Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Alpine Sound System

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat RedEye
My 2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat RedEye was a custom build. I chose, intentionally, not to purchase the Harmon Hardon sound system, since my experience with two other FCA products using the base sound system was more than adequate. I am finding that the Challenger Alpine base sound system is completely lacking in bass tones and sounds a bit "tinning". Of course I have tried to adjust the audio settings but my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee base sound system is far superior. Interested in other members' experiences and any tips.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This is why the HK is the better choice. Is it perfect? Nope. But it's better than the crappy Alpine, especially for someone like me who doesnt want to build a better system for the money. Unfortunately youre going to prob be investing in some sort of upgrade now.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My 2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat RedEye was a custom build. I chose, intentionally, not to purchase the Harmon Hardon sound system, since my experience with two other FCA products using the base sound system was more than adequate. I am finding that the Challenger Alpine base sound system is completely lacking in bass tones and sounds a bit "tinning". Of course I have tried to adjust the audio settings but my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee base sound system is far superior. Interested in other members' experiences and any tips.
Yers came with a stereo ????

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My old '13 mustang came with 4 speakers and nothing more. I upgraded the speakers, added a 12 inch box and kicker, and 2 amps and it was better then the beats system in our then '13 Charger. Do some upgrades and you will be happy

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
We have the alpine system in the Challenger so I know what your are saying. You may be able to get away with an amp and box using a lc2i

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So here's some interesting perspective with our 3 FCA products:

2016 Hellcat - HK system (purchased from Dealer inventory)
2017 Power Wagon - Alpine system with Subwoofers (purchased from Dealer inventory)
2019 DSRT - Alpine system (wife intentionally ordered without HK upgrade)

When I go from one to another, I'm never complaining about the stereo's abilities (or lack thereof)

Maybe I'm just not that concerned one way or the other.

What point was I making again? Shyt, I don't know...

:unsure:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I have the HK in the Hellcat and I'm happy with it. Wife has Beats in the DSRT and it sounds a lot better than beats did in the charger. I have never heard the Alpine in a challenger, but should be easy and fairly inexpensive to upgrade.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So here's some interesting perspective with our 3 FCA products:

2016 Hellcat - HK system (purchased from Dealer inventory)
2017 Power Wagon - Alpine system with Subwoofers (purchased from Dealer inventory)
2019 DSRT - Alpine system (wife intentionally ordered without HK upgrade)

When I go from one to another, I'm never complaining about the stereo's abilities (or lack thereof)

Maybe I'm just not that concerned one way or the other.

What point was I making again? Shyt, I don't know...

:unsure:
Hey...I get it...my thoughts exactly...It makes perfect sense to an idiot...;)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Beach
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger HC
I purposely bought the alpine system because I wanted to build my own system. Got Kicker 3.5 in the dash, 6x9 in the doors, 6.5 in the rear deck hooked to factory amp. 2 12" subs in a Zenclosure box in the trunk. Kicker mono amp for the subs in spare well. Absolutely love it! Clean, crisp, and loud. Bumps when I need it to, full and warm when I don't need to let everyone know what I'm listening to. Simple Line Out Converter attached to rear deck speaker wires for sub amp. Remote wire tapped via Add A Circuit to Sunroof fuse in trunk fuse box. Spent hundreds less than the HK and had the pleasure of installing my own system. 20210314_145753.jpg 20210314_145738.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I purposely bought the alpine system because I wanted to build my own system. Got Kicker 3.5 in the dash, 6x9 in the doors, 6.5 in the rear deck hooked to factory amp. 2 12" subs in a Zenclosure box in the trunk. Kicker mono amp for the subs in spare well. Absolutely love it! Clean, crisp, and loud. Bumps when I need it to, full and warm when I don't need to let everyone know what I'm listening to. Simple Line Out Converter attached to rear deck speaker wires for sub amp. Remote wire tapped via Add A Circuit to Sunroof fuse in trunk fuse box. Spent hundreds less than the HK and had the pleasure of installing my own system. View attachment 40763 View attachment 40764
Don't think I coulda done that when I was 20...;)

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I purposely bought the alpine system because I wanted to build my own system. Got Kicker 3.5 in the dash, 6x9 in the doors, 6.5 in the rear deck hooked to factory amp. 2 12" subs in a Zenclosure box in the trunk. Kicker mono amp for the subs in spare well. Absolutely love it! Clean, crisp, and loud. Bumps when I need it to, full and warm when I don't need to let everyone know what I'm listening to. Simple Line Out Converter attached to rear deck speaker wires for sub amp. Remote wire tapped via Add A Circuit to Sunroof fuse in trunk fuse box. Spent hundreds less than the HK and had the pleasure of installing my own system. View attachment 40763 View attachment 40764
Looks great!

You can also use F12, in the rear power distribution block. This is the fuse for the cigarette lighters/power ports and is switched power, when in the offset position, like in the picture below.

Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Beach
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger HC
Bob, that was my original plan. But after reading up on Littlefuse, many of these add-a-circuits are rated to only handle 10A fuses on each leg. So with F12 being 20A from the factory - I was a little hesitant. Still found a 20A add-a-circuit that I ordered on Amazon but while waiting I tried the 10A Sunroof fuse with the Littlefuse circuit I already had. Well it's been weeks now and everything is peachy keen. So I've just kept it as is and may use F12 for something else later

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bob, that was my original plan. But after reading up on Littlefuse, many of these add-a-circuits are rated to only handle 10A fuses on each leg. So with F12 being 20A from the factory - I was a little hesitant. Still found a 20A add-a-circuit that I ordered on Amazon but while waiting I tried the 10A Sunroof fuse with the Littlefuse circuit I already had. Well it's been weeks now and everything is peachy keen. So I've just kept it as is and may use F12 for something else later
Yeah... remote turn on current is less than an amp. So...

Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Beach
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger HC
Don't think I coulda done that when I was 20...;)
The only reason I did this stereo is because it's what we did when I was 20! LOL! BTW, tonight's stick is an Undercrown Maduro

Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Beach
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger HC
Yeah... remote turn on current is less than an amp. So...

Bob
Well, you know what they say. Safety first! It at least gives me a mental placebo

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
My wife’s 2021 Durango has the Alpine system and it sounds better then both of my Hellcats. I’m just saying.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The only reason I did this stereo is because it's what we did when I was 20! LOL! BTW, tonight's stick is an Undercrown Maduro
Nice smoke...I exclusively smoke a Fuente Chateau..Natural Connecicut shade wrapper..with the finest Dominican filler....just finished my last one of the day..incredible 2" ash...now at my age when I'm in my cars..the radio is hardly on...;);)

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
2015 HC with HK was dissapointing even after software upgrades from FCA. not what I thought it should be.
2018 392 T/A had the UPGRADED400w Alpine. Sounded pretty good and had no issues except would have liked more volume with the windows down and sunroof open. I dont think they offer that one anymore
2019 1320 I listened to the BASE alpine in the scats and it was horrible. Found one with a HK and its 1000x better than the 15 HC HK. Its what I expected the system should sound like.