Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Charger RE fans - enter at your own peril

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macedon
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Ehhh…I’d still rather drive the Dodge than have to be caught driving a Bowel Movement on Wheels. They do less than nothing for me.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
the throttle house vid was entertaining. I wish for once theyd all leave the paddle shifters the F alone, let the trans do what it does best, theyd prob get much better results

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I think the most profound thing that was said, (when describing the Charger) was, "Holy crap, is this car fun to drive!".

Isn't that what an enthusiast's car all about?

My 2 cents.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
There are other cars out there that do run well but the bmw does cost twice as much as the redeye and would be nowhere as fun to drive

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #6
Yeah was watching the parts where they were showing the BMW and it was almost boring. I think it may be too refined, although the performance speaks for itself. And I’m an avid BMW hater too.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Agree with the comments on BMW. I love mine for what I bought it for - making my bi-monthly 600 mile round trip to Vegas for flying.

The creature comforts are nice and I actually really like the iDrive setup but it's super boring to drive. Elicits absolutely zero emotions when driving. And so far it's been very easy and relatively cheap to maintain.

I thought I was going to replace my Hellcat with an M car but after driving many M3/M5s it came down to the fact that, while very nice, they just didn't put a smile on my face like the Hellcat did. I understand the new AWD M5 may be different.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I admired my german cars,
I love my Hellcat.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Did he seriously rip off a non-existent center console?

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Did he seriously rip off a non-existent center console?
Looked like the console lid came off

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'm seeing these things do 10.6's in the 1/4mi.(That's supposedly the '2021 CS. The earlier ones were like low 11's) How'd the RE lose by half a track on that straight run? I'm also seeing they're closer to 200K. (like $198K not $170K). Am I wrong on any of this?

Last edited:

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I'll take one of each please. If I have to pay for it...I'll keep my paid for non RE Charger.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm seeing these things do 10.6's in the 1/4mi.(That's supposedly the '2021 CS. The earlier ones were like low 11's) How'd the RE lose by half a track on the a straight run? I'm also seeing they're closer to 200K. (like $198K not $170K). Am I wrong on any of this?
I saw 200k also. Like I said twice as much, well more then twice as much;)

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Disappointing video for the Charger Redeye

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/07/b...ye-in-battle-of-the-performance-sedan-titans/
The guy in the Charger just cracks me up. ”Now let’s roll race because that’ll change nothing” 😂 The guy’s reaction is awesome.
WTF, the comments about there being storage in the freaking doors?! But AWD and superior launch control will rule the roost every day, all day. Did find it entertaining how they dished on the Challenger all day.

Not much dodge can do awd wise but if they got their head out of their ass, all the sensors are there, you could have a launch control system second to none in that car.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
the one common denominator across all these video reviews where they either do evals on the HC/Redeye/SS or comparisons vs higher dollar/higher end cars, whatever, is that they lament or complain its not a great track car and its a burnout machine and cheap interior, all kinds of other stuff, but EVERY ONE OF THEM, is smiling laughing and giggling like a kid while driving them. You dont see them doing that when driving much else. That speaks volumes. Yeah not the best track car, or not the fastest or not the best at x y z, but they cant wipe the grin off their faces or hide their sheer excitement during and after the test drives. THAT is what its about

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
the one common denominator across all these video reviews where they either do evals on the HC/Redeye/SS or comparisons vs higher dollar/higher end cars, whatever, is that they lament or complain its not a great track car and its a burnout machine and cheap interior, all kinds of other stuff, but EVERY ONE OF THEM, is smiling laughing and giggling like a kid while driving them. You dont see them doing that when driving much else. That speaks volumes. Yeah not the best track car, or not the fastest or not the best at x y z, but they cant wipe the grin off their faces or hide their sheer excitement during and after the test drives. THAT is what its about

Also you can buy two Hellcats for the price, and still have enough money left over for a solid week of hooker heaven. Fast cars, faster women, and the cash to enjoy both, makes for a happy man.

Ps. Incase anyone wonders, completely faithful to my wife from our first date. But many fond memories of civilian ladies, and pros, those flashbacks hit me occasionally, and get me remembering the old days. South American, and European Ladies, are wild and free, not so oppressed by the rules, or ashamed of their bodies.
Okay enough dreams, back to reality.

My point is that its odd to me when comparing stuff not in the same price range. I enjoy McDonald's food, but also enjoyed the expensive dinner I had a few nights ago in Reno. But I wouldn't compare them, one costs me $7 for an entire meal and beverage, the other was $95.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack