Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Raising the RPM shift point 100 RPM will be more than 10HP I bet on the SS.
Why do you think that?

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
The only thing tempting me was the suspension, new calibration with higher shift points. The flares I am not a fan of. Now that the suspension is the same I am 100% no longer even thinking about purchasing a SS. Thank you.
There are a couple minor things I wouldn't mind, like the new mode for drag racing it's going to get. However, I don't know how much more effective it would be, considering it's running the exact same suspension as the RE. The biggest thing for me is Demon front brakes, but nothing on the SS screams I need it badly over my RE. I still haven't even heard if you can or cannot order it like a Demon (1 seat stripper version). I think that would add to the appeal, since it's a drag purpose car, people will want the lightest possible version.

Dodge should be offering a HO PCM upgrade for the RE and RE SS. People would pay for it, especially if it keeps warranty intact. However, it seems Dodge doesn't want the HO to go to anything but the Demon. Too bad too, easy money for them.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
There are a couple minor things I wouldn't mind, like the new mode for drag racing it's going to get. However, I don't know how much more effective it would be, considering it's running the exact same suspension as the RE. The biggest thing for me is Demon front brakes, but nothing on the SS screams I need it badly over my RE. I still haven't even heard if you can or cannot order it like a Demon (1 seat stripper version). I think that would add to the appeal, since it's a drag purpose car, people will want the lightest possible version.

Dodge should be offering a HO PCM upgrade for the RE and RE SS. People would pay for it, especially if it keeps warranty intact. However, it seems Dodge doesn't want the HO to go to anything but the Demon. Too bad too, easy money for them.
Wonder how long theyre going to worry about hurting feelings of 3300 people and hold back on producing another killer vehicle that could improve on the Demon? Really feels like theyre holding back just to preserve the Demon mystique but at some point...

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #524
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #525
X

Last edited:

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I would think that is a no, since we don't even get the drag springs and revised knuckle. By the way, you cannot build a 1 seat Scat Pack 1320 on the Dodge site right now. But that does not mean anything since the info on there is surprisingly incorrect on many things. Someone there needs to be terminated. Absolutely no attention to detail.

If I could get a one seat version that would be a major plus for me. But then can you get a Naked Trunk? Probably not. At least the rear seat delete is available.
Yeah I don't trust the Dodge build site. It's wrong a lot. When I was configuring my 19' RE it wasn't allowing me to put certain options together and it was missing the optional 3.09 gear as a selection as well.

And yes, the RE SS would need to be optioned out like the Demon in the sense that I would opt for no trunk carpet, 2 speaker radio, etc. It's too bad that the SS has solved problems that DODGE SHOULD be fixing for current owners. Not just expecting us to foot the $$$ and trade up. It's far cheaper for me to just tune my car, adjust rpm shift, torque management, etc. Not really happy when it comes to Dodge customer service. They seem to disregard the previous MY when the new model comes out, expecting us all to jump onto the next new thing.

Could be worse though. My buddy is getting a new C8 and Chevy is using something called Global B Communication which will make it very difficult to tune your car.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Three interior color options.

Black.

Sepia.

Demonic red.

Rear seat delete available.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Yeah I don't trust the Dodge build site. It's wrong a lot. When I was configuring my 19' RE it wasn't allowing me to put certain options together and it was missing the optional 3.09 gear as a selection as well.

And yes, the RE SS would need to be optioned out like the Demon in the sense that I would opt for no trunk carpet, 2 speaker radio, etc. It's too bad that the SS has solved problems that DODGE SHOULD be fixing for current owners. Not just expecting us to foot the $$$ and trade up. It's far cheaper for me to just tune my car, adjust rpm shift, torque management, etc. Not really happy when it comes to Dodge customer service. They seem to disregard the previous MY when the new model comes out, expecting us all to jump onto the next new thing.

Could be worse though. My buddy is getting a new C8 and Chevy is using something called Global B Communication which will make it very difficult to tune your car.
At this point were just assuming dodge has solved the shifting problems, I mean what jim wilder says in an email may just mean he’s confident with the car, they are very proud of/confident with the redeye too...

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
  • Suspension calibration changes to full firm in rear and firm compression and soft rebound in front
I'd love to have just that one change on my car.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
You want mine?:) I think a spring upgrade may help more.

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye

Funny You Mention the one change on your RE you want.
I was speaking with AJ, and I told him the ONE CHANGE I wanted was to have

INDEPENDENT control of the SRT power chiller.

i.e., the ability to use my custom drive mode (Street suspension, Track Transmission, etc, AND flip on the SRT Power Chiller.

