Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bye Chrysler Hello Stellantis???

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The name really does sound more like a Drug of the Week than a new automotive corporation.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
The name really does sound more like a Drug of the Week than a new automotive corporation.
LOL!
Ask your doctor if Stellantis is right for you.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
LOL!
Ask your doctor if Stellantis is right for you.

You know, I think I will do just that, in fact I'll ask if the Stellantis RE version is even better for me given my experience with the regular Stellantis...

:cool:

Bkuz

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Stellantis: For When The Moment Is Right

286DC0EB-6540-496F-9F17-0FE4433B76D4.jpeg

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yikes Yikes Yikes does anyone remember CERBERUS? Funky names bring FUNKY GAMES can only hope the Dodge Brand ain't thrown to the curb. Its a no brainer since Peugeot is wanting the Jeep and Ram brand which are the money makers. And with the continued delay and delay and delay of the next generation Challenger and Charger you have to scratch your head.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
All I have to say is, Why?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Last edited:

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks ChargerChallenger for the explanation. I should have been more clear. I was referring to the name Stellantis. Why name it something like that? Sounds like a drug for high cholesterol.

To me, it will ALWAYS be the Chrysler Corporation.

Stellantis @ Carlisle? The Stellantis Nationals? NO!!!!!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
How will they fit that on the trunk? Not enough room.

A_Drag_Race.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
FCA does not have the resources and or monies to meet the next Green Agenda mandates. FCA has to pay Tesla millions to not be penalized by the EPA. The goal with the merger is to meet EPA guidelines by streamlining the brands on fewer platforms making many brands sharing the technologies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...rysler-credits-european-union-emissions-fines
Yikes...that sounds to me like..were FRENCH TOAST:cry:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
It kinda sounds like something the doc would give you a shot for.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Stellantis??? This seems like another bad decision with the direction of the Chrysler Corporation (or whatever its being called)... will Chrysler survive as we once knew it ? (or want to know it) First the merger with AMC, then Plymouth disappears, and then the Ram splits from Dodge... I hardly recognize them anymore.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Stellantis??? This seems like another bad decision with the direction of the Chrysler Corporation (or whatever its being called)... will Chrysler survive as we once knew it ? (or want to know it) First the merger with AMC, then Plymouth disappears, and then the Ram splits from Dodge... I hardly recognize them anymore.
Just call the likes of whack jobs AOC who think cars are destroying the world. Hmm just get rid of mankind and problem solved:unsure:. A hole politicians are driving the change of power to enrich one selves. The Electric car will solve The world Issues.....uh huh.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I found a pretty good article about the name and it's origins why.

For starters, Chrysler, the 95-year-old automaker founded in Detroit by Walter P. Chrysler (his name still adorns everything from a major freeway in Michigan to an iconic art deco skyscraper in New York), isn’t actually Chrysler. It’s FCA, which stands for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. The name change actually happened in 2014, which you might have easily missed. The American unit, formerly Chrysler, is known as FCA US in some legal matters, but does not operate independently.

The Stellantis name takes effect in 2021. Here’s why it’s needed: Fiat Chrysler is merging with Group PSA. (Peugeot and Citroen) to form a transatlantic alliance that will be larger than even Ford. Stellantis sounds a lot better than FCA-PSA. Or PSA-FCA. You might poke fun at it, but it beats the alternatives. Or at least it could be worse.

Stellantis is the name for the corporate entity that will house Chrysler, Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen, and oh by the way, Opel and Vauxhall, which PSA bought in 2017 when GM unloaded its European arm.
Your Jeep will not say Stellantis on the fender. Your Hemi Hellcat won’t say “powered by Stellantis” under the hood. Your Fiat 500 or Alfa Romeo Giulia will not have a script “Stellantis" crest.
Speaking of that, roll call: Here’s all of the brands that will be housed under the Stellantis umbrella: Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Mopar, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Abarth, Ram, Lancia, Peugeot, Citroen, DS, Opel and Vauxhall. There’s also a couple of lesser-known subsidiaries, Comau and Teksid, that sell parts.
That’s 18 brands. They have origins in Detroit, Paris, Turin, Chalton (England), Russelsheim (Germany) and several other places. All of these carmakers have deep histories. No one was going to agree on using someone else’s name.

You might notice Chrysler is still in there. Chrysler as the brandname for the 300 sedan and Pacifica minivan lives on. Stellantis replaces FCA, which replaced Chrysler, as the name of the parent company. Yes, it's a little confusing.

Here’s more perspective. Chrysler was once owned by Cerberus, a three-headed dog that guards the gates of hell, according to mythology. Stellantis which is “rooted in the word ‘stello,’ means to brighten with stars,” according to a press release. At least the Stellantis backstory sounds more optimistic, and ownership by Stellantis has got to turn out better than Cerberus’ stewardship, which led to bankruptcy.
I would argue keeping Chrysler as the corporate name for the U.S. operations is a better move. But taking a broader view — which was part of the strategy behind the change from Chrysler to FCA — acknowledges that this global company will act as one. There’s several major, formerly independent automakers all baked into one entity. By keeping separate names, there would always be silos and division. Say what you want about the name, but now it’s clear that Fiat, Chrysler, Peugeot (and all those other brands) will move forward under one banner: Stellantis.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I was just getting used to FCA. It will be hard especially for Americans to identify with the new name

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Stellantis is just going to be the parent company over-arcing name, they're not going to be stupid enough to dump the marques / brands that make up the fleets you see on the street.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Stellantis is just going to be the parent company over-arcing name, they're not going to be stupid enough to dump the marques / brands that make up the fleets you see on the street.

One would hope...