Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Battery Maintainer?

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
OP
ofdfiremedic

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Sorry about the delay, I tested the tender on my other vehicle (Nissan Altima, driven daily), the battery has a different (lower) amp hour rating than the Hellcat battery, after about 5 minutes it recognized 80% and within 15 minutes was fully green. My reading has come up with batteries with high amp hours not being able to have the tender ever make it there. I am just going to operate on that assumption for now. I've returned the Tender Jr and gotten a Noco maintainer, 5 amp, I'm going to see if this makes any difference at all and will absolutely update!

OP
ofdfiremedic

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
Noco charger/maintainer recognized the battery as full within minutes. Same connection in the trunk, no changes whatsoever. Can't explain it but happy I've found a solution, thanks for everyones input, I do believe the Tender Jr's work, just didn't for this application of mine I suppose. :confused:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Noco charger/maintainer recognized the battery as full within minutes. Same connection in the trunk, no changes whatsoever. Can't explain it but happy I've found a solution, thanks for everyones input, I do believe the Tender Jr's work, just didn't for this application of mine I suppose. :confused:
You'll love this:
I pitched my Noco as it would not work on my Infiniti M45s - same issue, never got to maintenance mode. Then a few of the buttons refused to work & it turns out their 5 yr warranty is CRAP as it's prorated (based on MSRP, not the street price) + you pay shipping both ways.

Bought the Tender Jr. and bam - right into maint. mode with in 10 min. Works great on my Hellcat, the Durango & the wife's Q50 Red Sport 400.

Go figure .......... :unsure: