Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Electric Pressure Washer

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I need a new electric pressure washer. I'm tired of the crappy gas one I have. I have used a Sun Joe, borrowed, and wasn't really impressed. So any suggestions? Primary use would be washing the car. I'd rather pay more and have a decent piece of equipment.

Member ID
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
I've been very happy with my Sun Joe SPX3000 and I've tried many before.

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Price per $$, SunJoe electric.

I have an AR Blue that has been great, but they use a proprietary mounting system on the lance, so it took some doing to rig the foam cannon.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I got a cheapo SunJoe with an adjustable tip, does the job (you don't need or want to use a lot of pressure on the car).

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
what is a small, compact unit one could ostensibly have in the trunk and power from an inverter from the car charging system? Doesn't have to be industrial grade, just enough to quickly deploy and spot-clean the car if needed.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Thanks for the information!

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Responding to my own thread:
My borrowed Sun Joe turned out to be fine. I was having issues with operator error and a long garden hose that was full of air that caused some frustration. So I can't blame the washer for anything. After it was returned I ended up buying a Powerhouse International electric pressure washer (supposed to do up to 3k PSI and 2.2 GPM.) on Amazon. My research was that all these units are Chinese quality and a bit of a crap shoot. The Powerhouse had good reviews for support (small home business run in US.) I also wanted a hose real and high flow rates. It works well and I've had no issues. That said in this price range probably any unit will work fine for car washing. I'm the type that will spend a bit more to have a tool that lasts. I doubt high quality, when it comes to electric pressure washers, is achievable without spending way way more for a professional machine and car washing isn't that critical to me. Anyway, thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated.