Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cold Air Intakes...

Markeith

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake Charles
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TrackHawk
I have a 2019 TH and I’m looking for a Cold Air Intake... Livernois has one ready to go now but Legmaker is about 4-6 week out on them... I’m tryin to see the pros and cons of the 2 units.... Any advice is appreciated... Thanks guys

Report •••

TrackhawkDave

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
I highly recommend getting the BWoody

OP
Markeith

Markeith

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake Charles
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TrackHawk
Thread Starter #3

TrackhawkDave

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk

Xavier84

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Idaho Falls
State
ID
Country
United States
I have a 2019 TH and I’m looking for a Cold Air Intake... Livernois has one ready to go now but Legmaker is about 4-6 week out on them... I’m tryin to see the pros and cons of the 2 units.... Any advice is appreciated... Thanks guys

Report •••
Try teambeefcakeracing.com. I just ordered a lmi for my 18 charger hc. I believe they have them in stock and I got free shipping. Saved me $25 over lmi's website.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If your stock you wont gain much if anything when it comes to HP there mostly for sound. With some mods and a tune then you will get something out of a CAI.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
If your stock you wont gain much if anything when it comes to HP there mostly for sound. With some mods and a tune then you will get something out of a CAI.
Will that gain include actual cold air? Or just potential access to more ambient air? I'd love to have an underhood weather machine that increased air density.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Will that gain include actual cold air? Or just potential access to more ambient air? I'd love to have an underhood weather machine that increased air density.
I just sold @Hpindy my Legmaker and he has mods he can give you the best answer. I think you will be surprised with his findings so far.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I just sold @Hpindy my Legmaker and he has mods he can give you the best answer. I think you will be surprised with his findings so far.
I have no "real" data yet . That will be done at the track . But as a observation on the street the LMI heats up the IAT's very quickly while stopped or moving reall slow but come down very quickly as well . One thing I have noticed the more you open the throttle blade the cooler the IAT's get . I'm not sure how far they will drop or how long it will last as going WOT on the street is quite dangerous to say the least .it does feel stronger but that could be a placebo affect I'm not sure. But I will data log each intake at least 3 times to get some hard data at the track. I'm not bias toward any intake . I want the one that functions best . What's on my mind is can the stock air box supply enough air for a modified engine ? If the car was stock this would be an issue for me . @motorhead

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The factory wouldn't have modified the intake on the Demon and 2019+ HC Challengers if it didn't have a benefit - when engineered correctly.

@Hpindy let me know if you are going to Napierville - I'll bring some 4" tube, couplers, filters, and velocity stacks.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The factory wouldn't have modified the intake on the Demon and 2019+ HC Challengers if it didn't have a benefit - when engineered correctly.

@Hpindy let me know if you are going to Napierville - I'll bring some 4" tube, couplers, filters, and velocity stacks.
The demon /2019 and up hellcat intake is pretty awesome . I would eventually love to get a demon hood with intake system. I think that would be perfect for what I have planned . In the mean time I will test the intakes I have planned just for the fun of it .

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
What is the status on the testing?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
What is the status on the testing?
I'm heading to the track this Sunday (September 22) and will hopefully do some flow testing next week .

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Cant wait to hear results since its judgement day. :)

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I'm going to do my best to test 3 intakes ( stock, LMI, and JLT) . Like I said I'm not partial to any I just want the best functioning intake .
On a side note it will only be for the rest of this season as I'm putting a carbon fiber demon hood with matching intake system on my car over the winter .

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
What ambient air temps do you usually see at the track that far north?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
What ambient air temps do you usually see at the track that far north?
I will have too look at my logs . I'm going to log ever run tomorrow so we will have see.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Every single cold air intake currently available for these cars share most of the same design characteristics. Therefore performance will be remarkably similar between/on stock and mildly modified vehicles.

The only intake that actually seals outside the compartment is the stock one. The jlt attempts to seal to a heat extractor. I can't imagine that would be all that good at speed.

Still I am interested in the results of this test. I already have a legmaker on the car and I did it mostly for looks and sound.

Last edited:

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I have been racing and hotrodding for over 50 years. I can't remember when I didn't install a better air cleaner except when I didn't have enough money. I realised many years ago the the engine decides how nuch air it needs. Do we know how much that is? Maybe. Many of us old guys figured give it all the air you can and let the engine take what it wants. I didn't always go faster using bigger air intakes; but I never went slower.

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Has anyone looked into fitting the new Redeye intake and related components to a 2015/16/17 Challenger? Wonder what the cost would be...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk