me, because with one I would definitely know how fast I'm going..

Yeah, I remember seeing a photo of a convert Challenger, and I prefer the coupe. Guess I've had far too many convertibles to care for them anymore. Both in real life and, for the most part, from a design standpoint.
Fair point, those massive grille's lol but it hasn't hit the x5 or 5 series yet. I think the fisheye is ugly, ford did it best by hiding it in the front bumper. Also German cars out of warranty = $$$$ so yeah thats why I lease Haha.

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #31
Not me. I recently got rid of four fun cars, and a trailer, but still have far too many. But that didn't stop me from ordering a Trackhawk.
Why? Because I've never had a Grand Cherokee, and one with a blower can't be all bad.
The Trackhawk just might be my favorite Hellcat platform. Only bummer is the price tag, it’s out of my reach. I love them, just can’t afford one.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Until the warranty runs out and everythings starts leaking and burning oil.

Hard pass.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Until the warranty runs out and everythings starts leaking and burning oil.

Hard pass.
or the supercharger bearing goes bad..... all these performance cars have issues, which is why I prefer leasing to purchasing on these cars.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Fair point, those massive grille's lol but it hasn't hit the x5 or 5 series yet. I think the fisheye is ugly, ford did it best by hiding it in the front bumper. Also German cars out of warranty = $$$$ so yeah thats why I lease Haha.
If I were smart, and needed a small 'wagon, the Porsche Macan Turbo wouldn't be a bad choice.
With 434 hp and weighing about 1,000 lbs. less than the 'Hawk, it's no slouch. It's also less expensive.

But I'm not smart, and don't need a little 'wagon, so the Trackhawk becomes the "logical" choice.
Besides, my girlfriend has had Macans since they came out, so while they are very nice, handle great, and are quite likeable (I think, after having gotten used to how the front looks) I'd never buy one of those.
Not when I can drive hers whenever I want to.

Oh, and we don't have front license plates, but I may have to put one on the Trackhawk, to hide that ugly fish eye.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
or the supercharger bearing goes bad..... all these performance cars have issues, which is why I prefer leasing to purchasing on these cars.
Far fewer bad bearings than BMW‘s that end up dumping oil and burning oil. I’ll take my chances on the supercharger. Leasing a German car is the only way imo. No fear of owning my Hellcat outside of the warranty really. A bad supercharger which isnt exactly an epidemic anyway wouldnt bother me as much as knowing my BMW engine needs an overhaul.

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If I were smart, and needed a small 'wagon, the Porsche Macan Turbo wouldn't be a bad choice.
With 434 hp and weighing about 1,000 lbs. less than the 'Hawk, it's no slouch. It's also less expensive.

But I'm not smart, and don't need a little 'wagon, so the Trackhawk becomes the "logical" choice.
Besides, my girlfriend has had Macans since they came out, so while they are very nice, handle great, and are quite likeable (I think, after having gotten used to how the front looks) I'd never buy one of those.
Not when I can drive hers whenever I want to.

Oh, and we don't have front license plates, but I may have to put one on the Trackhawk, to hide that ugly fish eye.
the cayenne turbo s is no joke alas it's 150k+, I can think of far better ways to spend 150k lol. macans are a bit small for my taste the trackhawk is no comparison in terms of backseat space.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Far fewer bad bearings than BMW‘s that end up dumping oil and burning oil. I’ll take my chances on the supercharger. Leasing a German car is the only way imo. No fear of owning my Hellcat outside of the warranty really. A bad supercharger which isnt exactly an epidemic anyway wouldnt bother me as much as knowing my BMW engine needs an overhaul.
that's true, my point was all of these performance cars get expensive if something goes wrong, german cars and italian cars seem to be the worst offenders because of how far advanced they are in terms of tech over their american counterparts. As far advanced as the german cars are they make it up with lack of reliability/costly repairs, I don't think anybody can disagree with that.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
macans are a bit small for my taste the trackhawk is no comparison in terms of backseat space.
Funny that you mention the back seat. Last night I was wondering how hard it'll be to remove the back seat.

Since the 'Hawk has two doors too many, it'll likely be easier than it was on the '13 Golf R I had. It was thankfully a 2-door (looks and weight), but unfortunately a 2-door (harder to remove the seat).

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Funny that you mention the back seat. Last night I was wondering how hard it'll be to remove the back seat.

Since the 'Hawk has two doors too many, it'll likely be easier than it was on the '13 Golf R I had. It was thankfully a 2-door (looks and weight), but unfortunately a 2-door (harder to remove the seat).
looking for some weight reduction? yeah suv seats are fairly easy to remove, also you have a big 5th door in the back, probably easier to move the seats out of the tailgate than the actual doors.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
ou say the Challenger/Charger look dated? I say they look timeless.
B
I
N
G
O

The type who says they look dated, does he think the shape of a woman's body is out of date?

Some beauty is timeless. But, then, maybe some guys just don't like women's bodies, either...:D