Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Emblems (the lack of)

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Let me start by saying that I've owned my HC for just over 2 years now and I really love the car. But....like anything else, there are 2 things (very small) that irritate me about it. 1). No "Hemi" emblem on the exterior. Every freaking Chrysler product from 03 - present has a Hemi emblem on it but the Hellcats can't get one? 2). The hood is so cool yet no emblem or decal on the raised center section. I feel it needs something there. I've seriously considered the "Supercharged" emblems 68239549 but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I'm not one to start modifying or adding aftermarket do-dads to my cars. To each his own but that's not my style at all.

So with that said, I'd like to know if A) does anyone feel the same way regarding "Hemi" and the hood and B) Did you add subtle emblems or decals to your cars? If so, please post a pic. I'm not adding anything until I'm sure it will look good. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

View attachment IMG_1808[1].JPG

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I have not added any exterior badging to this point. Ive had my car for just over 2 years as well. I have however considered adding the small gold pentastar to the p/s lower fender in a homage to the earlier Mopars.

OP
B5Cat16

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
I thought about the Pentastar too. I think that would be cool.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
It’s hard to improve the look of these cars without crossing over into cheesy territory. Sorry to say most of what people do in this regard just looks horrible to me. Any doo-dads need to be extremely subtle imo.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yep, less is more I think.

After two years, mine says Dodge on the back, as from the factory, and there's now a Challenger emblem on the grille (on the right side) and that's it.

No SRT emblems, no cat skulls, no nothing. And it still runs great, just looks cleaner.

OP
B5Cat16

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
I agree 100%. I've seen some pretty gawdy upgrades over the past few years.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yet you fell for it and called them "upgrades".
(Sorry, couldn't resist).

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
IMG_2480.jpg IMG_2489.jpg
Subtle yes imo

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have never understood this kind of thing. Do you not know your car is a hellcat? Do you need extra catheads so you remember? Do you not know it has a hemi or is supercharged? Yes you do! So these emblems are not for you there for other people. Which is ironic because if you need all these things to tell other people it's a hellcat with a supercharged hemi if those people don't already know they are not the people who will even care. Very ironic.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It was the BMW crowd that started making me dislike the excessiveness.
In addition to the obvious factory emblems on the back, there was often also a license plate frame and logos on the mud flaps. Well, I got it the first time, simply seeing the circular factory badge, as if the fact that it looked just like a BMW wan't enough of a clue.

And somewhat like what Markp pointed out, I have suggested that people look at the registration if they couldn't remember what kind of car they have.

Now I fully understand if ChargerChallenger uses key fobs to keep track of what keys belong to what vehicle,
but most of us don't have that problem.
When I had an MGB with a V8, it didn't say "V8" anywhere on it. It did speak for itself, so to speak, once running.
Oh, and I had the key on a Peterbilt fob (the Pete does not), and not once did I get in the wrong vehicle.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Poor TAPE. Spending all of his time here stalking people who dont agree with him and giving them the thumbs down emoji on all of their posts to try and get to them because he's blocked lol. Gotta love the poor guy.

OP
B5Cat16

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
My sincere apologies for starting this thread. I didn't mean to get people upset.

All the best,

Mike

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
My sincere apologies for starting this thread. I didn't mean to get people upset.

All the best,

Mike
Don't worry about upsetting anyone. It's your car, do what you want. When you ask other people what they think, you will get it, good or bad.

Some people leave their splitter guards on....and other people HATE that. They hate it to the point they are on the verge of having an aneurysm over it. And it's not even their car.

Some people put those giant cat head decals on the side of their cars. It's not my thing, but it doesn't bother me.

Do what you want. Only you have to be happy with it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Some people put those giant cat head decals on the side of their cars. It's not my thing, but it doesn't bother me.
Okay, now you took it too far.
Well, guess it wouldn't bother me either, as long as I didn't have to see them.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
^^^^^^
What he said.....

Member ID
Reactions
City
owensboro
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019redeye hellcat
Hey B5Cat16 agree with you 100% we pay a lot for these cars .There is nothing wrong with letting people know what you drive or what engine you have.I have a 2019 hellcat redeye that says redeye no where on the car except for a little redeye on the badge that you can barely see.Took the dodge letters off the back of car and put REDEYE on it now people come up to me and say WOW you have a redeye.Everybody has their own opinion yours is the one that matters

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Okay, now you took it too far.
Well, guess it wouldn't bother me either, as long as I didn't have to see them.
Well just think.....if you got them just the right size.....you could fit three of them down the side of a Charger (1 on each door and 1 on the qtr)....and if you got them in slightly different shades....it would look like those strobe stripes that came on the old Mopars

I know....

I'm going to hell

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You're overlooking the possibility of also putting one on the hood, and another two on the expansive roof.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You're overlooking the possibility of also putting one on the hood, and another two on the expansive roof.
true, but you have to leave some room for the rate chart and the roof light :ROFLMAO: