Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bad news, and pardon my absence

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
A coworker told me this, and I argued that one cannot be tested for the COVID 19 Antibody; but he states that his doc told him that he did have the 19 Antibody.
The thing is, he came to work with a cold, which I fricking got, and he seems to believe that's when he had it.
I asked my doc to do the test, and states that 19 ( specifically) cannot be tested.
So I may have had it, or may not have.
Point:
Ask your doc if one can be tested for the 19 Antibody. If so, get tested. If positive, you should be okay.
What do you mean when you say you argued one can't be tested for the antibody for covid 19?

An antibody test is as good as useless, all it tells you is that you may have had or didn't have it at one point, it doesn't even indicate how long ago you had it.

As an example my mom who works in the hospital got covid in late april/early may, she was symptom free after 3 days and had to wait 14 days to get tested.... little did she know the hospital used antibody testing and she kept getting positive with a negative sprinkled in between, they required multiple tests to get clear, so basically first test she got was 10 days after she was confirmed positive, 7 days after that she got another positive, then a negative 7 days later, then 48 hours later a positive, then the hospital changed its protocol nearly 3 weeks later because they were getting shortstaffed.... in the end many found out it was the anti-body testing that messed everything up.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
2pac, I agree. I started to have a fever and feel like a sore throat/head ache, but then fever went away, and so did the sore throat, and with all this cardiac BS who knows what is a symptom of what for me? I'm not going to be overly worried about it, but if I do hit a sustained 101.5 or above, I'm going to hit the test again.
Any chills? That is something that seems to be a pretty good indicator of flu vs covid, the problem with covid is that it seems so much like the common cold or flu that people either panic or don't take it seriously.

Neither is good, panic = stress on you, not taking it seriously usually = spreading it.

I would say if a test is economical, readily available and easy to do, I would take a shot.

I wouldn't go out of my way necessarily to take one unless I saw some more significant symptoms.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What do you mean when you say you argued one can't be tested for the antibody for covid 19?

An antibody test is as good as useless, all it tells you is that you may have had or didn't have it at one point, it doesn't even indicate how long ago you had it.

As an example my mom who works in the hospital got covid in late april/early may, she was symptom free after 3 days and had to wait 14 days to get tested.... little did she know the hospital used antibody testing and she kept getting positive with a negative sprinkled in between, they required multiple tests to get clear, so basically first test she got was 10 days after she was confirmed positive, 7 days after that she got another positive, then a negative 7 days later, then 48 hours later a positive, then the hospital changed its protocol nearly 3 weeks later because they were getting shortstaffed.... in the end many found out it was the anti-body testing that messed everything up.
Most all flu / colds are a variation of the COVID virus.
Just because you test positive for COVID does not mean you have the COVID 19 Antibody.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #104

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well I hope you don't get it........I for one would miss your witty banter.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Most all flu / colds are a variation of the COVID virus.
Just because you test positive for COVID does not mean you have the COVID 19
Well written, even a dummy should be able to understand this.

Yes false positive would be what you would be referring to, and yes this happens a lot, especially when antibody testing is used as a means to diagnose covid.

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Challenger WB Redeye
Please excuse my disappearance. I have convos and threads I am interested in but these may well languish. I am in New Mexico w almost no connection and found out today one of my kids may have covid. For me and wife, w comorbidities, this could be serious indeed. Talking w physician client tomorrow morning and may be driving 350 miles straight to get him tested. Checked the odds myself and they are on our side, but have to be prudent in our response.

Be good all, catch you once this is straightened out.
Best wishes