I also threw Joe Z, of the Tazer Product the same message. Since it exists in the MY20, they believe the logic may be there. Both of them are working on it this week. I asked the question on progress in Herman's(Demonology) live chat, so I know that it is being looked at.

That will at least let me soften that rear up for launches

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I had a question in another thread that posed the question wondering if the the shock absorbers were DIFFERENT between a Hellcat and a Demon/1320, or is it just programming differences? Is it just the piston valving being commanded to a different orifice size that already exists in all SRT shocks? Or are the Demon/1320 shocks built differently to allow those characteristics? If you want a Demon suspension, buy the springs/knuckles/sway bars. Do you need to add shocks to that list? Or will the programming change take care of it electronically?

>shrug<

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #533
X

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I personally would like to get a SRT Super Stock. Mainly because I sincerely wanted to run stock calibrations and this RedEye I now have is not working right for my use. If this car shifted properly it would be hard for me to change Vehicles.
I am heading to the track this weekend. Hpindy will data log my car. If you like you can show my logs to FCA and if there is any difference then they have to fix your car or at least allow you to change the settings to match mine assuming mine are any different. I am happy so far with my car it leaves pretty hard and is consistently getting faster.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #535
X

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
LET's TALK WHEELS AND TIRES.

I do want a SRT Super Stock. But I found out some alarming news yesterday. So, I have these Forgestar F14 wheels and I love them. Well, they do NOT make a F14 Wide body wheel in a 17X10. To be able to keep the F14's in Gunmetal I will be forced to go with an 18X11 and the 305/45R18 ET STREET R. I am not sure if that tire will hook at Irwindale. I also could run the P325/45R18 Hoosier DOT Drag Radial. But that tire is not recommended for the street. In fact it is forbidden. Plus there is the cost of all this. Wheels, tires Hubcentric rings, TPMS and selling the other stuff used. The Front Wheels/Tires will still work so I will keep them because I really like the way the car drives on this setup.

Now the rear Billet Specialties Win Lite's with the Hoosier Radial Slicks. Luckily I have not used that stuff yet. Also, I might not get hammered so bad because at the retail level the Drag Pack wheel I have is more expensive than the Dodge Wide Body 17X10 Win Lite. Now, do I get the new wheels and transfer over the tires, TPMS and Hub rings and sell the wheels, or do I sell the assemblies all dialed in and ready to go? Guess I have to test the waters on here and on FB. Again the Front setup will work but it is not optimum for the Demon front Brake Assemblies. It is 2 pounds heavier. I will probably keep them and use as is, unless someone wants them real bad and wants me to include them with the rear as a set and I do not get hurt on the money so bad.

With the Win Lites there is another issue. All their wheels except the Drag Pack have always been a Mag Shank Lug Nut. So the existing fronts are conical seat lug nuts. Well, they are transitioning all their wheels to a Mag Shank now. As stock runs out, when they build new lots they will be made with a conical seat. So, I may not be able to get a 17X10 Dodge Wide Body Win Lite wheel with conical seats to match my fronts. That would suck. .
View attachment 20290
Nice looking car Ron I would keep it ! Unless you can get a buy back because of your problems. JMO John

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I agree, Ron. You really have a unique and good looking RE. Good work on the wheels and tires. Hope you can make that one work.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
LET's TALK WHEELS AND TIRES.

I do want a SRT Super Stock. But I found out some alarming news yesterday. So, I have these Forgestar F14 wheels and I love them. Well, they do NOT make a F14 Wide body wheel in a 17X10. To be able to keep the F14's in Gunmetal I will be forced to go with an 18X11 and the 305/45R18 ET STREET R. I am not sure if that tire will hook at Irwindale. I also could run the P325/45R18 Hoosier DOT Drag Radial. But that tire is not recommended for the street. In fact it is forbidden. Plus there is the cost of all this. Wheels, tires Hubcentric rings, TPMS and selling the other stuff used. The Front Wheels/Tires will still work so I will keep them because I really like the way the car drives on this setup.

Now the rear Billet Specialties Win Lite's with the Hoosier Radial Slicks. Luckily I have not used that stuff yet. Also, I might not get hammered so bad because at the retail level the Drag Pack wheel I have is more expensive than the Dodge Wide Body 17X10 Win Lite. Now, do I get the new wheels and transfer over the tires, TPMS and Hub rings and sell the wheels, or do I sell the assemblies all dialed in and ready to go? Guess I have to test the waters on here and on FB. Again the Front setup will work but it is not optimum for the Demon front Brake Assemblies. It is 2 pounds heavier. I will probably keep them and use as is, unless someone wants them real bad and wants me to include them with the rear as a set and I do not get hurt on the money so bad.

