Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bondurant SRT No show!!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
I went to the Bondurant school today, for the SRT class that was scheduled, just to find the gate locked. A handful of us (4 to be exact) showed up for class and after waiting about 45 minutes, and making several calls to the front office, someone finally showed up to tell us the class had been canceled due to Covid. I sent an email last week to verify the class would be held and was told it was a "Go", only to be told today that the class had been cancelled yesterday.

Although we were assured that students had been notified of the cancellation, obviously no one there this morning had obtained such notification. I was lucky living across town that I am only out the cost for 1 night at a hotel near the track, but one fellow flew in from PA and was out the cost of plane tickets, hotel, meals and rental car.

We were assured the class would be rescheduled and someone called from Bondurant called to say the school would offer something (I imagine a discount of some type on other classes) for my being understanding. They will provide additional information on this offering in the near future.

My point to this thread is that if you are planning to attend the SRT school, be aware that you could end up being out a lot of money, time and energy. Verify everything and check with the school often!!

jroyk

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
They did something similar a few years ago when the employees weren’t getting paid, IIRC. Really a bitch for folks that paid for airfare and hotels.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
I went to the Bondurant school today, for the SRT class that was scheduled, just to find the gate locked. A handful of us (4 to be exact) showed up for class and after waiting about 45 minutes, and making several calls to the front office, someone finally showed up to tell us the class had been canceled due to Covid. I sent an email last week to verify the class would be held and was told it was a "Go", only to be told today that the class had been cancelled yesterday.

Although we were assured that students had been notified of the cancellation, obviously no one there this morning had obtained such notification. I was lucky living across town that I am only out the cost for 1 night at a hotel near the track, but one fellow flew in from PA and was out the cost of plane tickets, hotel, meals and rental car.

We were assured the class would be rescheduled and someone called from Bondurant called to say the school would offer something (I imagine a discount of some type on other classes) for my being understanding. They will provide additional information on this offering in the near future.

My point to this thread is that if you are planning to attend the SRT school, be aware that you could end up being out a lot of money, time and energy. Verify everything and check with the school often!!

Thank you for sharing, but damn, that blows...

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat

That sucks, I don't think calling would've helped you because most people don't call the day before.

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
File a complaint for full reimbursement then say well can we reschedule and it’s all on you?

OP
Ralph
Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Thread Starter #6
File a complaint for full reimbursement then say well can we reschedule and it’s all on you?
It was a bummer today, but I was there for the "free" SRT class included with the purchase of my 2019. If I was out plane tickets etc. I might consider trying to get reimbursement but in my case probably not worth the effort.

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Sorry to hear this crappy @$$ school is still screwing good people over.
Its not like however, no one warned people how utterly shady they actually are, once you look behind the curtains.
Word has been out there in droves, since they screwed over hundreds of us, when they closed their doors without notice, with classes filled, planned and on schedule, then came around (much) later to "allow re-scheduled" classes, only to totally default on those as well, after many of us planned, paid for and/or traveled to attend, not once, but TWICE!

"FBDS" should be a tee shirt & Dodge should burn any & all existence of a partnership with them.
I am amazed no one has taken this to the authorities or courts yet.

Hunter

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Its not like however, no one warned people how utterly shady they actually are, once you look behind the curtains.
Word has been out there in droves, since they screwed over hundreds of us, when they closed their doors without notice, with classes filled, planned and on schedule, then came around (much) later to "allow re-scheduled" classes, only to totally default on those as well, after many of us planned, paid for and/or traveled to attend, not once, but TWICE!

"FBDS" should be a tee shirt & Dodge should burn any & all existence of a partnership with them.
They had.
When I bought my 19, there was NO free class offered.

OP
Ralph
Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Thread Starter #9
They had.
When I bought my 19, there was NO free class offered.
I have a 19 also that I bought in August of last year. I called SRT, gave them my VIN and they said I qualified for the school. For what its worth, if you call, you may qualify as well.

04Ram2500Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Wow- that sucks. I really enjoyed the class when I went.

OP
Ralph
Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Thread Starter #11

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat

really "crappy @$$ school" is it a crappy ass school? I've heard lotta good things about it and still have a chance to attend it.

OP
Ralph
Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Thread Starter #13
really "crappy @$$ school" is it a crappy ass school? I've heard lot of good things about it and still have a chance to attend it.
I enjoyed the class a lot and had fun attending. The closer you get to the track and the cars, the better the school is. From what I experienced and the similar experiences that others on this thread have mentioned, the problem is getting to the track and behind the wheel of a car.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I'm sorry to hear about the Covid shutdown. I enjoyed a 2 day ARR school there this summer. I wish there had been an instructor in the car but . . . Covid.

Last edited:

WileECoyote

Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prattville
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
I have a 19 also that I bought in August of last year. I called SRT, gave them my VIN and they said I qualified for the school. For what its worth, if you call, you may qualify as well.
I did the same thing, but I bought my RE in July. I upped my "free" 1-day school to the 2-day. I really regretted not doing the 3-day. The formula Mazdas on day 3 would have been fantastic!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger

Let me guess - nobody signed up that day had "upgraded" to more expensive pay for classes from the free one day event? ;)
I was totally screwed out of the Track Day on my HC Challenger 2015 that I waited 397 days for - but I blame Dodge for that one, not the school.

Designflaw

Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Well sorry you had a crappy experience. I'm going to go early next year on the free SRT Class. I was thinking about upgrading but they only give a 500.00 credit toward another class, so even the upgraded 1 day is still 1200 bucks more. Going to give it a shot free 1st and bringing the wife to have a little bit of vacation around the area as well.

Paladin06

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Queen Creek
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I got my 2019 in Aug of last year as well. What’s that phone number?

I did go back in 2008 when I got my SRT challenger.

Designflaw

Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
I got my 2019 in Aug of last year as well. What’s that phone number?

I did go back in 2008 when I got my SRT challenger.
You have 1 year from the date of purchase - You may be out of luck but here is the number

The Official High Performance Driving School of Dodge/SRT Team
Phone: 800-998-1110

SilverBillet

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger Daytona (Hellcat sold 5/16/20)

If you had a reservation that means they had your contact information, email and phone number for sure. It seems completely irresponsible of them to not notify you as soon as they decided to be closed (especially those from out of State). It would just take a text message or an email. I wonder when they really decided to pull the plug on it? You’d think they could have held the Friday class! I wonder if they notified the people coming the following week?