Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Remember the stories of the Superbirds that sat at dealerships for years, history may repeat itself

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Remember the stories of the Superbirds that sat at dealerships for years, history may repeat itself

Possibly, but for very different reasons...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Possibly, but for very different reasons...
oh yes different reasons, same out come. I could build a few Hellcats that would be faster for less money then what will be asked. 1 dealership wants $400k for a Black Ghost, this will be more

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
"Event marks the end of one era — the last of the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger in their current HEMI®-engine-powered forms"

:unsure:

Some type of doublespeak going on here, so they have an out when they realize they've misjudged the EV market demand.

Surprise!, limited all new "First Edition Hemi's ... "

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
These 2023 cars will be for a very few individuals. As far as I’m concerned 2022 was the last model year for the masses. I will never own an ev. I have been a Mopar fanatic for sixty years and now it’s over. Fuck Dodge and fuck Stellantis. Somewhere down the road you folks will realize what we have lost due to the pussification of the country.

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #7
"Event marks the end of one era — the last of the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger in their current HEMI®-engine-powered forms"

:unsure:

Some type of doublespeak going on here, so they have an out when they realize they've misjudged the EV market demand.

Surprise!, limited all new "First Edition Hemi's ... "
With any luck the market will prove to them performance cars need to be offered on two flavors. I have no problem with them adding power up front with electric if done right. Only if they put good ICE power to the back and doesn’t loose the connection and driving experience we all enjoy. Hope your right and they have a way out, to back pedal and offer it up.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
oh yes different reasons, same out come. I could build a few Hellcats that would be faster for less money then what will be asked. 1 dealership wants $400k for a Black Ghost, this will be more
Nobody's spendin 400k for a Black Ghost...no way...
These 2023 cars will be for a very few individuals. As far as I’m concerned 2022 was the last model year for the masses. I will never own an ev. I have been a Mopar fanatic for sixty years and now it’s over. Fuck Dodge and fuck Stellantis. Somewhere down the road you folks will realize what we have lost due to the pussification of the country.
With all due respect...I 'm sure there are many of us on here that don't have to go down any road to figure that out...what's alarming is those on here that don't agree with you..and don't see it as problematic...and trust me...we got em here

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #9
I will continue to enjoy what I have of MOPAR be it the RE, or 60s cars. Hope we don’t have another 30 year drought I won’t be around for it. So I will enjoy what I have.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I will continue to enjoy what I have of MOPAR be it the RE, or 60s cars. Hope we don’t have another 30 year drought I won’t be around for it. So I will enjoy what I have.
Well be thankful you had two times @ bat...(as did I)...alot on here did not...;););)

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #11
Very, very Grateful and thankful for what I have. Busted my ass for it all just like you and others here. Doesn’t mean I have to like the direction we are going. It dose piss me off that the small batch of #7 to made, (shit sounds like a special blend from
Jack Daniele’s) will go mostly to people that just want the flip profit or not enjoy it for what it is, put it in their living room on display. Yep I might even do that once I have sliding patio doors that open wide like a dealership, but sure as shit it would be driven enjoyed, appreciated.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I was looking at the order form for the COPO Camaro. There's a question in there that asks, are you going to race it or are you a collector. This is part of the decision process by Chevy before they will build 1 for you.

Dodge should do this but never will.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Is #7 electric?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
So, it took Dodge 115 or so years to make the ultimate muscle car. It took Tesla about 15 or so years before they came out with the Plaid, now Stellantis will build the fastest EV ever made at their first time at bat. No wonder why people believe in global warming, everybody is a winner, 146 genders, orange man bad, blah, blah, etc. After boomers, X, Y, Z, A, millennial, zinennial, will be Gen S, for “suckers”. Again, sometimes I’m glad I’m old.

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
They can keep #7 and stick it where the sun don’t shine for all I care!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Dodge didn't build muscle cars for all of those 60 years. In the 80s and 90s you may have had something from the 60s. In 2030 you could have something from the late 2000 teens or early 20s. None of us are happy they are ending but that doesn't mean we still can't have something to enjoy

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Dodge didn't build muscle cars for all of those 60 years. In the 80s and 90s you may have had something from the 60s. In 2030 you could have something from the late 2000 teens or early 20s. None of us are happy they are ending but that doesn't mean we still can't have something to enjoy
True. There was ebb and flow in the production of high performance cars from Mopar over the years. In those times, like now, it was caused primarily by government regulation of the auto industry. Ie: from 1972 till the early 2000s. Most of the manufacturers by then figured out how to build ultra high performance cars and still meet the stringent environmental standards. 1971Demon and I and a few other older folks here were fortunate enough to have lived through both muscle car eras. My first new car was a 1968 Dart two door post with a 383 and four speed. A year after my army discharge.
Every once in a while I need to vent my frustration about the current situation. I wonder what the Dodge brothers would do in these circumstances. Stellantis, being a European company, has no idea how we as "muscle car" diehards feel about their total surrender to the evironmentalists.
Ford and Chevy are carrying on somewhat with V8 ICE engines and the super cars will be around with high performance cars. In my opinion Dodge/Stellantis threw in the towel.
I will certainly enjoy my Hellcat and am looking for a 1970 Challenger R/T 440 six pack with a four speed. I paid $3966 for my first one new. Probably will pay a little more than that today.
[/QUOTE]

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well, I know these cars are getting expensive, but don't forget the first law of physics......

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I plan to tune in just to see how badly they can get f&@#ed.