Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dragpak

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I watch him on YouTube. I remember when he had a Demon and posted on fakebook.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have seen the car a couple of times

20210925_125409.jpg

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I watched a couple videos of his.
Good for him for dipping his toes into the water. This type of racing is very expensive and every little trick helps.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I watched a couple videos of his.
Good for him for dipping his toes into the water. This type of racing is very expensive and every little trick helps.
Especially since Watson Racing built and modified the car to make it competitive.

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #6
Beautiful performance but sucks there's no vin

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Especially since Watson Racing built and modified the car to make it competitive.
Watson racing builds all the Drag paks:unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Watson racing builds all the Drag paks:unsure:
They redid the car so that it's competitive. If I remember correctly, it was another $100K for that work.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
They redid the car so that it's competitive. If I remember correctly, it was another $100K for that work.
The ROi must be awesome!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The ROi must be awesome!
They race for peanuts.
That is why its not uncommon to see many pro (well pro stock) drivers at the big money bracket races.
Byron had a 135k payout for their 4th of July/Firecracker national race this year.

Many tracks are starting to do this as it brings in hundreds of racers who will drop thousands on entry and buy backs for a shot at a big pay day.
Meanwhile, Factory Stock payout is a giant $1,500 to the winner. 150k for a Drag Pak then another 100k into it to win $1,500?!!

I have a friend that spent half that to build a no prep 28" tire car that whipped on everyone for a year and a half and made a lot of his money back on the car through winnings.

Its really hard to support NHRA class racing anymore.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They race for peanuts.
That is why its not uncommon to see many pro (well pro stock) drivers at the big money bracket races.
Byron had a 135k payout for their 4th of July/Firecracker national race this year.

Many tracks are starting to do this as it brings in hundreds of racers who will drop thousands on entry and buy backs for a shot at a big pay day.
Meanwhile, Factory Stock payout is a giant $1,500 to the winner. 150k for a Drag Pak then another 100k into it to win $1,500?!!

I have a friend that spent half that to build a no prep 28" tire car that whipped on everyone for a year and a half and made a lot of his money back on the car through winnings.

Its really hard to support NHRA class racing anymore.
NHRA wants everyone to have a sponsor to pay for your stuff and then they keep the money earned from the events. Which makes it difficult for every racer who runs the circuit.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
NHRA wants everyone to have a sponsor to pay for your stuff and then they keep the money earned from the events. Which makes it difficult for every racer who runs the circuit.
Not for Profit organization.

Good luck getting some of the contingency money too. Racers spend a lot of time on the phone tracking down those 250-500 or so bucks when you win a race. Its bull shit.

Its one thing to get paid from running a Holley EFI system or Moser rear end etc. But the NHRA really should be paying these guys.

I know years ago, to run a nitro car cost damn near 10 grand per pass!! The total purse for Top Fuel is 44k per race!!!

And then they wonder why car count is down?

Drag racing IMO is just a popular as ever. Check out the following for Street Outlaws or 1320 Video or all these Drag and Drive events. When the professionals become an elitist class, the masses move to something else.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not for Profit organization.

Good luck getting some of the contingency money too. Racers spend a lot of time on the phone tracking down those 250-500 or so bucks when you win a race. Its bull shit.

Its one thing to get paid from running a Holley EFI system or Moser rear end etc. But the NHRA really should be paying these guys.

I know years ago, to run a nitro car cost damn near 10 grand per pass!! The total purse for Top Fuel is 44k per race!!!

And then they wonder why car count is down?

Drag racing IMO is just a popular as ever. Check out the following for Street Outlaws or 1320 Video or all these Drag and Drive events. When the professionals become an elitist class, the masses move to something else.
When you're not part of the "clique" in the pro ranks and you were competitive, they would try to find ways to slow you down. I saw this when I was a kid with a local top fuel team.

This was years ago so I don't know if this is true today.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I quit watching the NHRA when Max Naylor got hosed.

He struggled with his Pro Stock Jagermeister car. Decided to throw Hoosier tires on it and qualified #1 and was up towards the front of the pack for a couple of races in terms of ET.

NHRA came down hard and banned all tires but Good Year. Guess who disappeared after that?

Competition between brands makes better products. But now its the Chevy and Good year show. Snooze.

They were so worried about the popularity of import drag racing, they bought NIRA and basically dissolved it outside of the Pro Import class.

Why anyone gives a shit to race for them is beyond me. The Nitro stuff is cool to watch but the rest of the organization is shit.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
It's never about the money.
Having land speed raced a motorcycle at both Bonneville Speed Week and the Maxton Mile (as owners, we had quasi-professional asses for the seat!), I can speak directly from personal experience...

You know how to make small fortune racing?

Start out with a big one!

That's no shite, but like you said, it's never about the money...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Having land speed raced a motorcycle at both Bonneville Speed Week and the Maxton Mile (as owners, we had quasi-professional asses for the seat!), I can speak directly from personal experience...

You know how to make small fortune racing?

Start out with a big one!

That's no shite, but like you said, it's never about the money...
How to go broke? Go racing...🤣🤣🤣