Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Carvana

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Anyone ever sell a vehicle to them? They have offered me 80k for my 392 Rubicon...which is tempting. How is payment made and is it when title handed over or delayed? A bit nervous about giving a signed title and vehicle without payment in hand.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Several people on here have used them, seemed happy.
I personally haven't used any car buying service.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I sold a car to them. They'll either show up with a check or electronically deposit the money. I chose the eft and it took 2-3 days for the money to show up in my account. The only reason I did that was to avoid my bank putting a hold on the check (I just assumed they would, yours might not.)

I was very happy with my experience. They showed up, started the car, looked at it for like 60 seconds and then we signed the paperwork and it was done. They didn't even test drive the car haha.

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #4
Ok thanks. Have to run the tax implications of selling rather than trading. Appreciate the information.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ok thanks. Have to run the tax implications of selling rather than trading. Appreciate the information.
I took my Carvana offer to the dealer when I was considering trading on another car and used it to make them deal.

They didn't come all the way up but they came up to the dealer offer plus the tax savings being equal to the carvana offer. Ultimately I just decided not to buy their vehicle but I'll continue to use Carvana as a bargaining tool.

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #6
That was my thought also...trading on an orange TRX...which comes in at 90k.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You not like the 392 Rubicon?

KANNINA 2.0

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Durango SRT
I sold a car to them. They'll either show up with a check or electronically deposit the money. I chose the eft and it took 2-3 days for the money to show up in my account. The only reason I did that was to avoid my bank putting a hold on the check (I just assumed they would, yours might not.)

I was very happy with my experience. They showed up, started the car, looked at it for like 60 seconds and then we signed the paperwork and it was done. They didn't even test drive the car haha.
Same here, but the EFT was in my account the next day. They were here and gone almost before I could snap the last pics of the car on it's way out!

Driver said they were crazy busy.

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #9
The 392 is impressive. But I seldom drive it. It's a toy just like most of these high dollar rides. I find the wanting better than the having. As you probably guessed, I get bored with cars easily. Not a good attribute for the bank account!

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Same here, but the EFT was in my account the next day. They were here and gone almost before I could snap the last pics of the car on it's way out!

Driver said they were crazy busy.
You may be right, the eft may have hit my account in 1-2 days. Just letting @572 savoy know that it's not immediate like a wire.

Same here, they had to hire a local tow company to come get my car because they were so busy.

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #11
Good to know. Thanks for the clarification. Stuff like that makes me uncomfortable, even though totally legit.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
My selling dealer told me yesterday used prices are actually going back up again due to huge new car shortages. My dealer has less than half of what he used to have in new cars. And it’s not going to be any better anytime soon.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Anyone ever sell a vehicle to them? They have offered me 80k for my 392 Rubicon...which is tempting. How is payment made and is it when title handed over or delayed? A bit nervous about giving a signed title and vehicle without payment in hand.
Sold my two previous vehicles to Carvana back in April. They had the best offers on mine at the time. Process was painless. You do all the prelim online. I elected to get paid electronically vs a check. They came and looked at my vehicles, explained the process, had me sign some paperwork, paid me electronically on the spot (they made sure I had gotten a text regarding payment), and then didn't need me any longer. They stayed around for about another 15 minutes taking more pics of the car and doing their admin type work on their tablet. The first guy had to have a tow company come because they are so busy that they don't have enough of those Carvana flatbeds available. The tow company showed up within an hour and loaded the car and took it away. Money was in my bank account the next morning.

Same process 3 days later when they came for my truck. The only difference was this guy had one of their rollbacks and loaded my truck right there and took it with him. Money in bank next morning.

Smooth and painless process.

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #14
Thanks for that information. Now have to decide how bad I need a TRX as compared to the Rubicon.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thanks for that information. Now have to decide how bad I need a TRX as compared to the Rubicon.
TRX would be a great move and could have fun for awhile and sell her back and not lose much😁

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
There's a dealer in Iowa....Granger that is supposed to be selling TRX's a few % under invoice. Someone mentioned it in another thread.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
The price difference between these companies is crazy Carvana offered 40k versus 53400 from Vroom for my low mileage 15 M6 Hellcat. I've been a proponent of GivemetheVin but I can't get their flaky buyer to email me back.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The price difference between these companies is crazy Carvana offered 40k versus 53400 from Vroom for my low mileage 15 M6 Hellcat. I've been a proponent of GivemetheVin but I can't get their flaky buyer to email me back.
Yeah, the values seem to change every few days among the various sites.

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #19
Carvana...80k, Vroom...61k. A bit of a difference I would say...

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Carvana...80k, Vroom...61k. A bit of a difference I would say...
Wait until you do this with a house!

We just sold our home to Zillow. They were offering crazy good deals. I shopped around 2 other iBuyers, Offerpad and Opendoor, and one of them came in $100k lower than Zillow!