Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Diesel Tuner Gets Year In Prison

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Trailer brakes do indeed fail. Maybe not often, but it may only take once.

Bought a used gooseneck 40' flatbed a while back, dragged it home some 150 miles on twisty and hilly roads...going a wee bit fast as usual.

Well, got to a stop sign in town, almost home, and the stopping was nothing like it should've been. Once past the stop sign I tried the manual activation. Nothing.

Thanks to, or because of, the excellent exhaust brake on the Ram I hadn't noticed the lack of trailer brakes for over 100 miles. But if something had happened along he way, it could've got ugly. Having to abort passing a car because of oncoming traffic, for example. Or the road littered with elk after a blind curve.

That trailer probably weighs only about 8,000 lbs., so technically it could've been towed with 1500.
But I was sure glad I was in a long wheelbase 3500 that weighs 9,400 lbs. or the trailer could've pushed me through the corner and past the stop sign.
Littered with ELK???...WTF..we get a squirrel...a racoon...and an occasional deer...:p:p

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Around here, deer is most common, and year around, followed by elk which is a bit more seasonal. If there's a herd of over 60 of them, you pretty much have to stop. Now.

Free range cattle is a distant third, being very seasonal. Besides, if you don't notice the cattle guards and/or signs, you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Around here, deer is most common, and year around, followed by elk which is a bit more seasonal. If there's a herd of over 60 of them, you pretty much have to stop. Now.

Free range cattle is a distant third, being very seasonal. Besides, if you don't notice the cattle guards and/or signs, you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.
Ben Cartwright aint got nothin on you..:p

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
The government only gave a shit cause he was evading his Taxes. Otherwise they would't have given a ratts ass. The EPA stuff was just added to his Tax evasion.