Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Daily driver issue....

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #81
Jeremy Satera. He did all the mechanical work on the car. He owns Tim's old shop. They work together with builds/tunes, and I Tim and I chatted about the move. Tim has tuned it since 2017, but with what recently happened with the car and having a new setup, I want full advantage of it all "right now". No more waiting lol.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I thought they were offering all of this for sale on a diablo platform currently?

Did they speak of the exact issue or is it to do with the year of the PCM or something?

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #83
From what I understand it's just a tune issue with Diablo. It won't accept the desired changes that are being requested. Updates are coming, but when is the question. I personally have had zero issues with Diablo other than their T2 being far behind their T1000 as far as what I want it to do goes.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I cant say I'm at all disappointed with HPT. Curt has my car running really good on the street.

I wanted to switch to true flex and HO but the cost of doing so over just say...mounting an 11" tablet to flash on the fly is pretty steep. I've had conversations with AJ about the abilities of both platforms. I dont think there's enough to be gained for me at this point.

I'm still staying tuned for numbers. I looked up your short block. I'm impressed by those guys.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #85
I cant say I'm at all disappointed with HPT. Curt has my car running really good on the street.

I wanted to switch to true flex and HO but the cost of doing so over just say...mounting an 11" tablet to flash on the fly is pretty steep. I've had conversations with AJ about the abilities of both platforms. I dont think there's enough to be gained for me at this point.

I'm still staying tuned for numbers. I looked up your short block. I'm impressed by those guys.
yes they seem to do great work

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
What is your max rev during break in? Just curious.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #87
Not sure to be honest. I was told to bring it up to 4500 and let it engine brake down. I've done that a few times. I'm also using the paddles a lot for street driving to let the motor do most of the work. I will be changing the oil at the 200-300 mile mark. I'm fairly confident it's broken in by now.

Other small issue is I keep getting a fresh coolant smell from somewhere. Can't spot any visual leaks other than residual coolant that splashed all over from both systems being pressure filled. I'm very OCD with fluid levels and notice the engine coolant dropping about 1/4". I just topped it off again to see what happens. Shop who put it together thinks if it is actually leaking, it would most likely be the heater core o-ring by the blower or the water pump. Like I said, can't see anything leaking anywhere, but the smell is "fresh". Engine oil looks good, no smell or mixing of colors of coolant getting in.

Plan is to get it back to the shop end of the week and have them give it a once over. Then it get's tuned for boost and NOS.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I had a pinhole leak on one of the hard lines for the intercooler as well as a pinhole leak on the intercooler/radiator (so says the Dodge tech) ... they replaced both, the smell went away.

Neither of the "holes" ever left a puddle under the car. It was small enough to let coolant out under pressure, but not so much that it would puddle anywhere I could see it. They say they saw where the coolant was basically burning off I guess. I could smell it, I'm sensitive to that - much like you - but I never actually found the leak myself.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #89
I had a pinhole leak on one of the hard lines for the intercooler as well as a pinhole leak on the intercooler/radiator (so says the Dodge tech) ... they replaced both, the smell went away.

Neither of the "holes" ever left a puddle under the car. It was small enough to let coolant out under pressure, but not so much that it would puddle anywhere I could see it. They say they saw where the coolant was basically burning off I guess. I could smell it, I'm sensitive to that - much like you - but I never actually found the leak myself.
Yea I would think I would see something on the belly pan if that were the case. I'll keep you posted.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Were you losing coolant though over time? I would imagine you were, you're just saying it never left a leak under the car right?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Good move. Sounds healthy

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Were you losing coolant though over time? I would imagine you were, you're just saying it never left a leak under the car right?
I only noticed I was losing coolant after I got it back from the dealer the first time and it was worse!
Initially, I wasn’t losing enough to notice or cause alarm.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #93
Jeremy who owns Sateratuning did a killer job. If you read my last post, you knew about me having a mechanical issue and deciding to shore up some stuff while I was there. Brought it back today. Car drives great. Will be going back to dial in the nitrous tune next month most likely. My old setup made this power on 3lbs more boost. The headers and cam brought down the boost. We are shifting this at 6700+ due to the motor being able to handle it. Last time out at the track I was only seeing 6200 shifts. I look forward to letting it rip. Jeremy is a great shop owner and an excellent tuner. His customer service is there and actually answers questions when you have them. The car also runs on his new flex fuel setup. The graph you see has 3 pulls, e85 top, e70 middle, and e55 bottom. Car adjusts timing on the fly. I can run 93 if I want on this setup, but with my little pulley I won't go WOT on it. We "probably" could do it with the car being very conservative on boost compared to where it was, but the power is made with the corn.

22973978-6D97-4CDF-96E5-FA575139E7B4.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
75 horse difference with E85 is pretty crazy. I also would have expected more from E55. I was under the impression the difference in E50 and E85 wasn't all that much octane wise. Nice comparison!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
75 horse difference with E85 is pretty crazy. I also would have expected more from E55. I was under the impression the difference in E50 and E85 wasn't all that much octane wise. Nice comparison!
Depends on how aggressive the timing is on the E85. Could be a very conservative tune on E55 also.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #96
I'm sure the timing is fairly low on the e50, I agree with your impression and e50 is pretty close to 100 octane I believe. The "best" timing comes in though when the ethanol is better.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #97
Another cool feature is onboard ethanol content....

D0139076-E7B2-45BF-A548-01BCFB2C5056_1_201_a.jpeg

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Another cool feature is onboard ethanol content....

View attachment 13915
What is that input normally supposed to show since its blacked out? Lol.

I figured he had to hijack something to make it work.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Straight ethanol percentage by volume?

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #100
What is that input normally supposed to show since its blacked out? Lol.

I figured he had to hijack something to make it work.
IAT