Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

$92K USED standard body/low optioned Challenger Hellcat for sale locally...!

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
https://www.chapmandcjryumaaz.com/u...allenger-568e52600a0e0a93040fecafac2ee17b.htm

I found this mildly amusing, you may or may not, especially if you're local or otherwise looking to buy.

This is the exact car I ordered from this dealer, put a deposit on and eventually walked after the salesman/dealership started acting cute when I asked questions. I was concerned about MSRP increases, ADM (this was at PEAK stupidity last year) and other reasonable questions that had me concerned after hearing horror stories from other folks, along the lines of, "hey the car you ordered is in, here's why we can't sell it to you for what's on the purchase order..." It's relatively low optioned (especially compared to the one I ended up buying from Koon's) but when it came in a couple of months ago my salesman called to tell me that my car was in...and I actually considered buying it anyway but didn't wanna tie up full MSRP, which is what they were asking, at $80, 200.

I told my salesman that I wasn't interested, making sure to wait until after the weekend was over (it showed up first thing Friday morning) so they'd be stuck with it for at least that long. :ROFLMAO: I checked the website and it was several weeks before it was offered for sale, no doubt they were calling around trying to see who they could gouge for it, but they finally ended up listing it for the window sticker price; $80,200. Made sense to me...

It wasn't listed for long (less than 2 weeks maybe?) before it disappeared. That was until yesterday, when a friend of mine texted me a photo and asked me if that was the car I ordered. It sure looked like it and I checked the VIN and sure enough it was, except now it has almost 1K miles on it and by some miracle, its MSRP has gone from $80,200 to $91,989...but don't worry, they're discounting it $11,998 for a "sale" price of $79,991.

So anyone interested in "saving" $209 on a previously titled/used, standard body/low optioned Challenger Hellcat...here's your chance! :p $92K used Hellcat.png

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I was going to say that it has no options.

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
I ordered it very basic with standard stereo, black painted hood, Brass Monkey wheels and blackout package and the plus/convenience packages with black calipers. The one I ended up buying from Koon's is loaded in comparison, I just get a kick out of the math gymnastics and how they're figuring it's MSRP is now magically $92K...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I ordered it very basic with standard stereo, black painted hood, Brass Monkey wheels and blackout package and the plus/convenience packages with black calipers. The one I ended up buying from Koon's is loaded in comparison, I just get a kick out of the math gymnastics and how they're figuring it's MSRP is now magically $92K...
Figures don't lie but liars figure.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
For the life of me I can’t understand why a manufacturer or dealership would antagonize their client base, especially in the midst of changing a major platform, if it backfires on them they can only blame themselves. Probably shouldn’t have used (backfires) we all know electric cars can’t back fire unless they have engineered that into the canned Fratzonic software sound package.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For the life of me I can’t understand why a manufacturer or dealership would antagonize their client base, especially in the midst of changing a major platform, if it backfires on them they can only blame themselves. Probably shouldn’t have used (backfires) we all know electric cars can’t back fire unless they have engineered that into the canned Fratzonic software sound package.
Dealers are very unsure about their future so they're trying to make as much as they can right now.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hellcats have a lot of stuff standard. Besides radio what else would you want?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Heated/cooling seats I thought were standard. I don't see the cooling on there just the heated

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Heated/cooling seats I thought were standard. I don't see the cooling on there just the heated
Challengers have less standard equipment than the Chargers.

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Hellcats have a lot of stuff standard. Besides radio what else would you want?
This is the one I built to order so I obviously optioned it the way I wanted to at the time, the one I ended up getting from Koon's had the HK stereo "upgrade" (which is HOT garbage...but anyway), sunroof (which I REALLY didn't want...but anyway again...), Laguna leather and painted (orange) calipers...which look SICK in my opinion.

By NOT buying this one and buying through Koon's, and taking into account the $1600 I spent to have it shipped my relatively loaded smoke show I saved nearly $4K (which also includes not have to pay the local/city tax, I only had to pay AZ state sales tax).

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
This is the one I built to order so I obviously optioned it the way I wanted to at the time, the one I ended up getting from Koon's had the HK stereo "upgrade" (which is HOT garbage...but anyway), sunroof (which I REALLY didn't want...but anyway again...), Laguna leather and painted (orange) calipers...which look SICK in my opinion.

By NOT buying this one and buying through Koon's, and taking into account the $1600 I spent to have it shipped my relatively loaded smoke show I saved nearly $4K (which also includes not have to pay the local/city tax, I only had to pay AZ state sales tax).
The only thing on your list I would want is the HK stereo which you ended up upgrading so you didn't need it. Our Challenger has the Alpine and that is hot garbage and way better then what my 13 mustang had. I don't care for the smooth leather or sunroof

I still will say my HK sounds great in my TAXI. The Beats sounded great in the Daytona also

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The only thing on your list I would want is the HK stereo which you ended up upgrading so you didn't need it. Our Challenger has the Alpine and that is hot garbage and way better then what my 13 mustang had. I don't care for the smooth leather or sunroof

I still will say my HK sounds great in my TAXI. The Beats sounded great in the Daytona also
I don't know what the deal is with the sounds in the Challenger. Real crap. Charger is so much better and the Ram is the best of all. They're all standard systems.

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13

I didn't order a stereo with this build because I figured I'd save the $2K and be able to build out a MUCH better stereo for the same, or likely less, money. I had the choice of several different new Hellcats when I bought mine from Koon's and I'm more than happy with the one that I ended up getting...

It's worth noting that this same dealer is getting ZERO Hellcat allocations for MY '23 so this one was literally the only new Hellcat they've gotten in quite some time. They had a used one that I test drove late last summer that was a steaming pile of shit. '16 M6 (which was awesome of course, but anyway...) with 45K miles that at some point had the seats swapped out...with R/T seats. I got in a nearly heated argument with the same scumbag salesman that they were NOT the factory seats and were missing the "S". I Googled interior pictures of that exact car and showed him and he shrugged it off. CarFax showed it was a factory buyback for a laundry list of issues so I HARD passed on that one.

Speaking of handshakers, they have a '16 M6 GoMango with 40K miles for an undisclosed price...I thought I saw it priced @ $65K which wouldn't surprise me, since it's also the window sticker price. CarFax shows SIX owners apparently. There's no pictures on the dealer website, but TrueCar is showing pictures that were definitely taken there. It's a widebody...? I'm perplexed because neither the window sticker or the way I read the buildsheet reflect that...

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/2C3CDZC92GH335562/2016-dodge-challenger/

The market is definitely starting to cool off and there are deals to be made...these guys haven't gotten the memo and are just looking to gouge for everything they can get...some may call it capitalism, but in a small town I call it a non-sustainable business model...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
The WB wasn’t an option in 2016. I believe it began with the 2018 Demons???

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
The WB wasn’t an option in 2016. I believe it began with the 2018 Demons???
That's what I thought but the pictures clearly show that it's a widebody...given the factory buyback they tried to pass off and the fact they're not getting any MY 23 Hellcats, this 6 owner apparent widebody should be priced by them accordingly...I can't wait to see what they want for it...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Maybe they slapped the fender flares on there to jack up the price 🤷🏼‍♂️

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Cloth seats get heat only. Cloth is a deal breaker for me. $70k+ with rental car seats? Nope.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
92K is just nuts

Member ID
Reactions
City
greenville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Sounds like this dealership lost allocation because they don't know how to sell Hellcats. I'm sure this will be traded to another dealership and discounted for real.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO