Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 DRAG PAK

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
That four-link suspension is quite impressive.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
They should've been offering that 'drag pack' suspension as an option from day one.(Or standard). 95% of the Challenger/ Hellcat guys are all about straight line. (Unless your just nuts @DGatzby . :LOL:). I don't see what IS so amazing about this. That's standard race car/ hot rod tech for YEARS. Four link, solid axle, no exhaust, etc. What'd they just discover this? And six figures? We built'm way cheaper than that. Now I feel like I got all this fancy suspension for nutt'n because there was no choice and they go and build one correctly right out of the box.:confused:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
They should've been offering that 'drag pack' suspension as an option from day one.(Or standard). 95% of the Challenger/ Hellcat guys are all about straight line. (Unless your just nuts @DGatzby . :LOL:). I don't see what IS so amazing about this. That's standard race car/ hot rod tech for YEARS. Four link, solid axle, no exhaust, etc. What'd they just discover this? And six figures? We built'm way cheaper than that. Now I feel like I got all this fancy suspension for nutt'n because there was no choice and they go and build one correctly right out of the box.:confused:
. I don’t think you’re seeing everything that’s involved with this. The entire underside of the car is reconfigured. There is a crossmember that is welded into the floor and a 7.5 second cert cage is tied into that. The cage itself is a part of support that the 4-link is attached to. You can’t weld the suspension attachment points onto the sheet metal. It would rip itself out of the car. The drive shaft tunnel is cut out and raised in the rear and the entire center of the floor behind the rear seat is removed and replaced with sheet metal to give the differential space to move. Also... you can see in the pictures there is no gas tank under the car. The 4-link uses that space. The fuel tank is now a cell in the trunk. That requires a metal firewall between the interior of the trunk and inside of the car. The seat delete doesn’t qualify. We are actually in the process of doing this to one of the shop Hellcats. It’s a huge job but if you want 1.1 sixty foot performance this is where that starts. B20F1B0F-01F4-499A-8E85-6C5D3761F304.jpeg

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Here’s a picture of some of the floor work being done on a Hellcat to install the Drag Pak 4-link D4A8BE49-A5C7-49D3-82F7-ECB57EAEC54B.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Here’s a picture of some of the floor work being done on a Hellcat to install the Drag Pak 4-link View attachment 24109
It was mostly said tongue in cheek. I know a certified chassis costs money. My point is instead of Dodge building an 'American' muscle car on an existing German luxury car chassis built for just that ,luxury and handling, they should of went solid axle and four link or some such suspension (trailing arms with torque arm, ladder bar 3 link, etc.)and sold it as a hot rod, period. I think the % of sales lost would be minimal. Anyone in a Hellcat is looking for HP, acceleration, and image (meaning the look of the car). 99% of races don't take place on a mountain pass or road course, it's straight highway or light to light. Now we have to use differential braces, frame lockout, diff lockout, stronger and adjustable arms , more toe,less toe, positive/negative camber etc,etc. With four link, or 3 link ladder bar, solid axle, set it and forget it. They could've made a much more stable and stronger drag car for less than six figures mass produced( albeit not 6 second certified) but much more usable and sturdy for the average street or 1/4 mile drag hero. Hell, NASCAR did 200+ on solid axle also.:)

OP
Felt

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
Thread Starter #7
The ice tank/chiller lines to that 3.0 Whipple blower are pretty big, or maybe that is normal size but they look heavy duty anyway.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle