Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

About the Stock Tune 9.504

Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Allow me to introduce myself. I didn't know about this forum (my apologies) I am a sporadic member of the other forum but haven't really followed since all the changes. My forum name is STX Demon, My full name is Nephtali Garibay, I go by Tali. My plates read QTRPNDR lol. I barely realized the thread going on about my run. Thank you members for the kind words and opinions. All are valued.

When I purchased my Demon I immediately knew what I wanted to do with the car. Maximinize what the factory had given me and exploit the age old drag racer's balance of power to weight ratio. Though Dodge did what it could to "lighten" it up I knew there was plenty to be had. I after all own a body shop and am very familiar with the deepest corners of these cars. I decided to hold off from my goal since I was one of the first to receive a Demon (Dec. 17, 2017) and of the few who were actually racing them. I decided to be part of the stock record experiment. I actively participated and though I couldnt fully overcome the engineered advantages of the one seat cars I gladly went toe to toe with them. In the inaugural Legion of Demons Event I managed a 9.74 @ 138.86. Second quickest overall. Not bad and I was always happy for the winners and everyone who participated.

2019 was a very busy and stressful year for me professionally and my car just sat and never really got the track until the Houston event in Oct for the LSMF event. 96 degree heat, +1800 DA, probably weighed about 4270 with me in it (I really don't remember) it was all last minute and I got a best of 10.10 If I remember correctly. Last part of the year my busy schedule continued and the car just sat. I begin getting notifications for the next LOD event and I really wasn't feeling it and was fine sitting it out. I even lied to BeeHappy (sorry) when he called me to make sure I was going. It took a few other calls from other fellow racers to finally convince me to go and upon the suggestion of others I renewed my quest to go bare bones and find out what the Demon on stock tune could do. Feeling real confident with my setup I realized I hadn't done as much as I thought car weighed 4195lbs. LOL. Yeah some were more obvious and others go to lengths of hiding it better but I know what I see when I see it. I decided I had to go for the jugular to be in the same ball park. After all that's the racer in all or most of us. Well I didn't just own a shop from birth I built it up with my own bare hands and went to work when we were blessed with a rain day and I took advantage of the idle time to further refine my setup. The extra time also gave me the time needed to learn more about the blending of the fuels that was being experimented by others for some time but was completely new to me. I had some of the ingredients just was clueless to the ratios and I struggled with that ALL weekend. Some members were very helpful on the topic but understandably so they kept some data to themselves. Hey I get it. Some pretended not to know what I was talking about when it was apparent they did. To each his own. I get it too.

How did I do it.
The car was setup with the now tried and true Billet Specialties 17 inch Drag Pack setup fitted with M/T tires. Stock 840 PCM, and I decided to try out the AFE carbon fiber CAI even though I didn't really anticipate any possible improvements from the OE design. but I figured what the heck. I took the OE CAI along as well. My initial weight was 4195lbs with me in it and I did manage to get a 9.64 @ 137.30 as I stated I was fumbling through the fuel mixes and it reflected in my MPH almost all weekend. I knew I was on the right track for my goal. By Sunday I had realized I was the only one of the quicker cars still running a sway bar so I removed that and a few interior panels. That got me into the middle high 9.5x's Then I went ape shit and removed all carpet and rear panels which ultimately netted me the 9.504 @ 141.39. After I had hit the 9.504 the DA was fading fast so I decided to reinstall the factory CAI and continued to mix fuel eventually fading back to pure Sunoco GT. In those runs my car was running between 9.7's- low 9.6's and still managed a 9.57 & 9.58. My biggest limiting factor at that point was really not knowing what I was doing with the fuels and it running lean on some of those runs. As some have stated before I've never been shy about what I was doing and have never claimed the Factory Stock Record since I started pulling stuff off. I have always been vocal about my goal since I bought the car was to remove as much as i could without tuning or really adding performance parts. (The CAI is still questionable about it's actual gain) What my car actually weighed on the record run I have chosen to keep to myself. Can I get it to run into the 40's hell yeah. I chose to do this because I figure 840 hp is plenty, what can I do with it?, secondly it comes easy to me given my expertise. I understand some don't agree and some love what I did. To each his own. I respect what everyone does with THEIR OWN CAR. Last I saw it was my name on the title and my signature on the check :)

Ron Silva: We began talking early on in the other forum and met in NOLA. I had a great time racing with you there and in the inaugural LOD event and LSMF. I've always been happy for you every time you've taken the wins even the rounds or basic match ups. You've been an inspiration to many and I applaud your efforts and continue to do so. Since we first met I voiced my intentions and my reluctance to wait to go full lightweight. I've always been very straight forward with you and even communicated to you personally when I disagree with you or do not like something you did. Your comments on this forum and others are part of the reason I decided to register and make this post. I rather talk to you personally but since you've chosen the sites that you know I typically don't exist in to vent your disagreement with my actions and furthermore use your position of presence to misrepresent what I and others are doing, I too will use this stage to share my thoughts. Ron you've always had your unique pattern of parking far away from most others at events, for reasons only you know. You've always been the biggest voice about racing these cars within factory stock setup and as delivered to obviously maintain your weight advantage. Yet does Factory Stock mean an array of lightweight wheel/ tire diameter combo's, creating devices to trick information sensors to aid in PCM's timing/fuel control (as you've described to me), removal of front sway bar, titanium lug nuts, 9lb battery. Again it's YOUR CAR. I'm happy for you, but don't try to misrepresent me and others. When we went after the low e.t.'s we weren't chasing the factory stock record. That had already been done! Do not be upset cause your car gave you grief that weekend. That is not my fault. Sorry Ron but you could've just talked to me. I'll always greet you with a smile and a handshake. I'm cool so long as we're being honest.

In case somebody wants to see the timeslip here it is. See how this year lays out for me but I will definitely be shooting for a 9.4x's as soon as I have the opportunity but good DA is hard to come by in SouthTexas. Sorry for the long post. I promise I don't normally do this. Look forward to sharing with everyone here.

60123162930__C11AC292-6A37-411D-AAA6-3D9DBC204B33.JPG

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Congrats Again Tali!

WTG!! I liked the fact you posted up what you have been doing to reach your goals!

Hope to see you sometime again racing!

Linda :)

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
AMAZING POST!

I appreciate your honesty about gutting the car. So many are trying to claim they broke the factory record in these cars with a stock or 99.98% stock setup and I just dont think they're being honest with everyone. For the Demon owners that never or rarely ever track their cars, they just eat it up that the car will go even quicker than the factory record which 99% of Demon owners cant even get close to, they really just dont know any better or choose to believe a fantasy.

Congrats on your run regardless of your goal.

OP
STX Demon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #4
Congrats Again Tali!

WTG!! I liked the fact you posted up what you have been doing to reach your goals!

Hope to see you sometime again racing!

Linda :)
Thanks Linda! Great to hear from you again.

OP
STX Demon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #5
AMAZING POST!

I appreciate your honesty about gutting the car. So many are trying to claim they broke the factory record in these cars with a stock or 99.98% stock setup and I just dont think they're being honest with everyone. For the Demon owners that never or rarely ever track their cars, they just eat it up that the car will go even quicker than the factory record which 99% of Demon owners cant even get close to, they really just dont know any better or choose to believe a fantasy.

Congrats on your run regardless of your goal.
I believe it can be done. The fact that I achieved a 9.64 at 90lbs under the unofficial weight of 4280. Tells me it can probably be done, but it will need hundreds of passes and ungodly track prep, perfect weather. I don't have the budget nor the patience. I got a 9.74 at the 4280 weight. Not too far off after 250 passes. I question the validity of the 4280 number that seems to have been pulled from thin air. I'm not convinced Dodge used a car that weighed that much. I feel comfortable saying that after nearly 450 passes and seeing what little weight removal does to achieve the 9.65 number. Some have done it. As for Dodge We unfortunately have never seen any video, pictures or documentation to support the 4280 number for that record run. I will say this. whether it's practice or simply the cars learning. The Demon without a doubt gets quicker with every pass.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yep, I've questioned for some time if the factory record was in a 100% off the showroom floor vehicle. Let's be honest, even if the car was tweaked just slightly through tuning, we would never know. There was just so much at stake from a marketing standpoint, a little cheating would be hard to resist.

Last edited:
OP
STX Demon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #7
Furthermore, as far as the Legion of Demons organizations, Of the stock tune cars it was only 3 cars that had interior panels removed. Most owners do not dare, understandably so.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Hi Tali,

It was nice to meet you in Houston at the LOD event and it's really nice to have you present publicly exactly what you did to accomplish the 9.50. It's a great milestone for these cars and it'll be fun watching the chase for the .40's.

And for the record I really like this: "To each his own. I respect what everyone does with THEIR OWN CAR. Last I saw it was my name on the title and my signature on the check :)". That's quite possibly the best statement I've read regarding anything related to what any one person chooses to do with their car.

Hopefully we'll run into each other at another event somewhere along the way.

Bo

OP
STX Demon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #9
Hi Tali,

It was nice to meet you in Houston at the LOD event and it's really nice to have you present publicly exactly what you did to accomplish the 9.50. It's a great milestone for these cars and it'll be fun watching the chase for the .40's.

And for the record I really like this: "To each his own. I respect what everyone does with THEIR OWN CAR. Last I saw it was my name on the title and my signature on the check :)". That's quite possibly the best statement I've read regarding anything related to what any one person chooses to do with their car.

Hopefully we'll run into each other at another event somewhere along the way.

Bo
Hey Bo! Thanks and it was great meeting you as well. Enjoy your Redeye and look forward to next time.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Awesome post @STX Demon by the way I’m David (hellno) and that 9.50 is damn impressive but I eat demons for breakfast and my DEVILCAT takes them back to hell where they belong , so if your ever at a track and I’m there be for warned Im going to drag that ass 😂😂😂

Ps I’m just messing with ya!!!

OP
STX Demon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #11
Awesome post @STX Demon by the way I’m David (hellno) and that 9.50 is damn impressive but I eat demons for breakfast and my DEVILCAT takes them back to hell where they belong , so if your ever at a track and I’m there be for warned Im going to drag that ass 😂😂😂

Ps I’m just messing with ya!!!
LOL,
Looks like a helluva setup there!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Fantastic post. I'm totally going for 9.50s now in my modded Hellcat. The MPH is there and I appreciate your detailed candor. Please put ChallengerFest in April on your event list so I can shake your hand.

OP
STX Demon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #13
Fantastic post. I'm totally going for 9.50s now in my modded Hellcat. The MPH is there and I appreciate your detailed candor. Please put ChallengerFest in April on your event list so I can shake your hand.
Thanks! Where is ChallengerFest?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Bowling Green, Ky - www.ChallengerFest.net has details

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Speedy’s got the bug 😂

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cokeburg
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye
That was awesome reading thankyou for sharing the excitement.,

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cokeburg
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye
Speedy I hope I can make the bowling green event and get a chance to meet you, Thanks for sharing a ton of helpful information

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150
Congrats on the run.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
4,125lbs Dodge Demon on Factory skinnys

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Ron Silva: We began talking early on in the other forum and met in NOLA. I had a great time racing with you there and in the inaugural LOD event and LSMF. I've always been happy for you every time you've taken the wins even the rounds or basic match ups. You've been an inspiration to many and I applaud your efforts and continue to do so. Since we first met I voiced my intentions and my reluctance to wait to go full lightweight. I've always been very straight forward with you and even communicated to you personally when I disagree with you or do not like something you did. Your comments on this forum and others are part of the reason I decided to register and make this post. I rather talk to you personally but since you've chosen the sites that you know I typically don't exist in to vent your disagreement with my actions and furthermore use your position of presence to misrepresent what I and others are doing, I too will use this stage to share my thoughts. Ron you've always had your unique pattern of parking far away from most others at events, for reasons only you know. You've always been the biggest voice about racing these cars within factory stock setup and as delivered to obviously maintain your weight advantage. Yet does Factory Stock mean an array of lightweight wheel/ tire diameter combo's, creating devices to trick information sensors to aid in PCM's timing/fuel control (as you've described to me), removal of front sway bar, titanium lug nuts, 9lb battery. Again it's YOUR CAR. I'm happy for you, but don't try to misrepresent me and others. When we went after the low e.t.'s we weren't chasing the factory stock record. That had already been done! Do not be upset cause your car gave you grief that weekend. That is not my fault. Sorry Ron but you could've just talked to me. I'll always greet you with a smile and a handshake. I'm cool so long as we're being honest.
I had already posted a nice response and then I went back and re read this and it kind of pissed me off because so much of it is untrue. So I deleted that other post and will respond here.

