Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bumper Plugs for License plate holes

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bergen County
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Dodge Durango SRT 392
Not sure if you guys have these dumb ass regulations in your state but my truck came with 6 drilled holes in the front bumper for the license plate bracket. Order these plugs, 100% worth the money to save the look of the truck

Attachments

Member ID
Reactions
City
R
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT 392
How do you have your front plate displayed?

OP
NJMAKO
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bergen County
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
How do you have your front plate displayed?
I don’t at this point , I hate the way it looks

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Not sure if you guys have these dumb ass regulations in your state but my truck came with 6 drilled holes in the front bumper for the license plate bracket. Order these plugs, 100% worth the money to save the look of the truck
Where did you get them? I need some red ones.

OP
NJMAKO
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bergen County
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Bumper plugs.com, they are pricey but they come painted with the Dodge factory paint so it’s worth it, all you gotta do is slightly drill the pre drilled holes with a 9/32 bit and they pop right in 👍

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
On my expeditions I've used off the shelf white plugs and it looks fine. Only one problem on one hole - whatever dipstick drilled the hole pulled the bit out instead of reversing, so it left a raised plastic non-conformity so the plug on that one cannot fit smooth and tight. I have not bothered to try and smooth it down. Since it was heat damaged and the material partially melted in that spot from the drill not sure there is much that can be done effectively and cost-efficiently.

Most states that have front plate requirements will ticket you for not having one. Have you taken that into account?

OP
NJMAKO
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bergen County
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
On my expeditions I've used off the shelf white plugs and it looks fine. Only one problem on one hole - whatever dipstick drilled the hole pulled the bit out instead of reversing, so it left a raised plastic non-conformity so the plug on that one cannot fit smooth and tight. I have not bothered to try and smooth it down. Since it was heat damaged and the material partially melted in that spot from the drill not sure there is much that can be done effectively and cost-efficiently.

Most states that have front plate requirements will ticket you for not having one. Have you taken that into account?
In this shit state of NJ criminals are praised, not worried about a plate ticket it’s a free for all here

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I used bumper plugs that I had lying around. At 30.00 per pair it was far cheaper to pick up some touch up paint that I needed anyway, and paint them myself. First I trimmed the bumper where you can see the material is raised on the edges with an xacto knife. I then heated the plugs with a heat gun and rolled the edges of the heads back a little bit so they were flush with the bumper when inserted. Lastly I washed them clean with alcohol before a few light coats of paint. They came out great. Even though you can can see them from a few feet away it’s better than spending a bunch on a repaint. Moving forward I use a Sto n Sho plate bracket.
1640286417236.png

Member ID
Reactions
City
R
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT 392
Does the front license plate bracket come installed from the factory?

Their is a line-item for it on the build sheet.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I’m in NY so they just hammer it on in there. Luckily only 2 holes.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I used bumper plugs that I had lying around. At 30.00 per pair it was far cheaper to pick up some touch up paint that I needed anyway, and paint them myself. First I trimmed the bumper where you can see the material is raised on the edges with an xacto knife. I then heated the plugs with a heat gun and rolled the edges of the heads back a little bit so they were flush with the bumper when inserted. Lastly I washed them clean with alcohol before a few light coats of paint. They came out great. Even though you can can see them from a few feet away it’s better than spending a bunch on a repaint. Moving forward I use a Sto n Sho plate bracket.
View attachment 59985
Sto n Show will cover those right up, no problem.
605787FC-48B5-4FCF-9AAA-EC2FDAA9800C.jpeg

OP
NJMAKO
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bergen County
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I’m in NY so they just hammer it on in there. Luckily only 2 holes.
2!? I had 6!!!!! 2 big ones 2 small pin size both in the paint, then 2 into the plastic grill insert

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
@NJMAKO I know, I saw that. That sucks!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Looks better than holes being there.

When I bought my HC new, I told the sales guy to not mount the license plate bracket on the car or I wouldn't buy it, glad they didn't & the factory CF stripes cover up the dimples where the holes are suppose to be drilled.

Member ID
Reactions
City
R
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT 392
My dealer was good about not installing the front plate bracket so I don't have any holes in my bumper. I have a sto-n-show and Sly Bracket for the front plate. I'll figure out which one I like better when the DMV plates come in.

Member ID
Reactions
City
R
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT 392
Installed the Stow-n-Show bracket. I think it looks fine. The plate slightly overlaps the sensor but I tested the auto cruise control at highway speeds and different follow distance settings and it worked perfectly.

FrontPlateSNS.jpg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
On my Charger the dealer did not install the plate bracket (and tossed the splitter protectors in the trunk - I tossed them in the trash before I saw people were paying $50 for them!) Same on my GTO, they dont want to tear up the car prior to delivery. If you want to risk the ticket, they're okay with that.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Installed the Stow-n-Show bracket. I think it looks fine. The plate slightly overlaps the sensor but I tested the auto cruise control at highway speeds and different follow distance settings and it worked perfectly.

View attachment 63492
lol, yes that would have sucked for it to have detected a "car" right in front of your bumper at highway speed

Member ID
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 RDX
A local Hellcat owner mentioned to me there's an active promo code which is good for the Dodge BumperPlugs. Use code HELLCAT-22 for a discount (y)

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger