Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Advice / help with new paint concerns

Member ID
Reactions
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Durango SRT
Hey y’all,

2 Durango family here, just picked up a brand new 2020 SRT, have had a 2017 GT for a few years. I may be a little bit OCD (I think a few of us are) but these is like my 4th and 5th children.

I am already seeing some paint concerns on the SRT I wanted to get the advice of the forum on. They were hard accurately catch on camera but I did the best I could. They are a little like almost tiny pimples or blackheads on the car is the best way I can describe them.

I am quite confused to what is causing them because I use the same exact routine in the GT for years now and I haven’t seen a single one on the GT ever. Same car wash (Autobell ride thru only), same after wash routine (Maguires quick detailer, occasional quick wax every 90 days or so).

it has been about 1700 miles now and I already have found 2 of them. anybody run into anything similar or I can enlighten me to something I might be doing to cause them??

Thanks and through this together on mobile sorry if any typos
-Mike

Attachments

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
What did your Dodge dealer say when you showed them?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
...can enlighten me to something I might be doing to cause them??

-Mike

Are you completely certain they weren't there to begin with?

I found a spot on my HC after I owned it for months, but once I found it, it was pretty clear to me that it had been there all along (it hasn't changed one bit in over 5 years).

If you find you can't live with them, regardless of when, how they occurred. You're going to have to decide between warranty work via the Dealership (ugg...) or paying for it out of your own pocket at your favorite body shop.

Personally, as much as I hate that spot, I'd much rather live with it as it is than going through the invasive process of fixing it. I'd watch them like a hawk for any changes (corrosion growing) and then make a decision then.

Only my .02

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Had the same issues with my wife’s new R/T Blacktop Durango. It was on the hood and rear quarters. Took it back to to dealership for paint correction. Than we had the front clip clear bra and the entire vehicle ceramic coated. Looks like glass now.

195F0281-710F-4305-B15B-180B88C4A634.jpeg F94C600F-C9A7-4676-8BAE-135D29C4F531.jpeg 50E5C93E-5BC3-4F66-97BE-2FC6D8541BE2.jpeg