Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I am curious if this 2-3 shift issue is more pronounced on 3.09 geared Redeyes vs 2.62s??? 104 -106 mph is pretty good but something is up with your car because looking at some of my slips you out 60 me and ran a higher mph but my 1/8 et was better. I wouldn't be too worried your car is pretty much where it should be considering the DA. Really your trans needs to be broken in. Maybe it will get smother after more passes?

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #262
X

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I agree with your assesment of the time slips 100%. I have other examples that clearly show my car is dropping the ball mid pass. I will say I have 315/50R17's that are 1.5" taller than stock. So if your gearing question pans out then what do you think this car is going to do when I put the Hoosiers on it that are quite a bit lighter and 28" tall. It's going to REALLY screw up. I am not looking forward to finding that out...........

I have taken quite a bit of weight out of my car. So I am thinking if it actually DID accelerate for the WHOLE 1/8th mile it might go 107 or 108 in that same DA. I can hope, right?
FWIW - My RE has had 2.62 gears and 3.09 gears. It's had the 315 and the 305 MT on it as well(both w the 3.09). To my knowledge I've never had this lag on the 2-3 that you're experiencing.

I did have over 1k miles on my car before I took it to the track though so maybe there's some mileage related issue that will go away at some point??

Last edited:

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I had the 2-3 "bog" the first two times I launched my 3.09 Redeye and that was it. Completely gone after that.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@DRAGRCR
Ron, and others also; have you tried it with the gas upgraded? I have noticed with pump 93 from one station (BP), that has happened (last summer was its first, but it did do that a few times, AND I AGREE IT FEELS AWFUL, BUT it don't do it all the time). Then last year I used another brand (Shell), and it seemed to NOT do it. Also on my videos from Hallett there are a few 2-3 shifts, with good gas and additive, and they are hard without the stumble we all are describing, FYI.

Just picked up the girl with the new SC and had an opportunity to give it a romp or two on the way down to the office here. It is filled with track 93 octane from the Hallett track and a half can of Octanium is in it. It is basically off the trailer but with the OEM wheels and Toyo R888R's, which are biting down pretty good also. I am not getting any pullback at any shifts. I did confirm it spooled up to 14 psi also, so the new spinner seems good also. I know I got it to kick down to second than ran up to 4th before the damn guy in front of me was in the way:unsure:

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I agree with your assesment of the time slips 100%. I have other examples that clearly show my car is dropping the ball mid pass. I will say I have 315/50R17's that are 1.5" taller than stock. So if your gearing question pans out then what do you think this car is going to do when I put the Hoosiers on it that are quite a bit lighter and 28" tall. It's going to REALLY screw up. I am not looking forward to finding that out...........

I have taken quite a bit of weight out of my car. So I am thinking if it actually DID accelerate for the WHOLE 1/8th mile it might go 107 or 108 in that same DA. I can hope, right?
What happened to the 28x10.5 x 17 Hoosiers. Thought that was the preferred tire. I never went any better (stcock) on 315s. Too tall, Too heavy.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #267
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #268
X

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was running Shell 91 at the time. But no octane booster of any sort. I was thinking fuel quality. But Speedy said he thinks it is torque management protecting the trans. If fuel quality was low I would think it would pull timing and the shift might improve. Also it starts hauling ass once the power starts feeding back in. I am happy with my MPH which equals power. I will admit the car I am comparing to that had no hesitation on the 2-3 shift did use octane booster. HMMMmmmmm.
I will try a 2-3 on the way home if I get a chance, or again this weekend on this tank, no problem, not going to drive it that much. I'll even try to do a video of some sort. We will talk again.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #270
X

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I was running Shell 91 at the time. But no octane booster of any sort. I was thinking fuel quality. But Speedy said he thinks it is torque management protecting the trans. If fuel quality was low I would think it would pull timing and the shift might improve. Also it starts hauling ass once the power starts feeding back in. I am happy with my MPH which equals power. I will admit the car I am comparing to that had no hesitation on the 2-3 shift did use octane booster. HMMMmmmmm.
That could be the problem. I do run 91 octane in my Redeye once in awhile but whenever I go to the track I make sure I fill up with 93 or 94 octane. I don't know if you guys have 94 at the pumps down there but up here 93 and 94 are at most gas stations.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
@DRAGRCR

Next time you go to the track data log your car. Hpindy data logged a few of my best passes and he has all the info on his computer. I am sure he and others here could figure out whats going on by comparing our logs. My car is 100% bone stock with just rear wheel and tire setup. I even have the original factory washer fluid in the resvoir.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
DOH! I totally missed that the first go around, I need to work on my reading comprehension it seems. That could DEFINITELY be STKR kicking in. I logged my car bone stock and had 4 deg of STKR in places on 93 octane and that was at a mere 11psi of boost. I'd think you'd feel it in more than one spot though, but still 91 octane in these cars doesn't sit well with me.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
DOH! I totally missed that the first go around, I need to work on my reading comprehension it seems. That could DEFINITELY be STKR kicking in. I logged my car bone stock and had 4 deg of STKR in places on 93 octane and that was at a mere 11psi of boost. I'd think you'd feel it in more than one spot though, but still 91 octane in these cars doesn't sit well with me.
Yep, with the track 93 octane plus booster, mine showed 14 psi pretty easy today. Also in my track videos, same tank it has now, there is some 2-3 shifts all in Track Mode and no hesitation.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #275
X

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Only misfires and long term knock retard are stored (LTKR). Short term knock retard isn't stored. Yes it does feed the timing back in once the knock sensors quiet down and there what's called a decay rate on how fast that happens. For reference I can't personally feel 2-3 deg of STKR. More than that and my butt dyno feels it.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #277
X

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
MPVI2 and a cable to data log are pretty cheap assuming you have a Windows based OS laptop and I think you'd find very useful for how you're using the car. I learn a TON from my drag strip logs and log every single run.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
I do not have a tool to data log. But if I did I could probably figure it out. I have data logged before.

Here we only have 91 octane. But there is one station nearby that has Sonoco SS100 at $8.99 a Gallon VS 2.99 for the 91 octane. I just put in 4 gallons for next Saturday.
Sounds like you have friends with tuners right? There tuners will datalog your car no matter if it’s locked and your your pcm is locked. Stock I datalog mine just to make sure no timing was being pulled which it wasn’t. I didn’t have the bad shifts that you speak of.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Watch that Sunoco ss100. At $6.99 if you can get it. $8.99 is the usuall price, but I got struck twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.