Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Coronavirus coming to get us?

Diboblo

500 Posts Club
Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
The journal Antiviral Research (Vol. 16, April 2020) confirms, in a paper, that the novel Coronavirus 2019 is a man made bioweapon, citing various "cleavage" points where MERS was attached, as well as other "gain of function" tweaks.

You can read an abstract, here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0166354220300528

This was also confirmed, by bioweapons expert Dr. Francis Boyle, who pointed to this study, in particular.

What the heck is going on, here?

Sheesh...

Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
From the CDC...

The sequences from U.S. patients are similar to the one that China initially posted, suggesting a likely single, recent emergence of this virus from an animal reservoir.

The sequence of the virus genome does not lie... like DNA evidence at a crime scene (although the Coronavirus is RNA). Anytime a virus genome is altered or mutates, it is very obvious.... and in this case the genome sequence shows it is zoonotic, but due to the ability of this virus to be spread through aerosol it is now being transmitted human to human via droplets.

Diboblo

500 Posts Club
Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
From the CDC...

The sequences from U.S. patients are similar to the one that China initially posted, suggesting a likely single, recent emergence of this virus from an animal reservoir.

The sequence of the virus genome does not lie... like DNA evidence at a crime scene (although the Coronavirus is RNA). Anytime a virus genome is altered or mutates, it is very obvious.... and in this case the genome sequence shows it is zoonotic, but due to the ability of this virus to be spread through aerosol it is now being transmitted human to human via droplets.
A quick read of the abstract I posted seems to put the CDC in question, as the study shows clear evidence of manipulation.

Whatever it is... it's out to get us.

Ugh.

Bob

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #284
Hang on to your guns boys. Marshal law could be coming.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #285
The only fun part in this is if it is truly Chinese made? Then it will be watching it take down its creator. This could be the true Frankenstein’s monster.

why2kmax

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger DG 1320
In the grander scheme of things, not only are we at risk healthwise, how about world economies? Society as a whole? You have a virus with this 20+ day incubation time and that can live over a week on a surface and its going to be difficult to stop and eradicate. That means quarantine for a month? Not just a few but thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Whole neighborhoods? Cities? Prob not impossible in china. but Free er western societies? ha!

As it spreads in CHina and more and more cities are affected, so too are the workers and manufacturing plants that make supply chain parts for things worldwide. No parts or shipments made, no one works on the other side of that supply chain, so what happens in The US,Europe, Asia etc when the one or 200 parts needed to make your factories widget are no longer available and there are no alternate sources readily available. Shut the plant down, everyone out of work? How long can workers and businesses last?

What happens if/when the virus spreads here and elsewhere and you cant go to work for a month. Some have alternate financial means but prob 90% of the worlds population put out of work wholesale will be devistating to country and world economies. Try to confine and entire town or suburb or city and what kind of social unrest are we looking at.

I've seen one video from a virologist saying that they think the first time you get the virus, if in healthy young people its not too bad, cold and flu symptoms. BUT you get infected the SECOND time and its far closer to lights out.. Third time? No idea how valid it is or if just fake news/fear mongering. IF true That would mean quarantine longer than a month. Got $$, or alternate forms of cash? Got a personal food supply and water to last a long while in a situation where you arent allowed to go out and get any, or there is no more to get? Got enough to defend it?

IF its that serious you know damn well no govt is going to let that info out. They will lie and downplay it to buy time. China controls everything on the internet that comes in and goes out. Think they will tell the truth? If its not a big deal, yeah probably, if it IS a big deal, you know they wont. Something to think about.

a lot of unknowns. Am I overthinking it?

TMAC

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
From a newsletter I subscribe to. Another subscriber who lives in Hong Kong wrote it...

