Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Charger the KING of all American Sedans damn glad I’m back in one!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yes this is the exact quote per Car and Driver and since it has been written it is the Gospel:cool:. And of course everyone knows in today’s media social communication once it’s written it’s gods truth:p. In all sincereness the Dodge Charger is one of the last American Sedans being built since Ford has abandoned ship on its car line with the exception of the Mustang. Cadillac is out and Chevy well hmm it’s a Chevy yawn and the article references the BMW M5 comparison so many times I mean that really sums it up being the BMW crowd just got smoked:D. This is the exact quote from the article.
America's Greatest Sedan
After five years, Dodge has figured out a way to improve the Charger Hellcat without really changing much. And with Cadillac discontinuing the CTS-V, this is now definitively America's greatest high-performance sedan, and the undisputed king of the four-door tire-burners.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a30622605/2020-dodge-charger-hellcat-widebody-by-the-numbers/
9E688151-BD62-4871-AA91-FD3719203607.jpeg 1AEE8FE7-B588-4829-AD79-168869D74F9A.jpeg 719A0B7B-69AE-4A70-9CA9-A10D48A66013.jpeg
731D62E5-64AB-410F-B9B8-6EFB3FDF660C.jpeg

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Hell yea man, without a doubt the Charger is king!!

Charger was firing off the godly noise of a V8 while the M5 pumps synthetic noise through the speakers to give the illusion you're in something "racey" :LOL:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
[twothumb]agree.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yes this is the exact quote per Car and Driver and since it has been written it is the Gospel:cool:. And of course everyone knows in today’s media social communication once it’s written it’s gods truth:p. In all sincereness the Dodge Charger is one of the last American Sedans being built since Ford has abandoned ship on its car line with the exception of the Mustang. Cadillac is out and Chevy well hmm it’s a Chevy yawn and the article references the BMW M5 comparison so many times I mean that really sums it up being the BMW crowd just got smoked:D. This is the exact quote from the article.
America's Greatest Sedan
After five years, Dodge has figured out a way to improve the Charger Hellcat without really changing much. And with Cadillac discontinuing the CTS-V, this is now definitively America's greatest high-performance sedan, and the undisputed king of the four-door tire-burners.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a30622605/2020-dodge-charger-hellcat-widebody-by-the-numbers/
View attachment 10932 View attachment 10934 View attachment 10935
View attachment 10936
Is Cadillac really out? I thought they are renaming the CTS-V. Either way....I still like the Charger better....but I'm a little biased about that :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
4 is always more than 2

beavis_and_butthead_by_levymetal.gif

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Is Cadillac really out? I thought they are renaming the CTS-V. Either way....I still like the Charger better....but I'm a little biased about that :)
I am certain that I too am biased, but...
My wife and I have his and hers Hellcats. In our travels, I occasionally encounter her in her Charger HC coming around a bend. The very first thought I have is , OMG what is THAT!? (it is a striking Yellow Jacket with carbon stripes)
Second thought is, oh thats my wife.
There are great sedans in the world, but none of them..Porsche, BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Infinity, Lexus, Tesla, etc... none of them give that instant visual impact. And then, if course there is the actual driving experience. So yea I'm biased, but I think the Charger HC is the current king of all sedans.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
My wife and I have his and hers Hellcats. In our travels, I occasionally encounter her in her Charger HC coming around a bend. The very first thought I have is , OMG what is THAT!? (it is a striking Yellow Jacket with carbon stripes)
There are great sedans in the world, but none of them..Porsche, BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Infinity, Lexus, Tesla, etc... none of them give that instant visual impact. And then, if course there is the actual driving experience. So yea I'm biased, but I think the Charger HC is the current king of all sedans.
My 2014 Charger was way more fun to drive than the E-Class Mercedes it replaced.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
If money wasn't an issue I'd add a Charger Hellcat Widebody to the fleet. I love the Charger Hellcat!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
America's Greatest Sedan

View attachment 10932 View attachment 10934 View attachment 10935
View attachment 10936
You are really loving @ChargerChallenger that new Charger aren’t you! Anything else just seems like it is not as nice! Love mine too but halfway decided to sell it in order to downsize. A3558D3C-5DD2-4903-90E2-E8A8B66264C9.jpeg

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
You are really loving @ChargerChallenger that new Charger aren’t you! Anything else just seems like it is not as nice! Love mine too but halfway decided to sell it in order to downsize. View attachment 10974
Your gonna miss her I definitely missed mine and truly held out for the Redeye Charger but feel that is probably not happening. So yes she’s just so much fun and I like the narrow body look and she’s just more gnarly then my Redeye Challenger. The Widebody set up is nice on my Challenger but she doesn’t bust loose lol as easily as my former Hellcats and now my new Charger. Which for some here may say huh but it is a blast to get her sideways with just a punch on the gas.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Caddy just released a TTV8 sedan, codenamed Blackbird. It's new nomenclature is CT6-V. The performance isn't amazing, but the AWD gets it to 60 in 3.8s.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Caddy just released a TTV8 sedan, codenamed Blackbird. It's new nomenclature is CT6-V. The performance isn't amazing, but the AWD gets it to 60 in 3.8s.
Ive got a sweet spot for large, fast luxo-barges...

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ive got a sweet spot for large, fast luxo-barges...
me too...that's why I like the 1970 Chrysler 300 w/a 440 in it :p

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
me too...that's why I like the 1970 Chrysler 300 w/a 440 in it :p
(y)Chrysler’s big cars like the Crown Imperial and their Chrysler 300 letter cars are pretty special. It is a rare treat to see one. They were works of art. I think the styling of today’s Chargers are cut from the same cloth.
D3E16184-6EFC-405B-A8BD-3A7F96029CDA.jpeg F449D58A-006B-477E-BE55-BC5552A5137F.jpeg
This is styling any way you look at it especially as compared to the other boxes out there
1F82FD56-1A4C-4CD5-8E46-31168E0BD030.jpeg
Interior is not anything like the early 60’s Chrysler 300’s but still nicer than just about any other sedans out there
D1CCCD5D-0B30-4B69-A393-4127AC26A28D.jpeg

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
(y)Chrysler’s big cars like the Crown Imperial and their Chrysler 300 letter cars are pretty special.
There were several Imperials and 300's in my neighborhood when I was a kid, '68-'70 models. The moms would pile 6 of us kids in those 300's and it still seemed like you could fit 8 more in there. That back seat was like a couch. Good times :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Funny...never driven..(or ridden)..in a new charger...had my heart set on the RE WB Charger...so from a guy that has both...give me the comparison breakdown..

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Funny...never driven..(or ridden)..in a new charger...had my heart set on the RE WB Charger...so from a guy that has both...give me the comparison breakdown..
Both of ours are non- wide bodies. Do you mean compare Charger vs Challenger?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
The Charger is truly a blast and every bit as fun as the Challenger and in some ways more fun. The longer wheel base gives her a really nice ride and exhaust rumble in the larger interior space is more pronounced as well. The interior roominess is really nice since you have the rear door and more light interior wise with so many windows. I feel the Challenger has a more sporty feel and definitely the better sharper lines and retro. And of course the Charger is a love or hate look and modern design.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Both of ours are non- wide bodies. Do you mean compare Charger vs Challenger?
yes...there is no translation in Yiddish..or Arabic for the word charger...so break it down for me..lol