Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Deciding this weekend whether to return the Hellcat or keep it

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Lease ends at end of month. USAA will loan at 3.69% on it because its "used." I'm going to throw a couple of thousand at it as well because I mis-remembered my residual, though it was 43.5 but is actually 45.5. No tax on the purchase (as noted elsewhere, in Texas full tax paid at lease inception, and credited to Chyrsler, but if you buy at the end, credited to you). That added 3.69% raised my payments $75, but so what.

Option two - return the car, pay whatever fees, etc... in two years, get Charger RE.

LR

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Keep it. 3.69% is a great rate. Pretty sure RE Charger will be 100k+, which I remember you stating would not pay that price for that (nor would I). My .02...

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
3.7% - not bad at all. I remember years back buying a new car at 9.5% and thinking it was a great deal!! That being said, I've never leased a car so I'm not familiar with what you've paid already for it....

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I am in the same boat. My buyout is $43K. Not sure what to do...

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Keep it and mod it!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Go Goody

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stuart
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
Can you negotiate with the lease buyout

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Lease ends at end of month. USAA will loan at 3.69% on it because its "used." I'm going to throw a couple of thousand at it as well because I mis-remembered my residual, though it was 43.5 but is actually 45.5. No tax on the purchase (as noted elsewhere, in Texas full tax paid at lease inception, and credited to Chyrsler, but if you buy at the end, credited to you). That added 3.69% raised my payments $75, but so what.

Option two - return the car, pay whatever fees, etc... in two years, get Charger RE.

LR
According to what people are saying, CC is now offering $7k off your residual to buy it out due to COVID/backlog of turn ins waiting/auction bloat. Strike while the irons hot!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I could not. You call and get a payoff amount.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

LR
use that 7k incentive to buyout, you can even try and negotiate more of an incentive.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
According to what people are saying, CC is now offering $7k off your residual to buy it out due to COVID/backlog of turn ins waiting/auction bloat. Strike while the irons hot!
I called today and was told there is no such incentive...I thought that was odd with what I've heard..They said it might be a dealer deal so who knows.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I called today and was told there is no such incentive...I thought that was odd with what I've heard..They said it might be a dealer deal so who knows.
Hmmmmmmmm. That is odd. A couple members hear/other site are saying it was offered and the CC rep said it was a new program.

I would think if true, there would be more talk online and/or articles from auto sites bringing up the situation.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmmm. That is odd. A couple members hear/other site are saying it was offered and the CC rep said it was a new program.

I would think if true, there would be more talk online and/or articles from auto sites bringing up the situation.
Tell me about it. I mention that others had got an incentive for their residual and she checked and said nope. Then said it might be a dealer thing. I was sort of shocked..lol

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger

I will call CC and see whats up.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I will call CC and see whats up.
If they say yes get a name please. My person was clueless

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
3.7% - not bad at all. I remember years back buying a new car at 9.5% and thinking it was a great deal!! That being said, I've never leased a car so I'm not familiar with what you've paid already for it....
I got in at 0% during the Great Dodge Get Them The **** Off The Lot Sale.

Last edited:

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Following this closely. My Daytona is up in May. My son is eager to buy it out but the residual is higher than he'd like. Mine is thru US Bank though. But if other lenders are possibly incentivizing buyouts, it doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
no, at least not with the lease deal I got at 0%. Most companies won't leave it open to negotiation (because they use accounting and actuarial methods to make sure they get a minimum guaranteed profit out of the deal and leaving it open to any negotiation is anathema for that). They don't want to mess with it. Also, in Texas, if the residual is not fixed at the inception of the lease, you don't get the tax-credit / no tax purchase at the end.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
Who specifically at CC are you hearing this from? I've been talking with them and not got that at all. But, I have not been talking with them about "buying" through them.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

LR
Mag...I would have to say...if the cars in reasonably good shape...and not have 100,000 miles on it two years from now...I would keep it...the only down side risk...being liquid when the fire sales start of guys that HAVE to bail out...and trust me ...there commin