Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DMV

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If you were to buy a new Redeye in Colorado your registration fees could easily be 1100 plus dollars. That doesn't include sales tax which is another 7 plus percent. We have the Tax Payers Bill of Rights here which requires governments to get voter approval to raise taxes. Their way around this is to raise fees and our registration fees in particular are obscene.

That's awesome I would love for them to do the same in Colorado. I would gladly pay a small fee not to have to deal with the DMV office.
Holy Shit! Do you have to renew every year? I was excited because we legalized Marijuana so lots of extra tax dollars to cut down this crap! Guess they will take everything they can from us.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Finally got curious enough to check...$59.26 is what I paid for the latest registration on my '18.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If you were to buy a new Redeye in Colorado your registration fees could easily be 1100 plus dollars.

$70k will get you ~$1400 in registration fees, this is assuming you're not in the 3/4T truck category, then it's even more...

:(

:mad:

:(

Wait, this is more accurate...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Holy Shit! Do you have to renew every year? I was excited because we legalized Marijuana so lots of extra tax dollars to cut down this crap! Guess they will take everything they can from us.

It goes down a chunk each year, but not by much...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
$70k will get you ~$1400 in registration fees, this is assuming you're not in the 3/4T truck category, then it's even more...
My '17 3500 (14,000 GVWR) is a whopping $112.35.