Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #501
X

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I'm bummed that I have not been able to get to the track yet this year because ours has not been able to open, and I would love to catch a couple hiccup shifts on video there...but I'm just going to say that yesterday I was in a full traction situation with very good tires - even though it was on the street.

It surprised me a little that it did it because I've had some pretty good rides with much cleaner shifting in the last week that I've been driving on these ET Street Rs, and I've also been driving on some Michelin PS4s for the better part of the last 5 weeks and they perform pretty damn well. The car shifts much better on those than the 555Rs I had on before which seemed to spin too easy.

Member ID
Reactions
City
park ridge
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Octane Red WR RE
What's the PCM Dodge Mod? Hiccup fix or ?

Man FCA know how to screw customers. You better tell Jim and Tim to step up with this BS. Tune the car from the factory to hiccup then void your warranty when you get a tune to fix it.

This kinda stuff makes me not want to be a Dodge customer.
I'm wondering this also. My understanding is they will unlock your PCM for free if you by the MPV12 module/hardware?

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
I'm wondering this also. My understanding is they will unlock your PCM for free if you by the MPV12 module/hardware?
You are correct. I just ordered the MPV12 and the PCM unlock. When you put them in your cart the PCM unlock shows $0.00. I won't be able to send my PCM in right away since I'm stuck in Kabul but I let them know not to process the order if that is going to be an issue. Fingers crossed they will honor the free unlock down the road whenever that may be.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You are correct. I just ordered the MPV12 and the PCM unlock. When you put them in your cart the PCM unlock shows $0.00. I won't be able to send my PCM in right away since I'm stuck in Kabul but I let them know not to process the order if that is going to be an issue. Fingers crossed they will honor the free unlock down the road whenever that may be.
That is what I'm looking for. I won't do it now because I am not missing track days for this. It's getting to time for me to get a tune so I can see how little it would take to get a 9.99.
This would have to wait until November or whenever the track closes.

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
That is what I'm looking for. I won't do it now because I am not missing track days for this. It's getting to time for me to get a tune so I can see how little it would take to get a 9.99.
This would have to wait until November or whenever the track closes.
I'll let you know if they come back and say it has to be done in 90 days or anything like that to get the free unlock. Give it a few days.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Just to be clear, my car hiccups on the street and I consider that to be normal. Mainly because there are so many variables and it is un prepped and my back tire pressure is @ 32 PSI. I also consider that poll on here to be seriously flawed for that reason. It does no specify on the race track with a well prepped surface and a good tire VS street on a street tire on a sandy or wet surface. There is certainly a difference if the car is spinning the tires up into the redline spiking the RPM VS being hooked up with a consistent acceleration and no spike in RPM.
Good point on the surface prep. But I will say that my 16 didn't do this on the street on stock 275s anywhere near to the extent this car does it with MT DRs.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I like to beat up serious drag racers

On the Dragstrip.

With my Bonestock Demon

Down to the wheels. IMG956953.jpg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Wrong thread?

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I like to beat up serious drag racers

On the Dragstrip.

With my Bonestock Demon

Down to the wheels. View attachment 19889
What do you run with your bone stock Demon? Assuming you are on the race gas tune/crate air filter and use the front skinnies? Ever street drive it, or race it on pump gas and regular tune with big front tires and regular filter?

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
What do you run with your bone stock Demon? Assuming you are on the race gas tune/crate air filter and use the front skinnies? Ever street drive it, or race it on pump gas and regular tune with big front tires and regular filter?

Passengers seat cloth.

Safety harness and bar.

Off foot brake at dead idle.

1300 DA.

Never driven with rear tires up front.

Air Grabber race filter.

3600 miles.

Mickey Thompsons in rear. Screenshot_2020-07-09-19-15-17.png

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Nice! 10.0s@135+ Is haulin! Car looks awesome on the strip. That’s race gas/race tune with front skinnies then? Crazy to think easy driving street legal cars can do things like this on the drag strip!

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
like to beat up serious drag racers

On the Dragstrip.

With my Bonestock Demon
Passengers seat cloth.

Safety harness and bar.

Off foot brake at dead idle.

1300 DA.

Never driven with rear tires up front.

Air Grabber race filter.

3600 miles.

Mickey Thompsons in rear. View attachment 19917
A "bonestock Demon", runs factory tires imo. Like I said, the serious guys don't run the nitto tires. Thanks for proving my point. They also don't run the heavy demon wheels (skinny wheels included), which accounts for most of them running 9s. The main point I was making was the new RE S/S isn't enough of a change from the RE. It missed out on all the good bits of the Demon (The crate). I just read today that the RE SS has the same exact suspension as the RE. The only changes that the RE SS gets is Demon/Wheels&Tires, a special launch mode (similar to that of the Demons, but NOT it's suspension), a raised rpm to give it 10 more bhp, and demon front brakes. If you are a current RE owner, nothing really significant changed imo. So it would likely be a pointless upgrade. If I was in the market now I'd buy a 2020 RE over a RE SS. Likely get a better deal on RE and I'm not paying 6k for fender flares.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Nice! 10.0s@135+ Is haulin! Car looks awesome on the strip. That’s race gas/race tune with front skinnies then? Crazy to think easy driving street legal cars can do things like this on the drag strip!
260GT Sunoco.

Never ran nittos.

Just a bracket racer.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Thanks IMG956955.jpg
@EricG

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
A "bonestock Demon", runs factory tires imo. Like I said, the serious guys don't run the nitto tires. Thanks for proving my point. They also don't run the heavy demon wheels (skinny wheels included), which accounts for most of them running 9s. The main point I was making was the new RE S/S isn't enough of a change from the RE. It missed out on all the good bits of the Demon (The crate). I just read today that the RE SS has the same exact suspension as the RE. The only changes that the RE SS gets is Demon/Wheels&Tires, a special launch mode (similar to that of the Demons, but NOT it's suspension), a raised rpm to give it 10 more bhp, and demon front brakes. If you are a current RE owner, nothing really significant changed imo. So it would likely be a pointless upgrade. If I was in the market now I'd buy a 2020 RE over a RE SS. Likely get a better deal on RE and I'm not paying 6k for fender flares.
The only thing tempting me was the suspension, new calibration with higher shift points. The flares I am not a fan of. Now that the suspension is the same I am 100% no longer even thinking about purchasing a SS. Thank you.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Raising the RPM shift point 100 RPM will be more than 10HP I bet on the SS.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #519
X

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I personally would like to get a SRT Super Stock. Mainly because I sincerely wanted to run stock calibrations and this RedEye I now have is not working right for my use. If this car shifted properly it would be hard for me to change Vehicles.
Ron, how do we know the SS program will work correctly, in other words any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.