Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

After 2 weeks of serious nail biting...Today I finally joined the D170 owner ranks!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Regardless I’m super excited for you a truly hope you get it as promised!!
I would have sold my SS and taken a $5k adm deal on a Demon 170 in a heartbeat also!
I'm confident that it will come to pass...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
It's the new CAFE fuel standards that go into affect on 1 Jan 2024, not their desire to build or not.
While that is a key driver, I think they are also watching the demand curves - the response to their F-150 Lightning and long waiting lists for people who want that and other EVs is the other big driver. EV is now mainstream, like it or not. If people did not want these cars, there's no way they'd be buying them. I'm not saying they're good, or better than ICE, or whatever, but I am saying a significant portion of the buying public, including those with 5 and 6 figure vehicle budgets, are interested in these rides, and the manufacturers are going to meet that need.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
the government is forcing these POS into the marketplace, and the sheeples are doing what they are told for the most part.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
While that is a key driver, I think they are also watching the demand curves - the response to their F-150 Lightning and long waiting lists for people who want that and other EVs is the other big driver. EV is now mainstream, like it or not. If people did not want these cars, there's no way they'd be buying them. I'm not saying they're good, or better than ICE, or whatever, but I am saying a significant portion of the buying public, including those with 5 and 6 figure vehicle budgets, are interested in these rides, and the manufacturers are going to meet that need.
Look at all the appliance cars on the road as it is.
I ran across some people today talking about fuel mileage now that 87 is just under $4/gallon around here.
Sensible car people.

These people would ditch their gas appliance for an electric in a heartbeat.

Hell, even my new neighbor has an electric riding mower because she hated trying to start it every spring :rolleyes:

The EVs are coming because of the promise of convenience

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
...and then watch what happens to the electrical power supply and the cost...total control and shutdown is the aim