“Dear Robert, I want to share some observations (they are just my observations) of the impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on the economy here (and China). I believe its greatly understated and we could be in for a major adjustment to global growth/markets.
1. The HK sky is always polluted, similar to LA or worse. The sky has been crystal clear like Montana skies since Chinese New Year. There is no Manufacturing going on in China (or greatly reduced).
2. I order a dozen ties online, later to find they are made in China. I just received a refund saying Corona Virus has impacted our business, here is your money back. It was “here is your money back”, not “your order will be delayed 2-4 weeks.”
3. Estimated visitors to HK is 30,000 last month compared to 400,000 a year ago.
4. Everyone is staying home, restaurants are empty and going out of business.
5. Hotels are below 10% occupancy in HK. We are on the edge of the true outbreak.

I believe the virus is having a big impact in China that will spill over into the Global economy. anyways, it is very interesting time. All the best”

1971demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
From a newsletter I subscribe to. Another subscriber who lives in Hong Kong wrote it...

“Dear Robert, I want to share some observations (they are just my observations) of the impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on the economy here (and China). I believe its greatly understated and we could be in for a major adjustment to global growth/markets.
1. The HK sky is always polluted, similar to LA or worse. The sky has been crystal clear like Montana skies since Chinese New Year. There is no Manufacturing going on in China (or greatly reduced).
2. I order a dozen ties online, later to find they are made in China. I just received a refund saying Corona Virus has impacted our business, here is your money back. It was “here is your money back”, not “your order will be delayed 2-4 weeks.”
3. Estimated visitors to HK is 30,000 last month compared to 400,000 a year ago.
4. Everyone is staying home, restaurants are empty and going out of business.
5. Hotels are below 10% occupancy in HK. We are on the edge of the true outbreak.

I believe the virus is having a big impact in China that will spill over into the Global economy. anyways, it is very interesting time. All the best”
The most important thing that always must be preserved...COMMERCE ..not clean air..global warming..human rights..religion..education...it all takes a back seat to Commerce...don't believe it??...then your not payin attention

Last edited:

Markp

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaughan, Ontario
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES
Currently Infected Patients
40,316 (78%)
in Mild Condition
11,569 (22%)
Serious or Critical

CLOSED CASES
Cases which had an outcome:
25,057 (91%)
Recovered / Discharged
2,619 (9%)
Deaths

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Thinks are starting to get scary...I hope everyone has a bug-out strategy.

DGatzby

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
This is going to be a PIA, and very painful, but steps need to be taken to isolate ourselves, sooner rather than later. Yesterday it was China, today it hits Italy severely.

Remember when someone said three years ago that:

1) our Nation's security is a firm border, where we need to know and approve EVERYONE coming in?

2) our dependence on one big country for the majority of imports is a National Security problem??

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pottstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Challenger
Stock market is going to get sporty methinks.

1582556251182.png
1582556268146.png

jroyk

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
If that's sporty, I guess my winter beater '05 Trailblazer is too.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pottstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Challenger
Sporty as in Sarajevo Bob Sled sporty.

Last edited:

Markp

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaughan, Ontario
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
World edges closer to coronavirus pandemic
Analysis by Fergus Walsh, medical correspondent

The combined situation in South Korea, Iran and Italy points to the early stages of pandemic. This means a global outbreak, with the coronavirus spreading in the community in multiple parts of the world.

In each of these countries we are seeing spread of the virus with no connection to China. The lockdown efforts in Italy mirror those that have happened in China.

The situation in Iran is especially worrying because the health authorities have reportedly said the virus has spread to multiple cities, and it appears the first case in Lebanon is linked to a traveller from Iran.

If we have a pandemic, it will still be important to limit the speed of spread of the virus. If countries could hold it somewhat at bay until the end of winter, there is a hope that warmer temperatures will reduce the time the virus can survive in the air, as we see with seasonal flu. But this may not be certain.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51603251

TMAC

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
If the predictions are true, and it does eventually impact 60% of the world population (currently estimated at 7.8 billion), even a 5% fatality rate (which looks low) is 200 million+.
The 1918 Spanish flu epidemic killed 20-50 million.

Diboblo

500 Posts Club
Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
KFI Los Angeles is reporting the transport of 50 U.S. citizens removed from a cruise ship, who have tested positive for Novel Wuhan Coronavirus 2019, has been stopped by a court order.

They are at Travis AFB and were to be moved to SoCal.

Bob