I only posted hints of what was going on and I accomplished exactly what I wanted. Now everybody knows how those times were accomplished by Nephtali and Catherine is pretty much the same. My own feelings on that issue are moot. Now Nephtali posted details EXCEPT chose to keep his final weight a secret. Interesting. Nothing I posted about this year’s Legion event is untrue. I challenge you to find something and post it here.

I do not pit all by myself. That is nonsense. I may not end up pitting with you but that is just coincidence. This is complete nonsense. If anything it is the other way around. How come you did not pit with me at the Lone Star Mopar Fest? Well? Maybe there are legitimate reasons other than labeling some a lone wolf.

My Battery is in fact 13.9 pounds.

I have NEVER said we should race these cars with the factory stock setup to have a one seat advantage. I have ALWAYS said the others should be able to pull their seats etc to make their cars weigh the same as mine. Always. I do not race my car factory stock so why would I expect you or anyone else to do that?

My car has never even made ONE pass on stock wheels. I have had aftermarket wheels since day one. I have NEVER proposed a Demon should run Factory Stock Wheels etc. This is so in sane I almost can't believe it.

"Creating devices to trick information sensors to aid in PCM's timing/fuel control ". This is slander. Create devices? A hair dryer? I think someone else designed that, sorry. And, it has NOTHING to do with timing or fuel control. I recently posted that you were not a liar but I guess I might be wrong, or maybe you just cannot remember what was said and choose to create your own story to, again, slander me. If anyone wants the real story here, just ask me.

Yes I literally just removed my Sway bar for this event because I heard that Catherine had hers off to get the 9.71. But yours is off, so why is that an issue? You can and she can but I can’t? Hmmmm.

Yes I have tried different wheels and tires. But had pretty much the same shit as you at the Legions event. Dang Dude you are so hypocritical. Of course light weight wheels and tires are the FIRST thing I changed on the car and it is no secret. Just walk up to the car or look at a pic or video. I even sold ALL my stock wheels/tires and will never look back. Also, not a secret. Yes I have tried a lot of stuff because technology is changing and new stuff is coming out. Also totally normal and not a secret.

I am upset mostly at myself because my car was not working right. I almost never have issues. I was on a new back tire that I had no experience with and since I went to Extreme Raceway Park and made some passes I was running low on fuel and had to use something else that I had no experience with. Add that to the Hiccups and it was misleading me. The car did put up a string of good passes Monday Afternoon with conditions and fuel that were not optimal. So I think it is fixed. But it does not have anything to do with you and Catherine going faster than me. You two were quite a bit lighter than me and so I expect you to be faster. It's basic physics and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. I think they call it power to weight ratio. But it does not make you a better driver or show that you are smarter about making more power etc. It just means you unbolted some shit. I do know ONE THING that give me solace. When we were running together at a resent event where we "had to weigh the same", I was quite a bit faster. Same for my buddy Walter. Just a bit of info for those that have read this far down.

Let’s face it none of us can even say “Stock Power Record”. Mixing fuel forbids this or putting on an aftermarket intake etc. Now it’s the “stock tune record” and might as well say stock PCM/TCM tune to clarify. Also to all the unimpressed, running a 9.50 with a car that is comfortable and can drive across country on 91 octane with AC and cruise Control and Navigation and great stereo is hard to do for an individual or a mass produced factory. So congrats to FCA and the Demon and all of us Owners / Racers.