Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Dakota

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have the new issue of Motortrend and there was a story on future cars and they mentioned a 2021 Ram Dakota. This is the first I have heard about it. Maybe old news but about time

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I have the new issue of Motortrend and there was a story on future cars and they mentioned a 2021 Ram Dakota. This is the first I have heard about it. Maybe old news but about time
Hell Yeah , with a HC engine would be cool ?

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I think they'd be stupid not to make a Dakota alongside the Gladiator. Sales of the Gladiator have fallen off some and if they make it more of a 'real' useful midsize truck then it should be a winner.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hell Yeah , with a HC engine would be cool ?
Even a 6.4L would be cool.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Ford brought the ranger back, toyota has the Tacoma, and gm has its midsize trucks too. I think it would be a good idea, save the hc engine for the ram trx and give it the 392 engine, the ranger doesn't get the high output ecoboost, the tacoma doesn't get the 5.7, and the midsize gm twins don't get the 6.2.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burnsville
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I always liked the Dakota trucks but the problem then was there was just no real or big price point difference between the Dakota and the Ram. They didn't sell a lot of them because of that and I'm sure that's a big reason you don't see a lot of Colorado or GMC Canyon midsized trucks on the road. For me if the mid size is as or nearly as $$ as the full size trucks with bigger payload, towing and interior space im buying full size. Price out a Colorado and your right at full size Silverado money in a heartbeat.....

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I personally feel they will not introduce this, at least not with any high power output options for a while. I think they may be afraid they'll cannibalize full size sales. Until things are more settled I would not expect major product line moves; but then I've been wrong before.