Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone ceramic coat their own wheels?

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Just received in a new set of wheels this week. Probably be a bit before I make a tire selection. I figured while they're just sitting around, that I should consider ceramic coating them myself.

Anyone have any experience ceramic coating them yourself? I did watch some YouTube videos and some of them seemed rather involved and used brands that I never heard of. Some of the products had to be wiped off within seconds and some had to wait 15 mins. And you had to use several different types of towels for wiping off. Then they were saying you had to wait an hour in between coats which seemed rather inconvenient.

Any experience with over the counter brands like Mothers/Meguiars? My wheels are also black satin, so was hoping the ceramic coat won't shine them up too much.

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Yup I do all my own paint correcting and ceramic coating. I have Cquartz UK on my wheels. New wheels are super easy. Head over to obsessedgarage’s you tube channel as he has a ton of vids on coating new and existing wheels. Mine are matte wheels and no issues with the coating changing the appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk