Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon down ...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Being serious, I'd put the value in the range of ~$20-30k, and only if it will turn over/run.
The official advert says "runs / drives"

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I wood say No and No.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Final offer. 17 dollars, half my burger, and TWO sips of my soda drink. Not one. TWO sips.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
That is not a Demon vin for sure

Demon VIN would be JH xxxxxx
You are correct!

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Build date says 10/19??????

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #27
This Demon is real, the sticker is fake since it was a stolen car. Copart has the real VIN but you have to have an account to see it all.

2C3CDZH94JH******

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Pretty ballsy. Must have good dodge planned [no pun intended] bc that should be easy to trace back. Probably used so.w dumbass as a cut out w a sob story. My grandpa had it and paid for it in full but when he died in the fire the title and registration have all the paperwork burned. Please buy it from me at 25% of its value I just want to get rid of it I can't look at it anymore it reminds me of him..... duh, ok. Let me get the cash.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Does the VIN not read off of the digital security systems in these cars?

OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #30
Does the VIN not read off of the digital security systems in these cars?
For sure. Plus it's stamped on the passenger side shock tower among other spots.

I imagine the VIN sticker and window tag are faked purely for visual inspection. The gig is up as soon as an OBD reader is hooked up (or a tuner, I can't remember but a tuner like a Diablosport on older cars like my Magnum work off the VIN).

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
For sure. Plus it's stamped on the passenger side shock tower among other spots.

I imagine the VIN sticker and window tag are faked purely for visual inspection. The gig is up as soon as an OBD reader is hooked up (or a tuner, I can't remember but a tuner like a Diablosport on older cars like my Magnum work off the VIN).[/QUOT

ABSOLUTELY is a stolen car. My friend just got his Hellcat back from being confiscated by the State Police. He bought a used Hellcat at a good price, with accompanying paperwork and went right down to DMV the next day. DMV did an inspection and passed it. Year and a half later, he moved his residence and did a change of address with the DMV for his vehicles. Week and a half later, he got a call from the State Police, wanting to come and have a look at his car. Through my previous career, I helped verify these cops as legit. He invited them over; there were a number of questions and a short inspection; then they told him they need to take the car (now); tow truck is waiting around the corner. They had the car for an excruciating 30-45 days and then put him in touch with the original insurance company who had insured the car and covered the loss. The Police were convinced this guy was a victim and the insurance company felt the same way. They (still the real, legal owners) sold the car to him for a very fair price and he got it back. The police had removed the fake dash VIN tag; the fake door VIN tag and installed a "blue label" VIN tag on the B pillar with the original, correct VIN. They gave him paperwork to go back to the DMV for legitimate registration. DMV performed a simple VIN correction in their system and issued a new title with correct VIN. He did not have to pay any more fees, get another smog check, or anything else. I'd say the cops, the insurance company and the DMV all treated him very kindly. I think there's probably a LOT of Hellcats and maybe Demons out there that are not legitimately owned.

Last edited:

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
2 packs of crackers, 3 beers, two hot dogs and $57 cash. For the demon with the broken nose. Plus I’ll throw in a tote bag, a cup of clam chowder and some weed edibles.. so you can feel good about making a bad deal 😂.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
2 packs of crackers, 3 beers, two hot dogs and $57 cash. For the demon with the broken nose. Plus I’ll throw in a tote bag, a cup of clam chowder and some weed edibles.. so you can feel good about making a bad deal 😂.
Make it 18 Beers !
[cheers]

OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #34
I'm surprised it's still available. Looks like it will be up for auction at a yet to be disclosed date.

About Upcoming Lots
Vehicles with sale dates displaying “Upcoming Lots” are NOT assigned to an auction yet. They are also NOT eligible for bidding yet. They can, however, be added to Members’ Watchlists so Members can keep track of when sale dates have been assigned and vehicles are ready for bidding.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm surprised it's still available. Looks like it will be up for auction at a yet to be disclosed date.

About Upcoming Lots
Vehicles with sale dates displaying “Upcoming Lots” are NOT assigned to an auction yet. They are also NOT eligible for bidding yet. They can, however, be added to Members’ Watchlists so Members can keep track of when sale dates have been assigned and vehicles are ready for bidding.

Damn, taking their time.

I was just going to post and ask how much it went for.