Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone Ever Use EBC Brake Pads on their Helllcat?

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Hello,

Was checking if anyone has ever used EBC brake pads on their Hellcat. I literally just won an EBC vendor giveaway on another Challenger forum. They are sending me a set of any EBC pad offering. I remember from decades ago that they had different colors for different situations. From all the reading that I've absorbed from the forums, I don't recall anyone mentioning EBC when talking about brake pads.

Even if you don't have Hellcat experience, do you have other vehicle experience or suggestions? I tried to go their website and it's full of cookies and won't allow you to see anything unless you accept them. To be honest, if they aren't up to snuff like the Brembo's, than I probably wouldn't even put them on.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
I use the Yellow stuff pads on my pickup, and have tried them on my HC, but not on the OEM rotors. Roughly the same as the Demon Performance S/S pads when used on the DP rotors. Less brake dust than OEM pads

Edit: and agree, the EBC website is a major PITA! But you can find them on most any of the major parts store websites

OP
thetalonguy

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #3
I use the Yellow stuff pads on my pickup, and have tried them on my HC, but not on the OEM rotors. Roughly the same as the Demon Performance S/S pads when used on the DP rotors. Less brake dust than OEM pads

Edit: and agree, the EBC website is a major PITA! But you can find them on most any of the major parts store websites
Cool, thanks for input. They recommended the yellows as well. I guess I'll just hang onto them for when I do need to replace the pads. One online seller have them going for over $200 a set, so that's a nice little unexpected score! Just need to win that Powerball next and I'll buy you all Demons.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Bad experience with the Reds for me. Squealed like a banshee and dusted way more than advertised. But heck, give ‘em a try since they’re free

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
After experimenting with no less than 6 different pad manufacturers, I’ve found Stop Tech “Street” pads to be the best for stopping power similar to the OE Brembo with less dust.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
After experimenting with no less than 6 different pad manufacturers, I’ve found Stop Tech “Street” pads to be the best for stopping power similar to the OE Brembo with less dust.

Do you run just those now, or are you switching out for track stuff like HPR?

If so, what?

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Do you run just those now, or are you switching out for track stuff like HPR?

If so, what?
I swap back out to the OE Brembos for closed circuit days, in the fronts. Still the best performers for me. Use the same Hawks for street & track in the rear. I’ve found the stock Brembo pads, for a song, on forums so inexpensive to wear those out :giggle: