Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dragy or G Tech Pro SS, which should I put on my wish list?

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Both look like great tools.

Trying to decide which is better and or easier to use for performance evaluation?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I had the first g techs that came out in the 90's. I don't know everything the newest one does. The dragy info looks pretty cool. Your car has 1/4 mile already on it. For me being I go to the track and will never hook as good on the street I would have no use for it.

What are you looking for it to do for you?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I too had an original g tech. It was a fun toy.
The draggy is the standard now, everyone uses them, they’re super accurate. Both of my brothers use them and have no complaints.

OP
T

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Dragy looks better, so small and easy to use with video overlap. Not keen on the information going to the cloud.

G Tech is more graphic with info on a screen and I won't have to access cloud for information.

Looking to use on my motorcycle, cars, waverunner, boats and anything I can strap it too.

Still have my Vericom unit bought in the 1980's, still works just not GPS.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I use both, Draggy and Gtech Pro SS. Been using Gtech products for over a decade. The Gtech uses a 50 Hz military grade GPS sensor, Draggy uses a 10 Hz sensor. Gtech with 8-9 satellite reception knows if you move a few inches, Draggy you can fool a bit off the line as it does not have that tight of resolution. Gtech does not look for slope, you can run down hill and do a fake faster run, Draggy will label a run invalid if slope is greater then 1% I believe is the figure. I’ve compared both to track timers, Gtech is closer more often, sometimes spot on to the .001 of a second, draggy within .01. Gtech can be glitchy and have memory crashes and loose all you run data but you can back it up to a computer. Gtech has software that you can look at runs side by side 4 runs wide. I use all 3 simultaneously (Gtech, Draggy, car timer) for testing of tunes, parts, technique, as the Gtech sometimes crashes on a run, usually a good one which pisses you off big time that’s why I run both. The Draggy is the standard most street and roll race guys use for 60-130 times, I have not found many that use the Gtech. The Draggy shows my 60-130 to be a bit faster then the Gtech does, sometimes .1 to .2 seconds different but consistently different so it may be using different measurement rules. The Gtech assumes a 12” roll out so depending on stage depth at the track the track will say you ran faster then the Gtech depending on how deep you stage. Draggy you have your data on your phone forever and can share on line, Gtech you can’t. Draggy you can find (probably not now with the holidays on the horizon) repackaged as new returned items on Amazon or eBay for 20-40% off new price, like $120 verse 299 for a Gtech Pro SS as I’ve seldom seen them used, reboxed, or on sale. My suggestion if your only buying one or the other and your good with .01 second accuracy look for a deal on a Draggy.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I use both, Draggy and Gtech Pro SS. Been using Gtech products for over a decade. The Gtech uses a 50 Hz military grade GPS sensor, Draggy uses a 10 Hz sensor. Gtech with 8-9 satellite reception knows if you move a few inches, Draggy you can fool a bit off the line as it does not have that tight of resolution. Gtech does not look for slope, you can run down hill and do a fake faster run, Draggy will label a run invalid if slope is greater then 1% I believe is the figure. I’ve compared both to track timers, Gtech is closer more often, sometimes spot on to the .001 of a second, draggy within .01. Gtech can be glitchy and have memory crashes and loose all you run data but you can back it up to a computer. Gtech has software that you can look at runs side by side 4 runs wide. I use all 3 simultaneously (Gtech, Draggy, car timer) for testing of tunes, parts, technique, as the Gtech sometimes crashes on a run, usually a good one which pisses you off big time that’s why I run both. The Draggy is the standard most street and roll race guys use for 60-130 times, I have not found many that use the Gtech. The Draggy shows my 60-130 to be a bit faster then the Gtech does, sometimes .1 to .2 seconds different but consistently different so it may be using different measurement rules. The Gtech assumes a 12” roll out so depending on stage depth at the track the track will say you ran faster then the Gtech depending on how deep you stage. Draggy you have your data on your phone forever and can share on line, Gtech you can’t. Draggy you can find (probably not now with the holidays on the horizon) repackaged as new returned items on Amazon or eBay for 20-40% off new price, like $120 verse 299 for a Gtech Pro SS as I’ve seldom seen them used, reboxed, or on sale. My suggestion if your only buying one or the other and your good with .01 second accuracy look for a deal on a Draggy.
What is your 60-130? It’s gotta be bottom 5s or high 4s, right?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
What is your 60-130? It’s gotta be bottom 5s or high 4s, right?

I wish, 6.20’ best so far on the draggy. Need about 1150-1200 wheel with a M6 at my weight to get under 5 seconds (at least that’s what I’m seeing)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was just teasing ya, but I’m sure you have a 5 in that thing with couple more tweaks. It’s tough with the M6… With the gearing you have now, what gears are you using?
This is my brother’s most recent. Turbo Camaro.

Attachments

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was just teasing ya, but I’m sure you have a 5 in that thing with couple more tweaks. It’s tough with the M6… With the gearing you have now, what gears are you using?
This is my brother’s most recent. Turbo Camaro.
Nice run!! An auto gains you 1/2 second they say. Last trans with 1.43 third and 3.70 rear I only had to shift once, new trans with 1.30 third and 3.90 rear I have to shift twice, wish I could have the 1.43 third in this 2.66 trans I would have kept the 3.70 rear. He any where near Pocono in Pa? Roll racing a few cars there running high 4’s low 5’s, be some competition for them!! The Gtech shows I’ve run 5.90’s, unfortunately I don’t set the draggy all the time and miss some good runs, I’m back on gasoline now for the winter so missing some good air to get some good passes in. Installing a turbo kit in the boys RX-8 is killing me as far as time for anything else of late. I’m hoping to up the boost for next spring and be in the mid 5’s
6D5BE05E-B3C0-4F51-840C-250ED3425D72.png C05A0621-060E-497D-AF6C-60530EBCA2E9.png

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
We are in the buffalo area, but he just got the car back together in time for the tracks to close, lol.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
We are in the buffalo area, but he just got the car back together in time for the tracks to close, lol.
Hopefully run into you guys at Pocono in the spring!!