Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 review

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
very cool and very sad at the same time for me to watch. what a car! AND no f-ing good reason for it to end if it weren't for the woke evil commie morons :mad:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Jay looks a bit sad too...maybe he's not fully healed?

The car is spectacular tho....no denying that. I cant wait. Even Jay is giggling uncontrollably, lol

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
very cool and very sad at the same time for me to watch. what a car! AND no f-ing good reason for it to end if it weren't for the woke evil commie morons :mad:
Yes it is truly sad knowing this is coming to an end. Aside from all the BS surrounding sales of these it’s cool to see a company that has the balls to make something like this. Too bad they made the ending such a shit show.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I always enjoy Jay’s interviews because they’re like just a couple buddies hanging out and bullshitting😊
Yes this is still very sad☹️😟

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #6
Sad way to end the hellcat

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think we are a long ways from the end.
The 3rd gen Hemi in this iteration is over 10 years old now. Its time for a new V8.
2035 is the California (and others cut off) and Biden is trying to make it 2027 but I don't think that will be achieved.
GM new V8 and 9th generation Corvette. Camaro Six is done but they said it would be back.

Dodge said Hellcat/Hemi is dead. While the I6 is with 510hp is nice, they have a drag pak variant at mid 1000s HP. And I believe a 3rd gen Demon will come with that engine.

Ford claims/projects that sales of the F150 lighting will offset their entire portfolio cafe fleet mpg.
GM wants to be the EV leader and has lots of offerings on deck in the next couple of years to potentially pull it off.

So if the EV push gets these car manufacturers into the green light zone, what is stopping them from making a new V8. But not just a new V8 but twin turbos or super charged 600hp, 700hp, 800+ hp!!! These cars are gravy in the margin department. But they had to get really serious about making electrics work.
So we have a bit of a dark ages but I believe it will be brief.

I think we see more killer ICE cars before 2035. The HD trucks need engines too and the towing with EV is laughable right now.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
The 3rd gen Hemi in this iteration is over 10 years old now. Its time for a new V8.
2035 is the California (and others cut off) and Biden is trying to make it 2027 but I don't think that will be achieved.
GM new V8 and 9th generation Corvette. Camaro Six is done but they said it would be back.

Dodge said Hellcat/Hemi is dead. While the I6 is with 510hp is nice, they have a drag pak variant at mid 1000s HP. And I believe a 3rd gen Demon will come with that engine.

Ford claims/projects that sales of the F150 lighting will offset their entire portfolio cafe fleet mpg.
GM wants to be the EV leader and has lots of offerings on deck in the next couple of years to potentially pull it off.

So if the EV push gets these car manufacturers into the green light zone, what is stopping them from making a new V8. But not just a new V8 but twin turbos or super charged 600hp, 700hp, 800+ hp!!! These cars are gravy in the margin department. But they had to get really serious about making electrics work.

I think we see more killer ICE cars before 2035. The HD trucks need engines too and the towing with EV is laughable right now.
I've heard from sources inside Stellantis that certain government officials are throwing their weight around behind the scenes to make selling ICE vehicles very costly if they don't comply with their EV mandates. You get what you vote for...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)

Well GM and Ford are in VERY different "boats" than Dodge. Dodge has been putting its middle finger up and paying HUGE fines since 2015 apparently (Tim and other sources). So while GM and Ford are gradually going into the HP V8 night, Dodge is jumping off a cliff.
Sure, if you want a TT V6 there could be some more ICE in sight. Guess I am much more interested in V8 grunt. I liked the V6 90's TT era but it never came close to what V8s bring to the table esp SC V8s. And I think we can definitely put a nail in that for Dodge (and likely GM and Ford) starting as early as next year (Camaro is already slated for death).

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I've heard from sources inside Stellantis that certain government officials are throwing their weight around behind the scenes to make selling ICE vehicles very costly if they don't comply with their EV mandates. You get what you vote for...
I've been following.
49% CO2 reduction by 2027.
Problem, Biden puts in a tax rebate of $7,500 and Ford ups the price of their Lightning by.....you guess it, $7,500!

American's can't afford these cars anyway. Average family makes 60-70k/yr. Good luck buying a Lightning.
I mean those dealers need their capitalist profits too!:rolleyes:

Its all half baked. And the US had no issues competing with OPEC when they were allowed to.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Well GM and Ford are in VERY different "boats" than Dodge. Dodge has been putting its middle finger up and paying HUGE fines since 2015 apparently (Tim and other sources). So while GM and Ford are gradually going into the HP V8 night, Dodge is jumping off a cliff.
Sure, if you want a TT V6 there could be some more ICE in sight. Guess I am much more interested in V8 grunt. I liked the V6 90's TT era but it never came close to what V8s bring to the table esp SC V8s. And I think we can definitely put a nail in that for Dodge (and likely GM and Ford) starting as early as next year (Camaro is already slated for death).
I raced imports from high school through my 20s. And all because my dad didn't think it was a good idea to buy a Grand National :rolleyes:

I get the V8 rumble. Thats always been my first love. But im not married to it.
If Dodge has the second coming of the 2JZ engine with this Hurricane engine, i'm excited.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I've been following.
Problem, Biden puts in a tax rebate of $7,500 and Ford ups the price of their Lightning by.....you guess it, $7,500!

American's can't afford these cars anyway. Average family makes 60-70k/yr. Good luck buying a Lightning.

Its all half baked. And the US had no issues competing with OPEC when they were allowed to.
It's not just Brandon. It's other cronies in the background. And it doesn't matter if American's can't afford EV's, the boys will make sure banks will allow you borrow money longer and give them a higher "climate" score. The banks will fail from people defaulting on EV loans and you guessed it. We will bail the banks out again

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #13
I personally don't know anyone who voted for these idiots in office

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Inline 6 is what the chirping birds are saying

More exiting news is the Frunk on the new Ram Truck (n)

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Unfortunately I do. Let’s just say that politics aren’t a topic to bring up at family gatherings 😂

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
It's not just Brandon. It's other cronies in the background. And it doesn't matter if American's can't afford EV's, the boys will make sure banks will allow you borrow money longer and give them a higher "climate" score. The banks will fail from people defaulting on EV loans and you guessed it. We will bail the banks out again
I know. I'm just wondering if enough Americans will actually play ball to hit these numbers.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Unfortunately I do. Let’s just say that politics aren’t a topic to bring up at family gatherings 😂
I know this all too well.

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #18
Shame you can't get some good sense in their head. Brain washed by the media

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've been following.

Congressman or some such here in TN was interviewed the other day. He stated that if we eliminated every gasoline powered car in the U.S. it would have a 2% impact on green house gasses world wide. I didn't fact check it, but...

His point is that we're not ready for a full conversion to EV. Here in TN most everyone hates Biden and our legislature is passing laws left and right to call a man a man, a woman a woman, constitutional carry is passed, etc and I love living here. Let states like CA go ahead with that nonsense and leave us out of it.

This is already happening. World news last night had a story on car repos up something like 300% and analysts stated inflation and these crazy interest rates were the cause. I don't think much of mainstream media, but this one seems to be the least bias that I've found on "normal" channels.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/more-americans-at-risk-of-car-repossession-170854469643

I know 2. One heavily regrets their decision and the other is hiding in his basement. When I hear people talking about it I just say "hey have you taken a look around since Biden took office?".

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
"Here in TN most everyone hates Biden and our legislature is passing laws left and right to call a man a man, a woman a woman, constitutional carry is passed, etc and I love living here."

Agreed.. x1000