With the Win Lites there is another issue. All their wheels except the Drag Pack have always been a Mag Shank Lug Nut. So the existing fronts are conical seat lug nuts. Well, they are transitioning all their wheels to a Mag Shank now. As stock runs out, when they build new lots they will be made with a conical seat. So, I may not be able to get a 17X10 Dodge Wide Body Win Lite wheel with conical seats to match my fronts. That would suck. .
View attachment 20290
At least you’re not OCD or anything... :)

It is a lot to ponder, what you have in the hand vs what you could have for more $$$ - I mean what do you think the difference would be? If you have this car for around $60 and already have it set up just needing a tranny tune...plus I think it really does look good...plain blue hood and all, tough not to stick with it.

I have the next 3 days off and was thinking of visiting my dealer’s service manager and taking him for a ride and tell him I’m not happy how it shifts. If you don’t mind, would you ask if you can share Jim’s email and I can have my service manager send him an email about it? I can make the hiccup happen pretty easily, thing is of course I’m not necessarily in Mexico when I’m showing the hiccup on the 2-3 shift...

if a path to the super stock is available, especially at a deal, I can imagine the desire to go that route is strong.

I just don’t want to give up hope in getting a factory flash for the trans/engine in the form of some service bulletin.

I remember when the 300C SRT8 first came out (@DGatzby had one too) and they would hiccup on the 1-2 shift when you kicked it down, and enough of us on the forum caught the attention of the SRT engineers, and they came out with a flash that fixed it by preloading the 1-2 shift any time the car already was in 1st! I’m not saying our problem is that simple to solve, but it just gives me hope here,...maybe false hope...I just don’t think our problem is that hard to solve if they would just give it a little fucking attention!!! @DodgeCares

Sorry to blab on in your thread...good luck :)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
At least you’re not OCD or anything... :)

It is a lot to ponder, what you have in the hand vs what you could have for more $$$ - I mean what do you think the difference would be? If you have this car for around $60 and already have it set up just needing a tranny tune...plus I think it really does look good...plain blue hood and all, tough not to stick with it.

I have the next 3 days off and was thinking of visiting my dealer’s service manager and taking him for a ride and tell him I’m not happy how it shifts. If you don’t mind, would you ask if you can share Jim’s email and I can have my service manager send him an email about it? I can make the hiccup happen pretty easily, thing is of course I’m not necessarily in Mexico when I’m showing the hiccup on the 2-3 shift...

if a path to the super stock is available, especially at a deal, I can imagine the desire to go that route is strong.

I just don’t want to give up hope in getting a factory flash for the trans/engine in the form of some service bulletin.

I remember when the 300C SRT8 first came out (@DGatzby had one too) and they would hiccup on the 1-2 shift when you kicked it down, and enough of us on the forum caught the attention of the SRT engineers, and they came out with a flash that fixed it by preloading the 1-2 shift any time the car already was in 1st! I’m not saying our problem is that simple to solve, but it just gives me hope here,...maybe false hope...I just don’t think our problem is that hard to solve if they would just give it a little fucking attention!!! @DodgeCares

Sorry to blab on in your thread...good luck :)
Good memory! That is correct, that shift was a lot like this hiccup! I almost forgot, but that was a positive noticeable fix they did. I realized the other day, mine does the 1-2 crap quite a bit.

If anyone believes more of us complaining will help, I should be back to the dealer within the next month, I’ll try to also report it and see if I can get some additional attention also.

I caught myself more than once this past weekend simply driving through it by pressing the gas down more, just momentarily, while it was taking its sweet time pulling off that pause-fart-shift.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Wonder how long theyre going to worry about hurting feelings of 3300 people and hold back on producing another killer vehicle that could improve on the Demon? Really feels like theyre holding back just to preserve the Demon mystique but at some point...
Is it in the realm of possibility they remove the chastity belt on the next platform that way they don’t alienate their 3000 base, 300 Canada and want cycle through a bunch of us to newer gen platform. I would love to know the innards of their marketing department, even More so their engineering Dept. But I guess if I knew what makes those departments tick I wouldn’t be typing right now because I would know. If you look back
at the variants offered since the Demon, I don’t think they have offered every feature the demon had in one car not counting the crate. ie:
power chiller, trans brake, suspension and the likes. Sure the crate and all is cool, but just Gimmeeeee all the bells and whistles aside from crate at a reasonable price and I will trade up. As far as The SS. Don’t think they put enough meet on the bone to make it worth trade up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.