Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 ordering available.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
But if youve been following PLMCRZY's config trees over the years, they are also the top selling color, hence the over abundance of them.
But buyers can only buy what is made ;) We are a minority on the forums who actually want to order a car to spec most of the time. Most of these black cars are pre-spec builds by Dodge handed out to dealers.

I am also very surprised Torred is not more popular.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Throw that 6k 50th pxg.on a shaker scat pack and you are almost 60k and could get a 19MY Hellcat with PD rebate. If I were spending 60k it would be a Hellcat.
And don't forget, there are plenty of HCs n REs traded in for Scats. Too much for some.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
But buyers can only buy what is made ;) We are a minority on the forums who actually want to order a car to spec most of the time. Most of these black cars are pre-spec builds by Dodge handed out to dealers.

I am also very surprised Torred is not more popular.
I sell used cars and red is by far the least popular. I avoid buying anything red when buying for the business.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I sell used cars and red is by far the least popular. I avoid buying anything red when buying for the business.
for normal cars sure, but for these special cars I would think more people would want to stand out. Maybe it's just me in my 20s I guess.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
See post in the Wiki regarding MY19 production...
WOW!!!
I was on target. Only 600 narrow body REs. Dodge needs to just put the 1320/Demon suspension package as an option in that car. I think they could sell a few of them and not hurt the investment cars

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Still incomplete order system as far as options. No 3:09 gear for RedEye and the Hood pins on the wide body Hellcat.I see some local dealers have some 2020's in transit.Power Dollars ends Jan.2

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
A Corvette C8 is not a Challenger and really do not think it will eat into Challenger sales.Just a different car all together. IMO
Well Charger WB Redeye was to be my next acquisition ...didn't happen...what did happen was the C8..and I should have it by mid may...I will be 67 in March...Im not waitin for FCA to figure it out

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Well Charger WB Redeye was to be my next acquisition ...didn't happen...what did happen was the C8..and I should have it by mid may...I will be 67 in March...Im not waitin for FCA to figure it out
How can you be comparing a Charger 4-dr to a Corvette. That getting in and out of a low to the ground Corvette will get old quick.Please tell us what you think after 6 months of owning it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
How can you be comparing a Charger 4-dr to a Corvette. That getting in and out of a low to the ground Corvette will get old quick.Please tell us what you think after 6 months of owning it.
Actually believe it or not..getting in and out is easier than the C7...(I had the opportunity to drive the new C8 a few weeks back)..and since the charger or the C8 will not be a DD..it wont be an issue..as far as comparisons..there both fast (if FCA made one)...cool as hell..fun..thats the only comparisons that matter to me

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Actually believe it or not..getting in and out is easier than the C7...(I had the opportunity to drive the new C8 a few weeks back)..and since the charger or the C8 will not be a DD..it wont be an issue..as far as comparisons..there both fast (if FCA made one)...cool as hell..fun..thats the only comparisons that matter to me
for what it's worth the charger wb looks like the michelin man version of the normal charger and the c8 looks like a bonafide supercar. Easy choice for a non dd imo.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That's true...but i'm a mopar guy to the bone...the charger would have been driven a lot...the C8..regardless of what people think of the styling..(I love it) is an unbelievable car to drive..it felt like putting on a comfy pair of slippers..and make no mistake..its FAST..and unlike my Demon or Hellcat..feels like its on rails..totally different driving experience..

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
That's true...but i'm a mopar guy to the bone...the charger would have been driven a lot...the C8..regardless of what people think of the styling..(I love it) is an unbelievable car to drive..it felt like putting on a comfy pair of slippers..and make no mistake..its FAST..and unlike my Demon or Hellcat..feels like its on rails..totally different driving experience..
I'll take functionality over looks all day on a daily driver, but if it's an extra car you want that bit of flash.

For a dd I'm a big fan of the german muscle cars but with winter not being so bad in the current area I live in getting away with a rwd car is possible, hence the charger hellcat and widebody works great,( looks weird from certain angles like side and rear side, love how aggressive the front is on the wb though.) I'm not brand loyal at all, I think ford makes the best trucks (ram is close), I like the corvette as a sort of american supercar and the hellcats are the best gt(grand touring) type of cars meaning you can cruise in em and mash em in a straight line.