Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AAD Drag Pack Alignment Results

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
How bad is it? I have a habit of overdoing cars and making them uncomfortable to drive.
You for sure will not enjoy your back if you live in a state like MD with a lot of potholes.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
You for sure will not enjoy your back if you live in a state like MD with a lot of potholes.
Not sure which you have but hopefully the GeForce are better if I spend the extra 💰

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Bmr
Not sure which you have but hopefully the GeForce are better if I spend the extra 💰

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
In my experience BMR = noisy.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The only real benefit to the BMR is ease of install for those concerned with dropping the cradle all the way out. It only has to come down a little bit one side at a time.

If it wasn't for that and the fact I'd be having to do this on my garage floor and not having a competent shop to properly align the cradle (because I will screw that up) I'd do the new GeForce stuff. Or whiteline. If available.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hey @DGatzby I saw on the interwebs you had installed the whiteline cradle bushings years ago. What did you think of them? Gforce has some now but are out until mid april and are a lot more money. I'm not a bmr fan so don't want those

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
another option to getting bushings out without dropping cradle

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Hey @DGatzby I saw on the interwebs you had installed the whiteline cradle bushings years ago. What did you think of them? Gforce has some now but are out until mid april and are a lot more money. I'm not a bmr fan so don't want those
Bought them again for the Redeye if that tells ya anything. Really think they ride better and don’t allow any noise or anything thru. Darn I want to drive that thing soon. It has been too long. A guy from the other place is going to allow me to drive his Sunday in FL! He is having a problem with darting and says it is aligned. So I’m in for an opinion drive:sneaky:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Bought them again for the Redeye if that tells ya anything. Really think they ride better and don’t allow any noise or anything thru. Darn I want to drive that thing soon. It has been too long. A guy from the other place is going to allow me to drive his Sunday in FL! He is having a problem with darting and says it is aligned. So I’m in for an opinion drive:sneaky:
Did you install them?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did you install them?
Nope, took the easy way out, and paid my favorite dealer. Those guys have been so good to me, I would be dumb to not share with them. They dropped the cradle to the floor, put the bushings in, replaced the control arms and did an alignment. A reasonable charge is nearly a days work for a man for all of that including putting it back down and driving it away.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Nope, took the easy way out, and paid my favorite dealer. Those guys have been so good to me, I would be dumb to not share with them. They dropped the cradle to the floor, put the bushings in, replaced the control arms and did an alignment. A reasonable charge is nearly a days work for a man for all of that including putting it back down and driving it away.
I like to do everything I can, I like the challenge sometimes. I see so many things online where people said it was really hard then it wasn't. I have had some that were though. I been pulling cars apart from little things to pulling the engine out and tearing it apart with no lifts or air tools for over 30 years. Changed a head gasket in a parking lot when it blew on the dyno 300 miles away and I had to drive the car home. Plus it saves money:)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I like to do everything I can, I like the challenge sometimes. I see so many things online where people said it was really hard then it wasn't. I have had some that were though. I been pulling cars apart from little things to pulling the engine out and tearing it apart with no lifts or air tools for over 30 years. Changed a head gasket in a parking lot when it blew on the dyno 300 miles away and I had to drive the car home. Plus it saves money:)
It don’t sound too bad. Getting the original bushings off is the worst part of it. I love working on it, but doing that exercise 24” off the floor would not be fun.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It don’t sound too bad. Getting the original bushings off is the worst part of it. I love working on it, but doing that exercise 24” off the floor would not be fun.
We will find out:)

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #54
I talked to Mike from OST last week. They've done a lot of testing on their shop Hellcat and his advice for a street driven car was to do the AAD drag pack and cradle lockout bushings and that's it. He said when they went further on their shop car the ride suffered and they're actually thinking of putting the other stock parts back in it.

I don't have the cradle lockout so I'm considering that, but that's one project I'll just drop the car off and have someone do. Dropping the cradle wasn't that big of a deal but cutting those bushing out and installing the new ones looks like a big PITA.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I talked to Mike from OST last week. They've done a lot of testing on their shop Hellcat and his advice for a street driven car was to do the AAD drag pack and cradle lockout bushings and that's it. He said when they went further on their shop car the ride suffered and they're actually thinking of putting the other stock parts back in it.

I don't have the cradle lockout so I'm considering that, but that's one project I'll just drop the car off and have someone do. Dropping the cradle wasn't that big of a deal but cutting those bushing out and installing the new ones looks like a big PITA.
What would be further then arms and bushings?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #56
Shocks, springs, diff bushings.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Shocks, springs, diff bushings.
Shocks and springs were not even on my mind being I don't want to lower the car and like my shocks being adjustable. Drags springs normally ride soft