Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

All Electric

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Be lucky if the power grid is there. Unless the feds fork out a few trillion even then electric isn't magic. Every house would need windmills and solar. IDK if they know this but Michigan hasn't seen the sun today.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Yes, it does make me sick. I don't understand the point of putting all your eggs in one basket. Still don't understand how they're going to have charging stations available in masses in the Urban areas any time in the next decade or more.

Why can't there be options...let the market decide. Methinks the Dodge division (and perhaps Jeep/Ram; even those are money makers) will be eventually sold off. I don't think most of the CJDR crowd will only enjoy an option of an EV.

They're following the iphone model...sell you a product that has a limited life span by slowing the older software models or depleting your battery life out so that you have to buy a new one every few years. Will the average Joe be able to afford a new car, with zero equity, every 5 years?

I keep trolling Dodge on their Instagram page.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am on the soap box again and hate to say again. Being working on power houses since the 70's have seen the destroying of fossel fuel plants and nuke plants the past 15 years. Obama's and Alexanders leg a sea to do so. They hate coal miners. But the info structure of this country is no where near to do what they want to destroy.Wind mills from China, solar panels that don't last 10 years, power plants run from natural gas that is produced from Russia and China. The power lines, trans formers, trnasfer switch gear stations are 60 years old. A set up for disaster. Time for veggie sandwich. I grow my own veggies but not power.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
This is disgusting. Where id Europe getting their power from?? Russia whom is building 2 of the largest pipe lines in the world to power the U6's needs to do this. Our administration is sitting back knowing we have all the natural gas reserves to take over the market of the oil industry, but. Sit on it and purchase the oil from Doo By and freeze to death. Whom descided that the covid 19 was not a chemicial war fare tactic?? Sticking my head back in the toliet. No heat on yet. Sorry.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Chrysler will be all electric. Is that really a big deal? No other Stella brand is promised to be 100% electric by 2028 (although there will be some battery powered vehicles for sure). Chrysler only has the soon to be dead 300, and the Pacifica minivan (already available as a plug-in hybrid). So they add the new electric Airflow and convert Pacifica to all battery. Tada! 100% electric Chrysler brand! ...and if it doesn't work out, they just close down the brand and move on (which has been rumored for a long time anyway).

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Chrysler is practically dead.
Let them build high end EVs and go for it.

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
The mandates are real and the greens are perfectly content to fuck everyone up the ass. They have an extreme power shortage in the EU and the stupid fucks are shutting down coal and nuclear power plants regardless.

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
Chrysler has the ancient 300 and a minivan. Does anybody care what they plan to do?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Chrysler has the ancient 300 and a minivan. Does anybody care what they plan to do?
Exactly my point.

Although my kid's old soccer coach bought his wife a Pacifica Hybrid. Loves that thing. At the time he put like 2 tanks of gas in it in 3 months.

They have their niche. Hell an EV cruiser for the wife sounds great to me. But its a 3rd or 4th car for me deal.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The mandates are real and the greens are perfectly content to fuck everyone up the ass. They have an extreme power shortage in the EU and the stupid fucks are shutting down coal and nuclear power plants regardless.
Kinda gives new meaning to the term....Dark Ages:unsure: