Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Be careful buying used cars

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
yes sir you are correct....I also think it's stock cam I have friend that has 16 just like mine and I know it's stock. But the problem mine having those lt headers and super 10 flowmasters it's so darn loud it's hard to tell.....but you can still tell there's not much lope it just sounds stock just loud. I think the tuner is having trouble with the fuels trims being to wacky acting....and A firend of mine seen logs on mine a couple month's ago and said the same.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
:censored:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Post up your logs, there are ones here that may be able to help. Also was wondering how your upper and incognito lower combo was working out as I’ve thought about adding a conservative upper to mine and have seen some others doing it.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Post up your logs, there are ones here that may be able to help. Also was wondering how your upper and incognito lower combo was working out as I’ve thought about adding a conservative upper to mine and have seen some others doing it.
the upper and the sleeve game me 17lbs. and I have heard it's the limit....but as far as the car goes it runs well but....getting it tuned now and the tuners is having trouble not knowing what that has been done maybe something internal (cam) but he's very good and will work it out. I kinda wish it has been stock that way I could add what I wanted

Attachments

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I took a peek and I'm def no expert but does look like something is going on with fuel. I cant tell your fuel pressure or pump dc. @jonx96 @Hpindy @Speedy! @16GoManGoHC2 maybe can point you in right direction

Last edited:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Ill be looking in a few need coffee first.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Well I only had 5 minutes to look I have a meeting starting in 1 minute. Stop going wot your injector duty cycle is way to high. You need bigger injectors. I'm not in love with the lean fuel trims but they arent bad enough where I'm that concerned. Unless I'm missing it you need to log WB Lambda. I saw you hit 108% duty cycle. Scary

Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Well I only had 5 minutes to look I have a meeting starting in 1 minute. Stop going wot your injector duty cycle is way to high. You need bigger injectors. I'm not in love with the lean fuel trims but they arent bad enough were I'm that concerned. Unless I'm missing it you need to log WB Lambda. I saw you hit 108% duty cycle. Scary
Oh shit I didn't see the end:oops:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'm just learning but the bypass valve looks to be opening to save things until the injector DC gets back to safe then repeat the process.
That is what my car was doing with no mods.
You should add the fuel pump info if you can.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
1636468418146.png

In this state it is unsafe to keep doing WOT pulls.

Well I only had 5 minutes to look I have a meeting starting in 1 minute. Stop going wot your injector duty cycle is way to high. You need bigger injectors. I'm not in love with the lean fuel trims but they arent bad enough were I'm that concerned. Unless I'm missing it you need to log WB Lambda. I saw you hit 108% duty cycle. Scary
It got worse he went full on pop piston mode 117%. I am attaching channels you should log. You are missing some fueling components that will help you determine how stupid lean you are (which you are). Now this goes with a caveat. Some channels on my PCM may be different than yours, you might have to go back into the channel editor and go find them again. Also I am perplexed as to why your pressure ratio is 2.17. That is way more than stock boost. (2.17 * 14.7) - 14.7 = 17.199lbs, can you send us a picture of your pulley and crankpulley/dampener?

Attachments

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I'm half tempted to send you my phone number and do some sort of video call with you.
I bet @fumanchu182 adds them for you but I don't think I'd go wot again to even test until you at least get a set of injectors. You need the below tables added at a minimum. Who is your tuner? If you sent him this log and he is continuing to tune you need to find a new tuner ASAP!
Edit- Also add Fuel Mass Cyl 1 when you get new injectors

1636468990079.png

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Here you go be good if all you are running is 93. You still may run into some fuel pump issues at that boost level and 93. The pumps tend to get weak over time. On 93 a BAP is fine if still needed after injectors.
https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/id1050-injectors-used.9963/

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I took a peek and I'm def no expert but does look like something is going on with fuel. I cant tell your fuel pressure or pump dc. @jonx96 @Hpindy @Speedy! @16GoManGoHC2 maybe can point you in right direction
I will take a look as soon as I get home to my car laptop. ( yes my car has its own laptop)

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I'm just learning but the bypass valve looks to be opening to save things until the injector DC gets back to safe then repeat the process.
That is what my car was doing with no mods.
You should add the fuel pump info if you can.
Here you go be good if all you are running is 93. You still may run into some fuel pump issues at that boost level and 93. The pumps tend to get weak over time. On 93 a BAP is fine if still needed after injectors.
https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/id1050-injectors-used.9963/
In my opinion the ID 1050 / FIC 1000 injectors are the best all around injectors for most hellcats on the road even stock cars. They are easy to tune and have decent amount of head room in them .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
I just installed demon injectors....what I found out is the injectors in the car with that log was 525cc....I bought the car used and I think someone just threw those injectors to sell or trade it. The demon injectors are only 700cc but they should help. The tuner is doing the best he can but and he knows the fuel is wacky even with the new injectors. It having a 2.85 upper and incognito sleeve it's putting out around 17lbs. and I know thats not good in it's self

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
View attachment 57505

In this state it is unsafe to keep doing WOT pulls.

It got worse he went full on pop piston mode 117%. I am attaching channels you should log. You are missing some fueling components that will help you determine how stupid lean you are (which you are). Now this goes with a caveat. Some channels on my PCM may be different than yours, you might have to go back into the channel editor and go find them again. Also I am perplexed as to why your pressure ratio is 2.17. That is way more than stock boost. (2.17 * 14.7) - 14.7 = 17.199lbs, can you send us a picture of your pulley and crankpulley/dampener?
I keep trying to add what you sent but....I'm not computer savy. I downloaded it but cant figure out how to get in on scanner

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
One moment lemme grab my laptop

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I just installed demon injectors....what I found out is the injectors in the car with that log was 525cc....I bought the car used and I think someone just threw those injectors to sell or trade it. The demon injectors are only 700cc but they should help. The tuner is doing the best he can but and he knows the fuel is wacky even with the new injectors. It having a 2.85 upper and incognito sleeve it's putting out around 17lbs. and I know thats not good in it's self
Demon Injectors will 100% not support that amount of boost period. Your stock fuel pump will not support that boost period. This is an all stop 🛑🚫⛔, you will kill your motor.

So to load the file I gave you, please extract the zip file to a location of your choosing, Desktop or My Documents, make note of the location. Then open VCM Scanner, do not start logging.

1636514624622.png