Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Battery

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
What battery is everyone using?? I think it’s time!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I will be running an Arc-angel as soon as Nick gets the changes and updates done, thinking Sept-Oct It is lighter with a 10 year warranty.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I will be running an Arc-angel as soon as Nick gets the changes and updates done, thinking Sept-Oct It is lighter with a 10 year warranty.
Have you checked the price lately?

OP
Bboyd

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
$800+ Arc angel??

OP
Bboyd

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
thought they were around 400, but checked today.... WOW

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Have you checked the price lately?
Yep I have been in contact with Nick on making a lighter cheaper battery. He added another cell which uped the capacity and weight over the old design. He will be using much better cells with the new batteries. I have told him to lower the weight which would lower the cost and he would sell a lot more. His is working on a 13-15 lb battery with about 1000 CCA

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Yep I have been in contact with Nick on making a lighter cheaper battery. He added another cell which uped the capacity and weight over the old design. He will be using much better cells with the new batteries. I have told him to lower the weight which would lower the cost and he would sell a lot more. His is working on a 13-15 lb battery with about 1000 CCA
What's the new price? I'm hearing double..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Guess it all depends of what you are looking for and want out of a battery. If you just need a replacement I would go to Walmart and get a 3 year battery. I used to buy Optima batteries shortly after they came out with the 1st lasting over 7 years but lost a couple pretty quickly after that and decided the extra money for them was not worth it. Been getting cheaper batteries at Walmart and they last longer

Now for the Hellcat I'm looking for a strong battery and less weight which is going to cost more

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
What's the new price? I'm hearing double..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The 94R is currently listed at $820 at 24 lbs. That is why I'm looking at a less weight cheaper option

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The 94R is currently listed at $820 at 24 lbs. That is why I'm looking at a less weight cheaper option
WOW, it was something I was considering as a replacement when my current battery goes, but even the old price seemed a bit of a stretch.
$800+ is just nuts unless you're racing & the weight reduction is important to you.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Interesting. I paid $400 back when that was the price and it kicks a$$. Very happy with it. Weight is 17-18 lbs. I forget exactly but I remember it was a 30 lb weight savings and it has that 10 year warranty. I thought that was a very reasonable deal. Sorry but $800 is not unless the weight savings has gotten to the point where it’s that important. And that’s not a street car.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Stock 2015 Stock Battery still works like a charm. ;)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It won't forever. My car is 4 years old and want to replace the battery before it tells me. My '13 Mustang I bought new decided to die at work when it was exactly 5 years old (bought car 8/12) There was never a sign anything was wrong

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Good post and now you have me wondering LOL and my Hellcat Charger just yesterday did a really funky thing. I started her up put her in gear and she died instantly. I have never in all the years of owing many Hellcats had this happen. And what was weird she would not even go to start mode and had to turn her off then open the door to the car to kill the whole electronics and then I tried again and she started. But has me wondering since she sat on the dealers lot for 9-10 months and now she sits a lot as well with me. Doubt its the battery but maybe and will put a test on her at the battery dealer. Thanks for posting cause now you have me thinking and cant answer your preferred battery option. But today batteries are designed to run the exact time they are sold for and then die.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Good post and now you have me wondering LOL and my Hellcat Charger just yesterday did a really funky thing. I started her up put her in gear and she died instantly. I have never in all the years of owing many Hellcats had this happen. And what was weird she would not even go to start mode and had to turn her off then open the door to the car to kill the whole electronics and then I tried again and she started. But has me wondering since she sat on the dealers lot for 9-10 months and now she sits a lot as well with me. Doubt its the battery but maybe and will put a test on her at the battery dealer. Thanks for posting cause now you have me thinking and cant answer your preferred battery option. But today batteries are designed to run the exact time they are sold for and then die.
This happened to my battery @ just over 2 years ! Dealer said the battery was weak & charged it, I went home & parked it for just over a week & the battery was totally dead.
Flatbed back to the dealer & they said it had a bad cell, most likely from my not using it enough. Replaced under warranty, but they recommended I keep it on a charger when not in use.
Been doing that & have had no further issues.

My M45S was the same, if not kept on a charger or used 3+ times a week the battery would go dead.

I always assumed you were keeping yours (at least some) on chargers since you likely do not drive all your toys > 1x per week ;).

OP
Bboyd

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
Leaving work didn’t want to start and last few days cranked slow.. so time to change.... nothing worse than a dead battery. well Running out of gas sucks also!!!!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I went with an AGM, standard battery

I'm still contemplating which of the light weight batteries to pick from.

OP
Bboyd

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
I went with an AGM, standard battery

I'm still contemplating which of the light weight batteries to pick from.
Arc angel is the lightest, as far as I know BUT 800+ is high??

OP
Bboyd

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Thread Starter #20
Would like Like to find a lighter one...but not at the prices there asking.... probably just go with a napa battery use alot at my shop... but 51lbs?... idk dammit???