Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealership Stuntin'?

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Okay, be honest, how many of you do this?

Car shopping with the wifey over the weekend and was looking at the 2020 Jeeps when I heard some guy blast around the corner in a WB RE. This dealership area has a full circle road on the inside and buddy looped it about 3 times before before pulling into the dealership. He then proceeds to rev a few times coming in, then backing into a spot right infront of the salesmen. Jumps out the car with his lady and proceeds to yell out (while looking like the wacky inflatable arm flailing tube man) "I don't need any help, just looking!"

However, it wasn't just this guy doing that. In the course of about an hour, 2 non-WB Hellcats did the same thing, with one of them also pulling into the dealership, revving, then getting back on the road.

All of these guys, are middle aged. Think retired hawaiian attire, complete with velcro sandals (nice weather in California).

This is cringey as hell.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Not sure I follow any of that. Sounds weird to me. What is stuntin?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Car shopping with the wifey over the weekend and was looking at the 2020 Jeeps when I heard some guy blast around the corner in a WB RE. This dealership area has a full circle road on the inside and buddy looped it about 3 times before before pulling into the dealership. He then proceeds to rev a few times coming in, then backing into a spot right infront of the salesmen. Jumps out the car with his lady and proceeds to yell out (while looking like the wacky inflatable arm flailing tube man) "I don't need any help, just looking!"

However, it wasn't just this guy doing that. In the course of about an hour, 2 non-WB Hellcats did the same thing, with one of them also pulling into the dealership, revving, then getting back on the road.

All of these guys, are middle aged. Think retired hawaiian attire, complete with velcro sandals (nice weather in California).

This is cringey as hell.
but......when they were going around the loop.....were they drifting and leaving a smoke trail? cuz...then it'd be cool...you know....like the commercials :LOL::LOL:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I stay away from dealerships, so I wouldn't know if people do dumb stuff like that.

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
All of these guys, are middle aged. Think retired hawaiian attire, complete with velcro sandals
This is literally how I see the whole forum.

OP
Phizzle

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Not sure I follow any of that. Sounds weird to me. What is stuntin?
Stuntin' - slang for showing off/looking cool.

Basically a bunch of old guys showing off to young salesmen. For whatever reason, this seems to be very common.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Basically a bunch of old guys showing off to young salesmen. For whatever reason, this seems to be very common.
Weird behavior, I've never seen anything like that.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

hhhmmmmm.....do these old guys all have young strippers with them? that might explain some of it :p

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I'm always Stuntin' here (at least trying to). [burnout][coolsmile][cool]

My purchasing dealer doesn't allow for test drives until after your credit check...so they say. I bought mine without driving it.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
At the Ford dealer the guys whip the Mustangs around like that and usually run over a few sales guys in the process.

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Stuntin' IS a habit, or so I've heard.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Stormy that is how we old guys treat our strippers,,, very good. What is wrong with this forum. I don't have the vel crow on my sandals, but I've got the white sox look going on. But the 6 speed is a bit challenging with flops on. Loader,,, that comment is from what particular retro spect?? Not enough shine??

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I stay away from dealerships, so I wouldn't know if people do dumb stuff like that.
they wouldn't know what to think anyway, here comes jimmy is a loud ass hellcat that looks like an sxt 🤣🤣🤣. I wonder if they would make you park with the v6s at mopar meets lol.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Stormy that is how we old guys treat our strippers,,, very good. What is wrong with this forum. I don't have the vel crow on my sandals, but I've got the white sox look going on. But the 6 speed is a bit challenging with flops on. Loader,,, that comment is from what particular retro spect?? Not enough shine??
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything from the middle aged guy kit.......hawaiian shirt...check.....retro muscle car...check.....strippers as seat ornaments...check.......but there ain't no way I'm gettin those velcro sandals.....nope...not gonna happen :)

I am however very interested in summa dat shine :)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

This is cringey as hell.
unrelated but I'm driving around a college town when I see this b5 blue hellcat turn right in front of me (he made a sharp turn and his rear end slid really quick, I'm like cool I see hellcat logos on his fender.....and then I see his rear bumper it's a fkn sxt bumper. and I'm here like 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

We pull into the parking lot, I just look at him and shake my head, we walk in different directions. wish I could have gotten a pic, he put srt in the front grille and everything.

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
This is literally how I see the whole forum.
We’re supposed to wear sandals? Caramba, I’ve been going stunting, barefooted all this time. The shame of it all....:mad:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
they wouldn't know what to think anyway, here comes jimmy is a loud ass hellcat that looks like an sxt 🤣🤣🤣. I wonder if they would make you park with the v6s at mopar meets lol.
Not only that, but I'm apparently missing all the personal accoutrements.
Wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and boots, I'd be lucky to get to park with the mechanic's personal cars, I guess.

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Not only that, but I'm apparently missing all the personal accoutrements.
Wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and boots, I'd be lucky to get to park with the mechanic's personal cars, I guess.
Turn in ur membership aarpHCF.org card in. lol:D

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wait till you get that vel crow stuck on the floor matt between clutch and brake. Yee Haaa here we go. Have to wear colored sox,,, just not white. Or G & N socks. Got my sandals stuck in the pedals while the ex was out of town. Woke up in jail for 3 days and a totaled car. Garage door was splintered and missed the H/C. You say, oh that happens at times being in your 30's. This happened 2 years ago and still paying for that retention wall.