Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

A Really Nice One!

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
It's not winning any beauty contests, that's for sure.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Unfortunately, it's the horrible wheel choice that throws the whole thing off. The carbon fiber is drab, but then to pick an even more subtle wheel ruins it for me.

They started with a Charger Pursuit, which didn't come with orange valve covers. Then they bought a Demon engine, which didn't come with orange valve covers, and then they ended up with the normal orange valve covers we'd expect to see under the hood of a Charger Hellcat - interesting choice. It also has a Hellcat hood and badge, though none of the rest of the car is Hellcat - none of it.

They have a Legmaker rain shield over the charge pipe - for no apparent reason other than a marketing opportunity? Show off the pipe!

And is the wastegate always vented to the atmosphere or does that also have a cut-out which would have it flow through the Magnaflow exhaust? An open wastegate is louder than the exhaust coming out of that turbo.

It's a badass ride regardless... but while we're nit-picking :)

Also, the center console looks unfinished.

And lastly - why is Gearhead the only one turbo'ing these cars?

OP
jroyk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Thread Starter #5
Not excited about the looks, either. Performance has got to be amazing, though.

Rumor has it Kevin Hart wants to buy it. [biggrin]

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
It's reveals like this that are truly educating. It's also disheartening. I mean it doesn't matter WHAT YOU GOT, soon and very soon someone, some co., or some manufacturer will produce something way ahead. And with a push of a button. In the old days you could build a car that could be at the front or ahead of the curve for production models and even most aftermarket special additions. It would take a team of special engineers a lot of time and a lot of money to do R and D and get to the next level. Years in production and development. It wouldn't pay for a company to do it even though they could. Now it's just a CAD design and CNC development away. Hit a button....done. Next day, tah dah...new thing is hear. Over simplification to make a point but now more than ever you just gotta say at some point " eh, I'm happy with what I got, or your never gonna be".
Just my 02.