Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #421
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #422
X

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I've read that thread. Most of the issues I see described in it are the car protecting itself from overrevving and such ON THE STREET. My car is like this, so is yours and, I suspect, all of them. That isn't a concern for me as I'm personally happy that the car will help my old ass reflexes from spinning it around in the road(ala Mustang).

That isn't my confusion at all. My confusion lies more in the fact that mine never does this on track and yours does it all the time on the track. If it were a programming issue then it would seem to me that I'd have the same hiccup. I realize yours is a '20 and mine's a '19 but I can't imagine why this issue would possibly be a year model thing...??

Mine will definitely do it on the track too, it is more subdued than on the street though as there's more traction available. One thing I need to get over is that a 275 is probably not near enough tire for this car, even if it is a drag radial. Curious if any of you guys checked out that video I put a link in for, because you can clearly see the Demon fall on it's face on the shift, then surge back ahead. That is more of a street driving situation than a drag strip run, so maybe we should expect it on the street - revs just build too fast???

It doesn't feel right though, I have given a couple friends joy rides over the past few weeks and they have both commented that the shifts don't feel right, 2-3 and 3-4, on the street of course the first two gears are all about managing wheelspin :)

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #424
X

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
L
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye WB
@DRAGRCR If you get this fixed and they flash your pcm & tcm and fixed this problem and then do a campaign for the fix.

I WILL BUY YOU BEER!!!!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I have some very disappointing news. My FCA level 2 case manager called me today. It's apparent they completely do not even understand what the basic problem with the car is. The factory engineers suggest I run the car in street mode when I drag race it. I told him if that is their final answer he and them can leave my life forever. He regrouped and asked me for specifics and he wanted to quote me verbatim in an email he was sending them. He did, this time, include a link to the Video I posted on YouTube. I told him specifically if they could not grasp what was happening to have them call Jim Wilder. That he had watched the Video and he has a good idea what the car is doing.

But either way I am getting the feeling that I will never have the patience for these knuckleheads. I don't mean to be disrespectful but what more do you want as far as a description. The car hiccups on the 1-2 shift when drag racing @ WOT. One sentence. There is no variation and no traction loss involved in this process.

No way am I going to go months and months before this is resolved.

To give them the benefit of the doubt. It kind of seems like they think I am running the stock tires.
Ron
The problem at hand is most likely a (kid) or video game player, that has never raced a real car in his life. Sometimes you need to get to the right person in the pack , as of now I think your in the low level of the engineering dept. I hope with more pressure you will get to the correct person. You can hear that stumble as clear as day, hell I’m half deaf from jet engines for the last 40 years but I hear it. Good luck! maybe Jim will be able to get someone who knows what ends up! John

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
That's a disappointing start Ron.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I have some very disappointing news. My FCA level 2 case manager called me today. It's apparent they completely do not even understand what the basic problem with the car is. The factory engineers suggest I run the car in street mode when I drag race it. I told him if that is their final answer he and them can leave my life forever. He regrouped and asked me for specifics and he wanted to quote me verbatim in an email he was sending them. He did, this time, include a link to the Video I posted on YouTube. I told him specifically if they could not grasp what was happening to have them call Jim Wilder. That he had watched the Video and he has a good idea what the car is doing.

But either way I am getting the feeling that I will never have the patience for these knuckleheads. I don't mean to be disrespectful but what more do you want as far as a description. The car hiccups on the 1-2 shift when drag racing @ WOT. One sentence. There is no variation and no traction loss involved in this process.

No way am I going to go months and months before this is resolved.

To give them the benefit of the doubt. It kind of seems like they think I am running the stock tires.
Wow that's pretty disappointing to hear, it couldn't seem more like they don't really care and it definitely seems like they put little to no effort into this issue so far...

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #429
X

Last edited:

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
I think it would be useful to send a stock datalog to a "good" tuner to see exactly what's going on. Some have good connections and that may help with it. Having the I know what the problem is could be very helpful.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I think it would be useful to send a stock datalog to a "good" tuner to see exactly what's going on. Some have good connections and that may help with it. Having the I know what the problem is could be very helpful.
I was asking Curt about it and he said this:
"I'm almost positive that the hiccup is torque management. It's probably fuel cut. Get me a log of it and I can confirm for you."

I won't be able to track my car for awhile, but when I do I was going to send Curt a couple logs. However, I haven't been able to confirm if my car is doing this or not. I haven't noticed a hiccup from racing it last year, but it's possible it's there and I'm not feeling it. I went from a 15' M6 to my 19' A8 Redeye and the difference between shifts was night and day.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #432
X

Last edited:

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Oh, you feel it. It's absolutely nothing like the 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 and so on. In my car those shifts are perfect. That is also one confusing point I will make. Why do they jack up the 1-2 when all the rest are on point?

I too am sold on Torque Management based on what curt said and Speedy said.
If all Redeye's have the exact same Torque Management settings (as they should) and both guys with 19s and 20s have reported the problem, then why does it seem like everyone is not experiencing this problem? Elevation/DA causing power loss enough that TM doesn't kick in? Just makes me curious.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #434
X

Last edited:

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
If some cars do it and some cars don't on the same exact calibration in the same conditions, than the cause is likely mechanical variances between the two cars.

Example, maybe one car makes a little more boost than the other, so it calculates a higher torque value which then causes it to be noticeably more aggressive with tq mgmt.

Or, differing clutch clearances causing one trans to take longer to complete the 1-2 shift and so it does a boost/ignition and/or fuel cut to protect itself as it approaches the rpm limits. Both cars would have started the shift process at the same time with identical tunes but one car would complete the shift earlier while the other completes it later. Too much later and it'll feel like a momentary throttle chop.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'll be at MSHS KY this weekend with my laptop if anyone wants a log hit me up.

Member ID
Reactions
City
L
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
6300 is the rpm limit for a RE.

Member ID
Reactions
City
L
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
So we need to figure out how to make it shift before redline and not cut the tps?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
So we need to figure out how to make it shift before redline and not cut the tps?
Would be a bummer to have to pull this motor back 500 rpms as it is specifically designed to rev higher than the regular Hellcat 6.2 motor and most of us got this car specifically for the Demon motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.