Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Beadlock or knurled bead rims for a stock or mildly tuned street car?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I used them once long ago, but didn't like the whole idea. Never saw any particular damage from them, but did not see any particular benefit other than reduction in slip but that never bothered me that much. I call it personal preference. If it makes you feel better, you see clear faster times with your style of launch, or it stops vibration / balance issues for you, have at it.
Brother,

Some of the members here have serious power and are pushing 4,000 + pounds down the strip with street car parts. The race shops will not say it because it is business gotta make money, however, I do not have that constraint, so I am saying the obvious and have the time slips to back it up.

In summary, forget about beadlocks, send it and have fun.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I suggest running 15 inch tires because they are much cheaper and perform better than 17 or 18 inch tires. This requires a brake conversion, every time you buy tires there is a savings of $ 200 plus dollars. Brake conversion is around $ 1,000 in parts.

Please don't waste money or listen to people with an agenda. I have used Bogarts on my hellcat, the tires move every pass, however, I have gone rick bobby quick, so how much did it cost me?

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I suggest running 15 inch tires because they are much cheaper and perform better than 17 or 18 inch tires. This requires a brake conversion, every time you buy tires there is a savings of $ 200 plus dollars. Brake conversion is around $ 1,000 in parts.

Please don't waste money or listen to people with an agenda. I have used Bogarts on my hellcat, the tires move every pass, however, I have gone rick bobby quick, so how much did it cost me?
going 15 inch next year for sure, I can`t decide which tire to run, help me out cole:)

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
going 15 inch next year for sure, I can`t decide which tire to run, help me out cole:)
I run a MT radial pro which is a 315, it will stick out and require spacers. It hooks like glue, that is why I want some slip in the wheel, going race car quick with street car parts requires some messaging, IRS and center section is less than ideal in drag racing, way less.